Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Mistress of Rome (The Empress of Rome, #1)
This topic is about Mistress of Rome
Archive (Buddy Reads) > June PIFM Buddy Read: Mistress of Rome by Kate Quinn

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D.G. (new) - added it

D.G. | 4477 comments Brett and I are planning to read Mistress of Rome by Kate Quinn. Anybody is welcome to join us.

message 2: by D.G. (new) - added it

D.G. | 4477 comments I can start reading around June 5th or 6th. Does that work for you, Brett?

Brett | 478 comments That sounds good! Gives me time to get the book.

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments I'd like to join ya'll for this! I have it and have been meaning to read it :)

message 5: by D.G. (new) - added it

D.G. | 4477 comments That's great Susan! The more the merrier. ;)

Brett | 478 comments Got the book! Ready to read :)

message 7: by D.G. (new) - added it

D.G. | 4477 comments Great. I'll probably start reading closer to Wednesday or Thursday because I still need to read the traveling book I need to mail.

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments Did ya'll start this? I'm on page 45 or so and enjoying it.

message 9: by D.G. (new) - added it

D.G. | 4477 comments I haven't started yet! I'm still stuck in the book I was reading but I'll definitely start tomorrow.

Brett | 478 comments I'm 8% in, and I'm liking it so far

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments I'm not liking Lepida at all. I want her to get eaten by the lions at the coliseum LOL

Brett | 478 comments Same here! I like that Thea will speak Greek to her and she has no idea that Thea just insulted her. hahaha!

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments Me too LOL

Brett | 478 comments How far are you guys? I can't put the book down. Lepida drives me insane, but I love Arius.

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments I didn't read much yesterday cause we drove to Atlanta to spend the weekend with Hubs, so I'm fixing to start ch 13. My opinion of Lepida hasn't changed at all. In fact, I may like her less now LOL I haven't seen enough of Arius since he and Thea aren't together. And (view spoiler)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments I meant to say, I'm loving this too! Hubs was talking to me last night and I was dying to get to the book LOL finally, he started talking to someone on the phone and I went inside and sat and read :)

message 17: by D.G. (new) - added it

D.G. | 4477 comments I'm starting today!

I went out drinking with some coworkers on Thursday and couldn't read for like 2 days, LOL! Anyhow, I'm definitely starting today. I'm just writing some reviews.

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments Wow DG! That must have been some serious drinking LOL I had a margarita last night and was a little tipsy ;)

Brett | 478 comments Hahaha! You guys are funny

(view spoiler)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments I finally got to a point where they said it. Thanks :)

I'm waiting for someone to kill Lepida. LOL

Brett | 478 comments I want Lepida to be Domintian's mistress so bad! I want her to know what he is really like but I do like that Thea throws it in her face that she is his mistress. Domitian is a bad man though.

message 22: by D.G. (new) - added it

D.G. | 4477 comments I don't know but Lepida seems too obviously evil. I'm just 50 pages in so I don't know if the author will round up the character.

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments DG, I have about 70 pages left and Lepida has not improved. At. All.

message 24: by D.G. (new) - added it

D.G. | 4477 comments Hmmmm...I hope she doesn't end up being too caricaturish (you know the mustache twirling villain type.)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments Brett wrote: "I want Lepida to be Domintian's mistress so bad! I want her to know what he is really like but I do like that Thea throws it in her face that she is his mistress. Domitian is a bad man though."

I have so much I want to say about this, but I don't know where you are LOL I do love that Thea rubs it in Lepida's face that she's his mistress and it just kills Lepida.

Brett | 478 comments D.G. ~Shameless Hussy~ wrote: "Hmmmm...I hope she doesn't end up being too caricaturish (you know the mustache twirling villain type.)"

She is totally mustache twirling villain type

Brett | 478 comments I finished the book. I really liked the ending. I feel like skipping the second book in the series and just jumping to the third book. The third book continues Vix and Sabina's story.

message 28: by D.G. (new) - added it

D.G. | 4477 comments Brett wrote: "She is totally mustache twirling villain type"

Oh boy. I hate when authors do that.

I'm completely behind (I've been blindsided by TWO other books.)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments I finished it today too! I also want to jump to book 3 to read Vix and Sabina's story LOL

Brett | 478 comments DG,
how far have you gotten? What do you think?

message 31: by D.G. (new) - added it

D.G. | 4477 comments I'm at around page 75 at the time the affair between Arius and Thea started. I'm dreading this. I won't end well. :(

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Mistress of Rome (other topics)