VEGETARIANS!!! AND VEGANS!!! discussion

How long have you been a vegetarian/vegan?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Emily ♥ monkeys | 48 comments I've been a vegetarian my entire life ever since I was born, I'm trying to be a vegan

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

1 and 1/2 years.

Kjersti but you can call me Captain I'm gonna have to ditto what Emily said

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

NO ONE in my family is vegetarian.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

watts the difference???????

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

watts is the difference between them????

Emily ♥ monkeys | 48 comments Heres the difference:

Both Vegetarians and vegans dont eat any meat at all but Vegans also dont eat eggs,cheese or drink milk

message 8: by Soumya (new)

Soumya I've been vegetarian for my whole life.

Emily ♥ monkeys | 48 comments awesome

Emily ♥ monkeys | 48 comments yeah...vegetarian 4 life (but its so hard to be a vegan....Im still trying to make the switch)

message 11: by Shruti (new)

Shruti | 7 comments im vegitarian...i find it impossible to be vegan i need my milk

message 12: by Shruti (new)

Shruti | 7 comments oh and i have been vegitarian for life

Emily ♥ monkeys | 48 comments cool :p so do u know alot of ppls that r vegetarians?

message 14: by Shruti (new)

Shruti | 7 comments not really just my family and i + alot of my moms friends

Emily ♥ monkeys | 48 comments cool ..thats awesome

message 16: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) i have been one for about 2 years

message 17: by Shruti (new)

Shruti | 7 comments cool

message 18: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) my friend was a veggie and she introduced me to the new world

message 19: by Shruti (new)

Shruti | 7 comments it really bet it is a "different" world

message 20: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) yeah but i like it now, it feels so much better

Emily ♥ monkeys | 48 comments yay! congrats on being a vegetarian.... :] keep it up, whats your fave veggie food >.< im hungry

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 8 comments I'm a vegetarian, and I have been 'official' since mid summer, but I had been trying to avoid meat for a while before that. I avoid eggs, milk, etc., but I will eat dishes and stuff that have them, 'cause it's already hard enough for my mom to make stuff for me without meat. She's really sweet about it, though, and when she makes a dish with meat, she'll dish out some for me and my sis before she adds the meat. :) I'm trying to convert the rest of my family, but it's hard because whenever I try to talk about all the bad stuff that happens to animals, I start crying. :(

Emily ♥ monkeys | 48 comments aww.... its okay, just try sumthing else...try sumother way to convince them. LIke.....idk sumthing liek writing it down or sumthing then showing them, i think the rest of ur family would get touched by it :p good luck jessica!

Zarha, the groove bringer | 29 comments I've been vegetarian since I was five and learned what meat was. I became a vegan a couple years ago. It's hard since no one in my family is even Vegetarian, but I was able to convince my parents to have a completely meat free thanks giving (other then my grandpa, he wanted meat)

Emily ♥ monkeys | 48 comments wow...thats awesome, i really want to be a vegan, is it hard?

heheh >_< so what did u guys eat on thanksgiving (for my family we ate vege ham and vegetables....and like noodles it was yummy)

message 26: by Zarha, the groove bringer (last edited Mar 08, 2009 11:02AM) (new)

Zarha, the groove bringer | 29 comments It wasn't hard for me really. I got shocked into being Vegan by one of Peta's vids, then after a few months I hadn't gotten the eating thing down so I was really lacking some nutrients and I ate eggs, then I felt really bad. The hardest part was giving up cake and stuff, but it's not too bad, just recently I found some vegan cookies at an airport, it was awesome!
We had tofurky, which I usually hate, but this stuff was really good.

Emily ♥ monkeys | 48 comments wow...i need to start slowly..i already stopped drinking milk, but im still trying to stop eating cake and like cookies and bread...i guess i need to get som of those vegan cookies!! :] tofurky haha coolio ...have u tried the morningstar foods?

Zarha, the groove bringer | 29 comments Yeah, some morning star is great, some of the stuff isn't vegan and I didn't realize that for a while, so I got a little annoyed at the company (even though it was my fault for not reading the ingredients) but I love those fake chicken patties

message 29: by Matilde (new)

Matilde (machirude) i've been since 2006, not too long... and i'm vegetarian, it's so hard to be vegan especially if you are in the middle of nowhere... and i need chocolate ^^'

Zarha, the groove bringer | 29 comments Lol, yeah, I miss milk chocolate a lot. I've gotten used to dark chocolate though

message 31: by Emily ♥ monkeys (last edited Mar 08, 2009 11:26AM) (new)

Emily ♥ monkeys | 48 comments lol...i think they have lots of vegan stuff now

dark chocolates good..has any1 tried soymilk?

Zarha, the groove bringer | 29 comments Yeah, but I had too much of it that I got allergic to it so now I have to have almond milk x_x

:D Oh, I'm gonna try to make vegan ice cream sometime soon

Emily ♥ monkeys | 48 comments almond milk =] o_O hahaahah whats that? it sounds weird

vegan ice cream wow...i want to make some, its so hot over here!! i need it, hehehe do u have the recipe?

Zarha, the groove bringer | 29 comments It's like soymilk but made of almonds, it's not as bad as it sounds, but I like soymilk better. and I don't have a recipe :( my dad suggested it and I liked the idea so I decided I will, I haven't looked for anything though, if I find something I'll let you know

Emily ♥ monkeys | 48 comments okay yay thanks ^__^

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 8 comments I haven't tried almond milk... Kewl! Hey, guess what? *is happy*

Zarha, the groove bringer | 29 comments what? *is curious*

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 8 comments I talked to my mom about it, and she said that I can become a vegan! She said I have to ensure that I get the proper nutrition, and make the transition gradually, but she's going to support me! *is SUPER happy* And tonight, I'm making an awesome vegan recipe called 'The Pigs are Safe in the Barn', along with vegan fries and brownies! XD My mom helped me buy the ingredients for it, but she doesn't know what I'm making yet. :) I'm hoping that if I can show them that it can taste great, they will be more opened-minded. :)

Zarha, the groove bringer | 29 comments Awesome!!!

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 8 comments Yup! They all thought it was super yummy! I also made spicy fries, and brownies. They all ate it all, even my three year old brother! :)

Zarha, the groove bringer | 29 comments Cool, I love vegan brownies, they're soo chocolatey

message 42: by Matilde (new)

Matilde (machirude) i love dark chocolate too... never tried any vegan chocolate yet, but like i said it's hard to be vegetarian when you live in a small city and harder to be vegan...
when i was studying in the capital i was pretty much vegan cause i could find everything, but here... sucks!
congrats Jessica ^^ well, between vegetarian and vegan it's not a BIG difference in the way you eat just have to buy the good ingredients! the vegan cheese is pretty good ^^

Zarha, the groove bringer | 29 comments Eh, I don't know, I mean you're kind of right, but vegetarianism is being more widely accepted, so being a vegan is a little harder. I didn't really like vegan cheese, I thought it was way too wet, but then I forgot what normal cheese tastes like so it's all good :P I love vegan pizza though, my mom made it once, the cheese didn't melt so well but it was still great!

Emily ♥ monkeys | 48 comments cool....wait i thought u cant eat cheese?_? *confused...*

Zarha, the groove bringer | 29 comments It's vegan cheese

Emily ♥ monkeys | 48 comments oh wow...:o they even have that now?? wow....where do u buy it? ^_^

Zarha, the groove bringer | 29 comments There's a couple health food stores near us, I don't get it often, it's not as good as normal cheese. There's also some places online you can probably buy it, I've never looked though.

Emily ♥ monkeys | 48 comments oh okie...thanks :D

message 49: by Erin (new)

Erin | 5 comments I've went vegetarian in 6th grade and have been vegan for a little over a year. I'm new to the group, too. Hi.

« previous 1