Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Author Resource Round Table > Press Release for Your Book

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book Club (last edited May 30, 2012 08:04AM) (new)

Book Club Reading List (bookclubreadinglist) | 4 comments For a limited time, Book Club Reading List (BCRL) is offering a dirt cheap press release service. Here's what you get in the $35 Starter Package ...

- Website: Your book is added to BCRL's website and newsletter
- Newsletter: Our newsletter is distributed to book clubs around the U.S.
- Press Release: We announce your book's addition to news sites around the world
- SEO: Each press release contains targeted links pointing back to your book

Here's a great way to give your book some legs ... and for far less than the typical press release, which usually costs $150+

To get started, submit your book and follow the steps:
http://bookclubreading.com/author-res...

message 2: by D.L. (new)

D.L. (silversurfer1221) | 11 comments I am interested in this, but I have a few questions (if you don't mind): Can you tell me how many people visit your website (daily, monthly, etc)? How many people receive your newsletter (and how many open them ... many email services track this)?

I realize that $35 is not a lot of money, but I still don't want to just drop $35 on the sidewalk, either. :)

Thank you.

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane McGyver (dianelynnmcgyver) | 22 comments I visited the website and entered my data, but then I was asked how I could be reached: by phone, skype or in person.

Well, I'm not available by any of these methods. I don't understand why readers cannot simply contact me through email if they have a question or comment. If they want to purchase my book, they can visit Amazon.com (I assume a link would be advertised with the book). Why do readers need my phone number?

Like D., I don't think $35 is a lot to ask for, but I need more information.

message 4: by Book Club (last edited May 30, 2012 01:10PM) (new)

Book Club Reading List (bookclubreadinglist) | 4 comments .
Thanks for your questions

- Monthly unique traffic is 2,000 visitors*
- Book club list - 582 book clubs
- Tracking - none**
- Press release outlets - http://bookclubreading.com/press_rele...

* BCRL was founded in in Oct 11. The time from Oct '11 to Dec '11 was spent building it out. Beginning in Jan 2012 is when it began driving traffic and users. So, most of the traffic is new, demonstrating pretty good growth.
** I use a program called SmartSerial Mail to send it through my own server. I do not use MailChimp or similar services. As such, I do not have the ability to track. When I used those services, most email campaigns only resulted in an open rate of 15-20%.

When a book is added to BCRL, I also add the book's page to Facebook, Twitter, and StumbleUpon ... providing you with additional exposure.

message 5: by Book Club (last edited May 30, 2012 01:16PM) (new)

Book Club Reading List (bookclubreadinglist) | 4 comments Diane wrote: "I visited the website and entered my data, but then I was asked how I could be reached: by phone, skype or in person.

Well, I'm not available by any of these methods. I don't understand why reader..."

Hi Diane,

Book Club Reading List connects book clubs with authors who are making themselves available to book club meetings. The section you are referring to is asking how you can attend their meeting - phone, Skype, or in-person?

It's up to you. You could select one, all three, or state that you are not currently interested in attending meetings.