The Black Tower discussion

Hello

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ryan (last edited May 30, 2012 07:11AM) (new)

Ryan (mightymjolner) | 4 comments New guy here. Just wanted to say hi and how glad I am to see a group like this for WOT fans. I read the first 7 or 8 books a while back (like 15 years ago!) and kind of got left it behind from impatience of having to wait for each new book to come out. When Robert Jordan died I thought I was definitely finished with the series as I just couldn't see anyone else finishing it. Lately though I've been thinking about how much I loved the series and have just recently started re-reading it. Even after a few chapters I remembered what it was I loved about these books and my excitement has been rekindled. I'm going to take it slow and steady this time and try to enjoy the details. Anyway thanks again and I look forward to reading/posting from this group.

message 2: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 78 comments Hi! I am glad you have found your love of WoT again! I wasn't sure about somebody else taking over, but Sanderson is the best person for the job. He isn't Jordan, but he does a great job IMO.

message 3: by Ryan (new)

Ryan (mightymjolner) | 4 comments I truly hope he can finish strong. My twin brother and I have both ruminated over what might have been if RJ had lived. Unfortunately he (my bro) gave up on the series a few years ago and has said he won't be coming back. I think he's going to leave it to me to read through this mammoth sized series and just fill him in, lol.