Into the Forest discussion

Blood Red, Snow White
This topic is about Blood Red, Snow White
Previous Group Reads > Blood Red, Snow White - No Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Christine (chrisarrow) | 1388 comments Mod
A place to discuss the book without spoilers.

Anyone else beside me reading this? ( Actually I finished).

Nicola (technicola) I've reserved it at the library but there's a queue. Hopefully it won't take too long.

message 4: by Jalilah (new)

Jalilah | 4336 comments Mod
I just picked it up and will start it in about a week after I finish my other books. How did you like it Chris?

I enjoyed it. There aren't many fantasy elements later in the story, but it is very good.

message 6: by Jalilah (new)

I am enjoying it thus far although I do have a problem with the leading character. I just do not have much sympathy for parents who leave their children :(
However I like the way the story of the Russian Revolution is told in a fairy tale like way.

I'm not entirely sure we are suppose to like him.

message 8: by Jalilah (new)

Yes, now I agree. I did not realise until I was more than half way though that Arthur Ransome was an actual person!
I am familiar with many of the events in the Russian revolution but not at all with the extent in which the British government was involved.

What I liked is the way the Russian revolution was described in a fairy tale like way. I found the way the spy story was told to be confusing.

Overall I liked the book but did not love it.
I also do not know why the author chose to make it a YA novel. At first I thought it might be an interesting read for my 14 year old, but I don’t think he would appreciate it.

I was surprised it was YA. In fact, I had thought it was adult.