BOOK LOVERS! discussion

Writing Competitions > June/July Writing Competition - 2012

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties, Sometimes, a smile can hide a thousand tears. (last edited May 30, 2012 05:06AM) (new)

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (NotJustAnyOrdinaryGirl) | 2899 comments Mod
Yo everyone!

Okay, so I thought it would be nice to have a writing competition. This month, the winner will be winning a copy of Percy Jackson and the Lightning thief as well as bragging rights.

The theme for this month is: Love

This can include heartbreak, being in love, anything to do with love.

At the end of this month, there shall be a poll where members can vote for their favourite piece of writing.

So, start writing!
What have you got to lose?

message 2: by Sabrina, Sabuuu (new)

Sabrina (smilyface) | 256 comments Mod
So quick question. How will the book be sent to us? Well I mean to the person that wins.

message 3: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties, Sometimes, a smile can hide a thousand tears. (new)

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (NotJustAnyOrdinaryGirl) | 2899 comments Mod
I think that I'll just leave a PM via GR with a link to it.

message 4: by Sabrina, Sabuuu (new)

Sabrina (smilyface) | 256 comments Mod
A link to the book? Or a link on how to get the book?

message 5: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties, Sometimes, a smile can hide a thousand tears. (last edited Jun 02, 2012 03:16AM) (new)

A direct link to the book.

message 6: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties, Sometimes, a smile can hide a thousand tears. (last edited Jun 02, 2012 11:25PM) (new)

Maybe I'll start. I'm hoping that everyone is currently trying to find something to get the creative juices flowing.

I'll start. I've merely fished through my collection of poetry which can be found here: http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...

He is her downfall.
He is the cloud
On a fine day.
He is her doom
He is her enemy,
Her tormentor,
The bane of her existence.
He is the reason for her tears,
The reason for her smiles.
The reason for her misery.
He is her end.
He is her beloved.

She is his light
In a tunnel of darkness.
She is his angel,
His beloved queen.
She is his flower,
Slowly blooming into beauty.
She is his saviour,
From an endless existence.
The reason for his smiles,
The reason for his joy,
The reason for his life.
She is his beginning.
She is his only love.

Their love was forever doomed.
And yet,
They proved,
That love will forever exist,
Even in a world of darkness.
Their love was against the rules.
Nothing could hold back their love.
Their love proved that love,
Conquers all…

Okay, please, please, please enter a writing piece. We are currently accepting poetry and short stories BTW.

message 7: by Bron (new)

Bron | 2723 comments Does it have to be a full story? or a short story or part of a story???

message 8: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties, Sometimes, a smile can hide a thousand tears. (new)

It doesn't have to be a full story. It can be a short story or a part of a story you are currently writing. Either way is fine by me.

message 9: by Bron (new)

Bron | 2723 comments alright thank you :)

message 11: by Nacomy (new)

Nacomy Blue (nacomy_blue) | 1 comments A story for sacrificing for the ones we love, this is mine http://nacomyblue.blogspot.com/2011/1....

Enjoy!

message 12: by Ana (new)

Ana Here is mine, I know I wont win, but I just wanted people to comment and give their advice please:) I am only 12 and just started my writing so it not so good...

http://www.goodreads.com/story/list/1...

It has love,death and depression...

message 13: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties, Sometimes, a smile can hide a thousand tears. (new)

Wait Anna, is there a specific chapter that you want to enter into the comp or are you entering the entire thing?

message 14: by Lint (new)

Lint  (lilalintroller) | 837 comments I'm entering for fun. Enjoy (:

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3...

message 15: by Bron (new)

Bron | 2723 comments Dear Innocent who won?????

message 16: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties, Sometimes, a smile can hide a thousand tears. (new)

Ahem... We are currently holding a poll for all of the entries. The members of this group shall be offered a chance to choose the winner. The poll can be found here: http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/69...

message 17: by Bron (new)

Bron | 2723 comments awesome