UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Book Recommendations > Being Human The Books!

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patti (baconater) (last edited May 30, 2012 04:30AM) (new)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Several members have said theyve not watched Being Human yet but are planning to.
PLEASE dont post any spoilers!

As some of you know, I've become a tad Being Human obsessed.

Well Darren just pointed out that there are books for kindle available!

Four of them! No idea which order they should be read in. I'd have to look into it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Being-Human-T...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Being-Human-C...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Being-Human-B...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Being-Human-e...

Then there's the DVDs, of course

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Being-Human-C...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Being-Human-S...

message 2: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18539 comments NO WAY!

Do you read them first or watch it first, does it not matter?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I really don't know, Jud.

I assume the books came after the show.

I'd watch the show first, I think. Actually, I have!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I deleted your post Eastwood. No spoilers!!! :)

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments i cant see how that was spoiling patti !

message 6: by Darren (new)

Darren Humphries (darrenhf) | 6980 comments Jud (Disney Diva) wrote: "NO WAY!

YES WAY!

I would imagine they are novelisations or stories written that fit in with the show after the fact.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments eastwood (go ahead make my day) wrote: "i cant see how that was spoiling patti !"

If I would have known that before I watched the episode last night, it wouldn't have had as much impact, darling. :)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Darren wrote: "Jud (Disney Diva) wrote: "NO WAY!

YES WAY!

I would imagine they are novelisations or stories written that fit in with the show after the fact."

I expect so. Like all the Star Trek and Star Wars books that are out.

message 9: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1791 comments Looks like they're written by the usual suspects, the Doctor Who fan writer network gets everywhere ;)

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments yes but if you had mentioned it in your opening post i wouldn't have posted it, this is general chat anything goes section.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Andrew wrote: "Looks like they're written by the usual suspects, the Doctor Who fan writer network gets everywhere ;)"

Are you familiar with their work, Andy?

Do you think they'd be worth reading?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments eastwood (go ahead make my day) wrote: "yes but if you had mentioned it in your opening post i wouldn't have posted it, this is general chat anything goes section."

Never mind Eastwood. :)

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (vanessaakadumbo) | 8703 comments Oooh, I love Mitchell and have got a soft spot for him, well a warm, wet, soft spot actually. Oops sorry - TMI.I have put them on my wishlist.
;0)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Vanessa wrote: "Oooh, I love Mitchell and have got a soft spot for him, well a warm, wet, soft spot actually. Oops sorry - TMI.I have put them on my wishlist.
;0)"

Completely agree!!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments eastwood (go ahead make my day) wrote: "yes but if you had mentioned it in your opening post i wouldn't have posted it, this is general chat anything goes section."

Edited my first post. :)

message 16: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1791 comments Patti (Stir Crazy) wrote:

"Are you familiar with their work, Andy?

Do you think they'd be worth reading?"

Familiar? At least one of them owes me a pint! Yeah, they're all professional writers with several novels and non-fiction books under their belt. If I was into Being Human I wouldn't hesitate to give them a go.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Oh wow! Thanks for that Andy!

Nothing better than a personal reccie.

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9086 comments I didn't know that there is an American/Canadian made version of the series. Anyone know if it's any good? Apparently the Mitchell character is called Aiden.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Is there? Never heard of that!

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9086 comments Would do a link but I don't know where this wee tablet copies text to! Haven't found it yet...

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I'll have to ask my sister if she's watched it.

message 23: by Darren (new)

Darren Humphries (darrenhf) | 6980 comments The US version of BEING HUMAN has yet to make it to UK screens, possibly because of fears that it will use storylines set up for the UK show. Considering that UK shows don't tend to remake well in the US (LIFE ON MARS anyone? No? I didn't think so.)I wasn't overkeen on the idea, but SFX magazine is pretty upbeat about the episodes that they have seen.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Shame it's set in Boston.

Would have been neat if it was set in Canada.

Oh, by the way, so cool season three being set in Barry!

Our block of flats show in a few shots. The house is on the street over the road from the train station. Walk it all the time.

I was having fantasies about meeting Mitchell on the street...

message 25: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Um.... So I started watching what I downloaded as 'Being Human' and is the American version!!! Didn't know there were 2 either!!! Shoot. I am most of the way though the first episode. Not sure whether to continue (as I have the while first series downloaded) or hunt for the UK one.
Have to say, i am really enjoying it and is very funny so kinda want to continue but also want to watch the ones you guys we talking about!!!
I know....... I will carry on and will order the DVD's of the UK one as they are not available on my normal download website.
Or should I, am in such a quandary (?sp)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Up to you, of course.

If it was me I'd watch the UK one first. :)

message 27: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Ok. So am doing that instead :-) UK one it is!!

message 28: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments The American version in my opinion is truly rubbish

*goes back to studying*

message 29: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments And yes, I didn't realise how much of a small niche authors that write for TV are :S!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Check the freebie thread Peanut.

There's a book in there you might like.

message 31: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Ooo, will do :)

message 32: by Maureen (Mews) (new)

Maureen (Mews) (Mews) | 719 comments I only found out about the US version last week when I was trying to look for the UK pilot episode on youtube.

Emma, the UK verson is currently being shown on the Watch channel on Sky on a Wednesday night. It's only up to episode 3 of the first series (being shown tonight). You could try to find the first couple of episodes then watch the rest on Sky. (That is of course providing you have Sky. I only have freeview but I get my mum to sky+ it for me).

message 33: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Maureen (Mews) wrote: "I only found out about the US version last week when I was trying to look for the UK pilot episode on youtube.

Emma, the UK verson is currently being shown on the Watch channel on Sky on a Wednesd..."

Maureen! 'I love you' :-) I have ordered the first series on iTunes and will download on to my laptop tomorrow when I am at Mums with her fast broadband and then watch on from then on Watch.... yay for Sky :-)

message 34: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Titles Order
Being Human: The Road by Simon Guerrier 1
Being Human: Chasers by Mark Michalowski 2
Being Human: Bad Blood (Being Human Novels) by James Goss 3

I went and found the order!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Louise-Lesley (Elle) wrote: "Titles Order
Being Human: The Road by Simon Guerrier 1
Being Human: Chasers by Mark Michalowski 2
Being Human: Bad Blood (Being Human Novels) by James Goss 3

I went and found the order!"

Nice one!

There's four!

message 36: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments That fourth 'Being Human' book doesn't seem to be part of a series so I'm guessing it can be read alone at any time :O

message 37: by Patti (baconater) (last edited Jun 01, 2012 04:29AM) (new)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I'd really like a mind wipe so I could watch the series again for the first time.

Darren, can I borrow a brain drainer, please?

message 38: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments That would be brilliant.

There isn't many shows I'd love to do that with but definitely Being Human is one of them!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments No, most shows it's not necessary. I forget them anyway.

I'm still not ready to start season four.

message 40: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments It hurts me that one day it will end!

message 41: by Emma (last edited Jun 02, 2012 04:48AM) (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Lol! Should I be smug that I am watching it for the first time? Am half way through series 1. I am in love with Mitchell and wanna take George home and look after him! (well except at full moon, think he can prob look after himself then!!)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I'm in lust with Mitchell.

message 43: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Ha yeah, that too :-)