UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Meet the Authors > Dylan J Morgan

Comments Showing 1-50 of 129 (129 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dylanjmorgan) "with its exotic locales, tight action scenes, and large cast of bad-ass immortals, Blood War is a well-written, highly entertaining action movie of a novel."
-- Shroud Magazine Book Review

BLOOD WAR Do you believe in monsters . . ?

Werewolves—savage and brutal. Isaac controls the pack and lords over the lycanthropic horde with an iron fist. Vampires—ruthless and deadly. Elder Markus governs the regal, fanged brethren of a centuries-old coven.

For almost six hundred years, the immortal clans have been sworn blood enemies, locked in vicious conflict within the darkness of the mortal world. But a new threat has arisen, one with the potential to eradicate both species from existence: hybrids, offspring of forbidden unions between werewolf and vampire.

Harboring hidden agendas and unforgiveable secrets, will the pure-blooded races be able to unite together to fight their crossbred opponents? Or will bloodlust and history prevent a truce between the vampires and werewolves, allowing their illegitimate children to overpower them to become the most dominant creatures on Earth?

Amazon UK Kindle Edition: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blood-War-ebo...

"A dark, compelling page turner, Dylan J Morgan’s Blood War will leave you begging for more."
-- Shaun Jeffrey, author of The Kult and Deadfall

"Fast-paced and frightening, provocative and compelling, this will stay with you long after you’ve finished reading."
-- Steven E. Wedel; author of Murdered by Human Wolves, and Shara

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11...

BLOODLINES -- an addendum to the novel Blood War can be downloaded for free, here: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

About the Author:
Now living and working in Norway, Dylan J Morgan was born in New Zealand and raised in the United Kingdom. He writes during those rare quiet moments amid a hectic family life: after dark, with limited sustenance, and when his creative essence is plagued the most by tormented visions.

-----------------

Hi Everyone.

Well, the information is above. I hope this pique's someone's interest. Thanks in advance to anybody who reads the sample available on the Kindle Store website. Anything else and we're in bonus territory then. I hope you enjoy the read.

I am the author of Hosts, Blood War, and the novella October Rain, in addition to more than a dozen short stories in various anthologies in many different venues. Watch out for updates of two exciting re-releases in the near future.

I'd like to keep this thread open, honest and friendly, and I look forward to getting to know as many authors/readers as I can.

Cheers,
Dylan.

message 2: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Hey Dylan, thread will remain open, honest and friendly indeed... or we might decide to have a party... and then... well I'll keep schtum about it :)

message 3: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (shaunjeffrey) | 2467 comments Hi Dylan. Hope the writing's going well :)

message 4: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dylanjmorgan) Hey Lorraine, a party sounds fine. Invite who you want.

Cheers Shaun. Writing's going well thanks. Nearly 30k into a new novel. Keeping disciplined with this nice Norwegian weather is the hard part.

message 5: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments You can do the honours Dylan :) But first, really, you need to introduce yourself here http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/8...

Then whenever you're ready, just let us know and we'll come over here to have some fun :) And you'll attract more people if you mention the chocolate fountain, although this is at your own peril :)

message 6: by Lorraine (last edited May 30, 2012 01:15PM) (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Oh WOW just seen the cover of Hosts... looks like a book that I must read !

message 7: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dylanjmorgan) Cheers Lorraine! I've followed your advice, but like an idiot I forgot to mention the party. I'm hoping word will spread. Also, thanks for the interest in Hosts . . . you should know more about that by now. ;)

message 8: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments I do, thank you Dylan. Right, will try and gather the troups so we can do some serious curtain burning...ahem... partying ! Tuzki Bunny Emoticon

message 9: by Patti (baconater) (last edited May 31, 2012 03:48PM) (new)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Lorraine!

Don't frighten poor Dylan!

Your curtains are perfectly safe, Dylan. We've not had a curtain incident in months.

Erm. Days. Okay hours, but no flames, just a bit of a champagne soaking. The stains barely show.

message 10: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dylanjmorgan) Curtain burning is fine, Patti. I'll just give everybody the address of someone else down the street. ;)

message 11: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Patti, I'm totally innocent, I only wreck the sofas by jumping on them. That above was just a slip of the tongue, didn't mean to frighten Dylan !

message 12: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dylanjmorgan) It takes a lot to scare me. Rampaging women have no effect. ;P

message 13: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Shall we get the amputation kit out Patti?

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Lorraine - Lover of Jellybeans wrote: "Shall we get the amputation kit out Patti?"

Or get GL to take him to her dungeon!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Ill get the whips ready. Now where did i put those handcuffs?

message 16: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Plenty of choice now lol ! What is it going to be?

message 17: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dylanjmorgan) Dungeons . . . whips . . . handcuffs . . . now we're talking friendly! I like it. :)

message 18: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments You have no idea! Hehehe (to be read as evil laugh)

message 19: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dylanjmorgan) Time for a quick update.

This hasn't been advertised anywhere else as yet, but my novella October Rain has been accepted for publication by Hazardous Press as a reprint e-book. I have no further deatils of when it'll be available but will update this thread as soon as I know.

The novella was originally published in 2009 by Sonar4 Publications, and thereafter by me over on Smashwords, and so this will be a third lease of life for one of my most favorite creations.

October Rain
Mankind teeters on the brink of extinction in a solar system choking under the glare of a dying sun. An assassin for the Martian Interstellar Correction Agency, Steele has one more assignment to complete before a big payoff and the chance of a new life: a job that will reveal the true horrors of mankind’s futile existence and threaten the very people who make his life worth living.

"October Rain starts with a very vivid scene of blood and destruction and ends in such a twist of events that leaves the reader wanting more."
-- Nanci Arvizu – Page Readers Webcast.

"Morgan wastes no time pulling us through scenes with a sense of danger and excitement."
-- John “JAM” Arthur Miller – Liquid Imagination.

message 20: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (shaunjeffrey) | 2467 comments Three is a magic number. Hope it goes well for you, Dylan :)

message 21: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dylanjmorgan) Cheers Shaun.

message 22: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Congrats Dylan :-)

message 23: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dylanjmorgan) Emma (Emz) wrote: "Congrats Dylan :-)"

Thanks Emma.

Have just been going back and forth with the publisher with regards to the cover; I'm waiting for another version to be sent back to me. The editing is done and the book WILL BE available on Kindle so that's great news.

No release date yet.

message 24: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dylanjmorgan) Just started a non-Goodreads blog. http://quotesfromthecrypt.blogspot.no/

If anyone wants to subscribe then feel free, it'll be appreciated very much, and I'll even subscribe to yours in return.

message 25: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (shaunjeffrey) | 2467 comments You need to put subscription links on the site somewhere...

message 26: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dylanjmorgan) Shaun wrote: "You need to put subscription links on the site somewhere..."

Really? Thanks for the heads-up. Not sure how to do that, I'll have to check that out.

message 27: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dylanjmorgan) Hosts, my debut novel from 2008, is finally available on Amazon Kindle at a permanently reduced price.

On a Canadian mountainside above the ski resort of Snow Peak, archaeologists have made a fantastic discovery: a First Nation family frozen in ice, superbly preserved. The man is exhumed for examination, but what resides within his mummified body is something science has never seen before.

The experts called in to control the situation have their own ulterior motives, and Sheriff Richard Wade and Doctor Lauren Kemper are about to be the only lifeline for a town plunged into a nightmare.

Snow Peak is isolated, cut-off by the worse snowstorm in living memory. Hampered by the elements and the greed of outside influence, Sheriff Wade and Doctor Kemper are forced to face a new species, mutated, hungry and deadly, in a race against time to save their town.

HOSTS by Dylan J. Morgan

“ruthless . . . unequivocally gruesome . . . subtly gross”
Choate Road.

“detailed characters . . . descriptive prose . . . a thrilling read”
Shaun Jeffrey; author of The Kult and Deadfall.

The novel can be purchased at Amazon.co.uk for the low price of just £0.77.

It can also be purchased on Amazon.com for $0.99.

For more information on all my titles available at Amazon check out my author page at www.amazon.com/author/dylanjmorgan.

Spread the word. Give me feedback.

message 28: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Been waiting for this one ! Off to get it now. Might be a little while before I read it, but I definitely will !

message 29: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dylanjmorgan) Cheers, Lorraine. I appreciate you getting it, hope you enjoy it when you do get around to it.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Dylan! I've sin binned your new release thread. :(

Please do fix it. I really dislike sin binning. Hurts my soul.

message 31: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dylanjmorgan) Patti (Stir Crazy) wrote: "Dylan! I've sin binned your new release thread. :(

Please do fix it. I really dislike sin binning. Hurts my soul."

Seen it and got on to it straight away. Guidelines huh . . . being a writer you'd think I'd read them.

Sorry.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments No worries, it's sorted now.

You'd be surprised how many new release threads I've had to sin bin...

message 33: by Dylan (last edited Jun 16, 2012 06:01AM) (new)

Dylan (dylanjmorgan) Free today, and everyday for the rest of your life!

BLOODLINES

A war has raged for the better part of six hundred years: werewolves, vampires and hybrids, locked in brutal conflict within the darkness of the mortal world. A covert mission to Normandy’s beaches; a secretive agenda during the Russian Revolution; a callous hunt through the Parisian streets. Three immortal races . . . three bloodlines . . . three reasons to keep you awake at night.

An addendum to the novel Blood War and containing a Foreword by former Graveside Tales Chief Editor Myrrym Davies, Bloodlines is a bold step into the horrific, bloodthirsty world of supernatural immortals.

Do you believe in monsters?

Bloodlines (addendum to Blood War) by Dylan J. Morgan

Download available in all versions, including Kindle, for free at Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

Download as a free ebook from Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

message 34: by Pat () (new)

Pat ()  | 29 comments kindle download not working for me (at smashwords for your info)

message 35: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dylanjmorgan) Pat (Scorpio) wrote: "kindle download not working for me (at smashwords for your info)"

Thanks for letting me know. I've just tried it and it downloaded fine for me. I could always email you the file if you want. Send me a PM with an email address and I'll send it straight over. :)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Ooo me too please Dylan???

I find smashwords such a faff. :(

message 37: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dylanjmorgan) Sure thing, Patti. Just let me know where to send it.

In fact, if anyone else is having problems with smashwords, then send me a message here with a reliable email address and I'll forward on the Kindle file asap.

:)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Oh Dylan, you're a sweetheart! Thank you!

You should mention your offer in the freebie thread for a few days too, Dylan. If you wish, of course. Just so everyone sees it.

message 39: by Pat () (new)

Pat ()  | 29 comments Dylan J. wrote: "Pat (Scorpio) wrote: "kindle download not working for me (at smashwords for your info)"

Thanks for letting me know. I've just tried it and it downloaded fine for me. I could always email you the ..."

Tried to PM you but can't It won't post.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I've sent a friend request.

message 41: by Pat () (new)

Pat ()  | 29 comments Dylan your 'not accepting messages' so I've sent a friend request also.

message 42: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Finished Hosts this morning and I am letting you know you owe me three hours sleep.I couldn't stop reading till I found out what happened. I was even wary of visiting the toilet in the night, leaving the door open in case a quick exit was required. Lol.Loved it.

message 43: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dylanjmorgan) Patti and Pat. Friend requests accepted, so I'll be in touch.

Sarah: thanks so much for reading the novel and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Sorry for the lost sleep. You might have to dig a hole out in the garden now. ;)

message 44: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dylanjmorgan) Pat (Scorpio) wrote: "Dylan your 'not accepting messages' so I've sent a friend request also."

Thanks for letting me know. I've changed my settings. If anyone wants to message me about Bloodlines because they're having trouble getting it from Smashwords, then just drop me a line, no friend request necessary.

message 45: by Pat () (new)

Pat ()  | 29 comments Your welcome, Thanks for Bloodlines.

message 46: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dylanjmorgan) M.R. Gott, author of Where The Dead Fear to Tread, has interviewed me over on his blog. Read the interview here:

http://wherethedeadfeartotread.blogsp...

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Philip (sarah) wrote: "Finished Hosts this morning and I am letting you know you owe me three hours sleep.I couldn't stop reading till I found out what happened. I was even wary of visiting the toilet in the night, leavi..."

Ooooweeeoooooo!

I'm gonna love it, aren't I Sarah?!?!

message 48: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Yes you are Patti,just remember to visit the loo before you start!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Philip (sarah) wrote: "Yes you are Patti,just remember to visit the loo before you start!"

Now that is what I call a recommendation!

message 50: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Lol, I've always been told that having a wee is really helpful when you've had your life frightened out of you.

« previous 1 3