Books + Movies + Tv Shows = Awesome!!! discussion

The books, movies and TV group > Favorite Fantasy Films

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Luna (new)

Luna (lunaraven) | 18 comments As a genre, I feel as though fantasy books suceed where many science fiction books fail whereas as science fiction films suceed where many fantasy films fail. Still, aside from the many really terrible fantasy films there are some great gems, half of which are animated. So what are my fellow fantasy fantatics' favorite films? In no particular order mine are:

-The Wizard of Oz
-The Lord of the Rings trilogy(my favorite of which is probably Fellowship. As a longtime fan of the Hobbit I had always wanted to see both the Shire and Bilbo done properly and Fellowship suceeded on both accounts)
-Labyrinth(David Bowie is the only man who can wear a mullet and look that good)
-Willow
-Neverending Story
-Dragonheart
-Pan's Labyrinth
-The Harry Potter adaptations(my favorite of which is Order of the Phoenix).
-Peter Pan(the live action version with Jason Isaacs)
-Stardust
-The Nightmare Before Christmas
-Bigfish
-The Princess Bride
-The Last Unicorn
-Beauty and the Beast
-The Cat Returns
-Highlander(There can be only one!)

I'm sure there are many i've forgotten--especially animated films.

message 2: by L (new)

L My list of favourite films (fantasy):
* The Lord of the Rings trilogy - increadible! Soon i shall be adding 'the hobbit' to this list as well.
*Harry Potter series - i love them all and could not choose only one of the eight films, as they are all so increadible!
* Stardust
*The Neverending Story - loved this so much as a child & which sparked a facination for books, reading and everything 'fantasy'
* Eragon
*Clash of the titans
* The mummy films (i love a good battle scene and lots of action, plus i am still a big kid at heart!)
* Inkheart
* King Arthur
* Dragonheart
*Alice in Wonderland
I could continue, but this is all that i can think of for now...
Xx :)

message 3: by L (new)

L Oooh!
*X-Men (love these films so much!)
*Twilight (seen film 1 & really enjoyed it)

message 4: by Luna (new)

Luna (lunaraven) | 18 comments Lucinda wrote: "My list of favourite films (fantasy):
* The Lord of the Rings trilogy - increadible! Soon i shall be adding 'the hobbit' to this list as well.
*Harry Potter series - i love them all and could not c..."

Have you read the Inkheart books? If not I encourage you to do so. They are far superior to the film which was lacking in many respects.

message 5: by L (new)

L Not yet, but i will do! I have wanted to for a long time now & my list of books that i really would like to read just gets longer and longer...

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic) (bookboundbecky) The Last Unicorn....*sigh* I love that film, and The Princess Bride, and the David Bowie one <3 Basically just all the ones you listed at the top I love!! :)

message 7: by L (new)

L :) Xx

message 8: by Becky (new)

Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic) (bookboundbecky) Haha, ha speaking of the labyrinth, check this out: http://icanhas.cheezburger.com/lolcat...

The cat at the bottom of the page. I would put the picture but I don't know how to....

message 9: by L (new)

L Brilliant, thank you!! x