*~Can't Stop Reading~* discussion

Series Discussion > The Wheel of Time

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonathan, A dream within a dream (last edited May 30, 2012 12:28AM) (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) | 387 comments Mod
A long series which I got into two years ago and I never looked back on that decision with regret. Some people love it. Some people hate it. You can have your say here.

message 2: by Bev (new)

Bev (greenginger) | 296 comments Brilliant series. Cant wait for the final book.

message 3: by Jonathan, A dream within a dream (new)

Me either, I'm thinking I may do a re-read if I can find time. I got a friend who loves fantasy hooked onto these and now he's racing through them the same as I did. I also stumbled on a New Spring graphic novel which looks absolutely incredible.

message 4: by Bev (new)

Bev (greenginger) | 296 comments I had a re read earlier this year hence I cant wait for the finale. Hope its a good one.

message 5: by Jonathan, A dream within a dream (new)

I hope it is too. I've read a few disappointing finales and this deserves the best possible.

message 6: by Bev (new)

Bev (greenginger) | 296 comments Yep it does its been a long time coming. I hope it answers all my questions. :)

message 7: by Jonathan, A dream within a dream (new)

I hope to find out whether the dark one is going to be destroyed or merely bound again and if in that case this becomes like a cycle where the ages happen over again and again with the dark one trying to break free and being stopped yet again.

message 8: by Bev (new)

Bev (greenginger) | 296 comments Yes if thats the case I will be disappointed.

message 9: by Jonathan, A dream within a dream (new)

Same here. What kind of questions do you wish to see answered? I've heard a few discussions on tricky questions.

message 10: by Bev (new)

Bev (greenginger) | 296 comments Have they really cleansed the male part of the source?
Whats going to happen to the black tower? Will the aes sedai and the black tower pull together? etc etc How about you?

message 11: by Jonathan, A dream within a dream (new)

Ah yeah I definitely want to know about the black tower. That's one of my favourite things now is the two towers. And I want to know what is with the crystal sword truly. Also what is happening with Rand being linked to the leader of the forsaken (I forget names hence I need a re-read).

message 12: by Bev (new)

Bev (greenginger) | 296 comments Yeah I know what you mean, my brain is like a sieve. I cant recall names at all. Shocking really Fred!

message 13: by Jonathan, A dream within a dream (new)

Hahaha very clever. It is such a large and yet fun world Jordan created in his books. I don't really enjoy the new style of gritty, dark fantasy I prefer the fun and flighty type with that darkness in the background still. Or if there is darkness there needs to be overpowering light like in this series.

message 14: by Bev (new)

Bev (greenginger) | 296 comments Ys I know what you mean. The real world is dark enough I dont want it in fantasy too.

message 15: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin (rr33) | 20 comments I'm really enjoying this series. I'm right now on book 4 but it getting really good. I wish I knew about this series a couple of years ago.