NaNoWriMo discussion

2012 Camp Novels > In Blood And Bond

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ayantiel (new)

Ayantiel | 25 comments A crossover fanfiction between Sherlock and FortySomething (can be read without having seen either shows, though I would recommend both of them!)

Summary: When people start disappearing from the local homeless shelter, Rory gets suspicious. However he cannot seem to convince anyone else that something is horribly wrong. His boss doesn’t believe him and the police won’t listen either. He eventually turns to the world’s only consulting detective for help, but will Sherlock stick with the case when no bodies turn up and the only source of worry is an autistic schizophrenic lad under Rory’s care?

I have plans to focus on the friendship between Holmes and Watson and also the peculiar bond between Rory and Peter, the autistic schizophrenic. There's also issues with brothers to deal with as neither Rory nor Sherlock have a particularly good relationship with their siblings.

message 2: by Cami (new)

Cami (camikittr) Sounds spectacular!

message 3: by Ayantiel (new)

Ayantiel | 25 comments Sugarbug wrote: "Sounds spectacular!"

Thanks, I hope it will turn out to be!

message 4: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) | 140 comments Mod
I know, I love Sherlock Holmes!!

message 5: by Ayantiel (new)

Ayantiel | 25 comments Shayla wrote: "I know, I love Sherlock Holmes!!"

Wahey, another Sherlockian! ^_^

message 6: by Eve (new)

Eve (emusings) Did someone say SHERLOCK?
The idea's super! It sounds a lot like a Doctor Who episode too, I think :)
I hope you'll put it up when you're done. I'd love to read it.

message 7: by Ayantiel (new)

Ayantiel | 25 comments Eve wrote: "Did someone say SHERLOCK?
The idea's super! It sounds a lot like a Doctor Who episode too, I think :)
I hope you'll put it up when you're done. I'd love to read it."

A Sherlockian AND Whovian? This is getting better and better! ^_^
And yes, I will post it online when it's finished, I'll drop a link to it here then ;)

message 8: by Eve (new)

Eve (emusings) Awesome! I can't wait ; )

message 9: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (applesticker) | 9 comments Awesome I love Sherlock!! Never seen FortySomthing, might have to check that out! Is it British too?

I'm escited to read your version of Sherlock - I always think characters liks that would be so hard to write, as they know everyting, but I'm sure yours will be awesome! :)

message 10: by Ayantiel (new)

Ayantiel | 25 comments Hayley wrote: "Awesome I love Sherlock!! Never seen FortySomthing, might have to check that out! Is it British too?

I'm escited to read your version of Sherlock - I always think characters liks that would be so ..."

Yup, also British. I think the 6 episodes can be found on youtube. Hugh Laurie and Benedict Cumberbatch have major roles in it ;) Oh and there's a cameo appearance of Stephen Fry! ^_^
Also, thanks for the vote of confidence :)

message 11: by Ayantiel (new)

Ayantiel | 25 comments So far I'm doing good, the wordcount is 6811 and rising steadily :)
Rory has finally met Sherlock. Rory is not feeling particularly eloquent today it seems and Sherlock is being a dick, but what else is new, haha.

message 12: by Ayantiel (new)

Ayantiel | 25 comments I'm still up to speed, though writing has been rather difficult the past days. It seems my Muse has left me *pouts*

Either way, I wanted to share a bit of teaser. Sherlock deducing the hell out of Rory. Do enjoy!

"I recently moved out of my parents' home to an apartment close-by and started working at a local homeless shelter." He said, but was interrupted again by Sherlock.

"Obviously" the man said.

"Obviously..." Rory repeated incredulously.

"Yes. There is a subtle odor of alcohol about you. But not your breath, just your clothes. You don’t drink yourself then, or at least not excessively. That suggest you spend a lot of time around people who do. Could be a bar, but style of clothing suggest otherwise. Also you’re the eldest child of three as suggested by your phrase of ‘my youngest brother’. You could have just said ‘younger brother’, but you automatically adapt to people who would assume only one brother out of that and avoid confusion. So, more than one sibling and most families have no more than three children. Simple. Caring for people is second nature to you as is shown by your initial worry for the people missing, so you’re the oldest then and have cared for your younger siblings since they were born. Naturally you’d search out a job in which your natural abilities are exploited; thus homeless shelter." Sherlock said quickly, counting of the deductions on his hand.