Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

Monthly Reads > Black Bird Reviews

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Here is where you can post your reviews for Black Bird. Please leave spoilers out or mark them as spoilers. If you don't know how to mark spoilers, click the (some html is okay) button above the text box when posting. It'll explain it.

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 02, 2012 10:26PM) (new)

Title: Black Bird
Author: Kanoko Sakurakoji
Rating: 4 stars

Black Bird was an interesting manga. I still don’t really know what to think of it. I thought the concept was really interesting, but I didn’t care for the over emphasis on Kyo licking her wounds, particularly in inappropriate places. However, I like the idea of Misao being hunted by demons. I don’t think it was ever explained why she could see demons, was it? That does bother me. I hope the other volumes will explain it. It’s also hard to tell it Kyo really loves Misao. One minute it seems like it, and then he seems more interested in just marrying her because it will make him prosperous. I will have to read the other volumes to find out where the series is going.

message 3: by Cindy III (new)

Cindy III | 192 comments I liked this first volume. I don't feel that I have gotten to know the characters yet. The plot is okay and anything can happen in the next volume. For now, the main characters Misao and Kyo are introduced and there are some complications to overcome with each other and others. I am curious enough to pick up the next book to see how they interact and handle problems that come their way.

message 4: by Hannah (last edited Jul 20, 2012 11:58PM) (new)

Hannah (faize) | 194 comments Okay, I know I'm a month or so late in reading this. But I was at the bookstore and saw it, so I just read the whole thing right then and there ^_^ Anyway, this one was so-so for me. None of the characters were particularly likable, and Kyo just seemed like he was using Misao. The book isn't rushed, which I liked, but not a whole lot about it really striked me. I'd give it two stars. But I will keep reading the series in the hopes that it will get better, because I'm not one to give up too easily:P