Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent question

What makes the book special?
Jawe Querimit Jawe May 29, 2012 10:32PM
some people love it, some do not. if you think there's something special with the book, tell us why...:)

I would love to know too. I found the book a wreck.

I really just loved this book. After reading the Hunger Games trilogy, I really wanted to get into some more Dystopian novels and I happened to stumble upon this one. The idea of the world being split into these 'factions' is borrowed but the way the factions are themselves was something I found completely refreshing. Each is based on a personality characteristic...doesn't that sound just a little weird? But it's amazing how normal it fits into the society and can be relative to daily life. Tris's character also is interesting. The fact that she is so small and yet so willfully strong is admirable. Her romance with 'Four' is not over the top like other books make romance to be, but it's definitely there and a good pairing with the plot. All these reasons combined made me love the book, but that's just me.

Espoir Pointing out Tris's relationship with Four... not over the top? Are you kidding me? OMG HIZ TOUCH SO ELEKTRIK, I LUKED AT HIS MUZLES WHEN HE RAIZED HI ...more
Jun 02, 2012 01:59AM · flag