This Group is Secret, SHHHH! discussion

Contests > Humor!!!

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 1461 comments Okay, so I was thinking we should do something new. So write a story that is funny! I have to try to do this, since I've never done this before. It can be any genre you want as long as you can tell it's supposed to make you laugh.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

got it! ill suspend your mod title an extra month, since i was not on for a while and didn't change the mods.

message 3: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 1461 comments That's okay. And if that's okay, I'll decide who wins?

message 4: by Jade♪☠, You're pretty. Can I have some of your hair? (new)

Jade♪☠ | 1134 comments Mod
Let's chalk up the math of how I got this little story. As some of know, June 2nd, 2012 at 11:00 was the start of the biggest event that has ever happened to a group of people. This event was new Legend of Korra episode, titled When Extremes Meet. At precisely 11:30, everyone who was watching it spontaneously exploded with fangirly feels, myself especially. Then I get on my computer and see this contest for a humorous story of any genre. ANY GENRE. I knew what i had to do. Without further ado, I present you my entry.

Counting Trees (Note: this is before Korra came.)

"What was Grandpa Aang like? Was he really funny? Or was he all serious like you, daddy? Did he love Gran-Gran a lot? did Gran- Gran love him a lot too? When did he get his tattoos? When will I get mine?" Ikki asked her father.
"Ikki, sweetie, I would love to answer all these questions but I'm really busy at the moment. Can you please leave me alone for a while?"Tenzin said to his very talkative child.
"But there's no one else to talk to!"Ikki pouted,"Mommy's talking a nap, Jinora's reading, and Meelo is off doing something. Some boy thing, probably. The Air Acolytes are boring and there's no one else on this island!"
"Why don't you read a book or listen to the radio?"Tenzin said as he rubbed his temples.
"I've read all the good books and it's no fun listening to the radio by yourself. Please can i talk to you?"she asked with pleading eyes.
Tenzin starred at his daughter and sighed. He would love to spend time with her but he really was busy. There was the council, the bending gangs, and the Equalists that he had to deal with. Not to mention Avatar Korra was bound to master firebending any day now. he just wanted to be alone so he could think about what to do. an idea popped into his head. "Say Ikki, can you do me a favor?"
her eyes lit up. "What kind a favor? Is it an important favor? Or is it a teensy weensy favor?"
"I need you to count all the trees on the island for me. i need to know how many there are. it's very important."Tenzin replied.
Ikki raised he eyebrow. "Count all the trees? That seems silly. why would anyone need to know how many trees are on Air Temple Island?"
Tenzin racked his brains for an answer."It may seem silly but it is important but what if someone was on a tour, and um, wanted to know how many trees there are on the island?"
Ikki looked skeptical but then said "Okay!" and ran out to count the trees. Tenzin sighed in relief.
Ikki ran out into the open air and went to the nearest tree and started counting. "One."She went over to the next. "Two." She went over to the next tree. "Three."
"5,603." Ikki smiled. she had finished with all of the trees an the east half of the island. She started to run over to count the ones on the west side. As she was running, Jinora spotted her. "Hey Ikki!"Jinora called to her little sister,"I'm done reading if you want to play!" "Can't play now!"Ikki said to her as she ran past,"Gotta count trees for daddy!" Jinora stood there, a little bit surprised then sighed,"Sometimes I think I'm the only sane one of my siblings."
"10,522."Ikki went to next tree but she heard someone in the leaves, saying,"Be the leaf." she looked up into the branches and saw Meelo, pretending to be a leaf. "You are so weird." Ikki said to her little brother. "10,523." She went to the next tree. "I'm not weird!,"Meelo yelled at her,"I'm Meelo!"
"10,552!" Ikki sighed with relief. She had finally counted all the trees on Air Temple Island! She ran to find her daddy. "Oh, there you are Ikki."Pema said as she spotted her child running past her,"Come in, it's time for dinner." Ikki followed her mother, deciding to tell her father how many trees there were.
Once the family sat down at the table and started to eat, Ikki turned to her father and said,"I counted all the trees, daddy! Just like you asked me to!" Pema stifled a laugh."You asked her to count the trees?" Tenzin nodded, surprised that ikki had counted them all and whispered to his wife,"To get her to stop pestering me with all her questions." He turned to Ikki. "So, how many are there?" "There are 10,552 trees on Air Temple Island."Ikki said proudly. "Did you really count all the trees?"Meelo asked her. "Of course I did." ikki replied, indignantly. "And you think I'm weird."Meelo said . The whole family couldn't help but laugh.

message 5: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 1461 comments ((That's very cute! ^_^ I haven't watch much of Legend of Korra recently, so I should get that started. I need to think of something to write about... Hmm...))

message 6: by Jade♪☠, You're pretty. Can I have some of your hair? (new)

((Oh my spirits, you need to catch up on it. This one episode basically caused the entire fandom to explode/die.))

message 7: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 1461 comments ((Explode/Die? Is that a bad thing or a good thing?))

message 8: by Jade♪☠, You're pretty. Can I have some of your hair? (new)

((Well, if you're a fangirl like me, it happens a lot so it's fine. the creators said it was going to be a "doozy". they were not lying. this episode is amazing!!!!!!))

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma | 265 comments (woah)

message 10: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 1461 comments ((You might be mod next, since no one else has a story. :P))

message 11: by Jade♪☠, You're pretty. Can I have some of your hair? (new)

((Coolio! my first order of mod will e to have everyone watch the Legend of Korra! muhahahahahahahahaha!))

message 12: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 1461 comments ((Oh my! You are so evil! Ah. :P))

message 13: by Jade♪☠, You're pretty. Can I have some of your hair? (new)

((Yes, yes I am. >:D

message 14: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 1461 comments ((I'm not sure if I should make you mod. Usually that's Annika's job... I don't want to get in trouble. But if you want, I'll make you mod and then you can un-mod me.))

message 15: by Jade♪☠, You're pretty. Can I have some of your hair? (new)

((Maybe... but that seems so mean un-moding you. I mean, i'm evil but not THAT evil.))

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Ji Mei ^_^ wrote: "((I'm not sure if I should make you mod. Usually that's Annika's job... I don't want to get in trouble. But if you want, I'll make you mod and then you can un-mod me.))"

((you can do whatever you like, i feel bad since i cant go on as much as i used to... so whatever you need to do to keep the contests going, go right ahead))

message 17: by Ji Mei (last edited Jun 18, 2012 12:22PM) (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 1461 comments Thanks Annika! ^_^ And it's all right Jade. I might become mod again if I win the next contest. Anyways, I un-modded myself.

message 18: by Jade♪☠, You're pretty. Can I have some of your hair? (new)

I'll make one eventually.