Nightshade (Nightshade, #1; Nightshade World, #4) Nightshade discussion

Is Nightshade worth the read?

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mercelle (last edited May 30, 2012 07:30PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mercelle So far this seems like another copy of the Twilight series... the whole one girl not being able to decide on which guy she should be with is not my thing anymore and so far many of the comments have expressed the same feeling as mine.

Tara Read This is good series to read and I like Jennifer Lynn Barnes series also. So try either one of these series

Sarah No offense, but no. Because, Cally is to uneasy over who she likes, which leads to shouting moments for me. She's a self-centered little whore who can make out with Ren and Shay whenever she wants. She doesn't deserve any one of them.
Sorry to the lovers. But have to say, it was a worthless book and the triangle-love was one of the worst one I've ever read.

message 4: by Marisol (last edited Jun 08, 2012 02:51PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Marisol Honestly no. I read Nightshade (1st of the trilogy) and decided to not even waste my time with the other two. I really wanted to like it and was expecting more. It was also VERY predictable at times... Read the Hunger Games instead (not similar to this but way more interesting).

Miranda I really enjoyed this series.. The second and third book are better than the first.. It is a love triangle, but most books out there are.. It has a good story, love and drama..

Christina Ly I didn't finish the first book, it was very cringe worthy.

Abigail i think the first book was okay but it's not what i was hoping for if you do read this book keep in mind that yo dont want to get your hopes up, but over all not to bad a book

message 9: by Ryn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ryn I enjoyed the series even tho I think the last book could had, had a better ending.

Vanessa I liked it. The second was my favorite; I didnt like the thirds ending but other than that it was great in my opinion.

Sheyenne The series is okay but if you read the first book and become in love with Ren don't read the rest of the series....you have been warned

Faith It is a good trilogy. The pace is quick and there is action and romance. I liked the wolves in general and Calla was realistic enough (like come on, im sure a lot of girls play with guys! Plus she is part wolf, you know, animal instincts.)Some people dislike the love triangle because it went the obvious way or the ending was a little rushed but i never really minded it. The plot line was original too.

Lorraine Beaumont I liked the trilogy- even though it started out kind of slow for me, and there were parts that reminded me of Harry Potter, and just when it started picking up speed and really became interesting it ended. I wasn't a big fan of the ending either.
But most of the story seemed pretty original, with the exception of the love triangle-but it is a winning formula, so why not.

message 14: by Beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beth I loved this series. There is a lot going on all the time and you absolutely fall in love with the characters.

message 15: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Definitely! The books keep getting better too. Loved this series <3

message 16: by Sammy (new) - rated it 1 star

Sammy Marisol wrote: "Honestly no. I read Nightshade (1st of the trilogy) and decided to not even waste my time with the other two. I really wanted to like it and was expecting more. It was also VERY predictable at time..."

I totally agree with you. The book wasn't really that good. I read the first and didn't read any of the other books. I thought the cover looked cool and as I was reading it, I thought, "Maybe it will get better." At the end, I was a bit disappointed. All in all, I wouldn't waste your time with this book. Not that great.

message 17: by Sammy (new) - rated it 1 star

Sammy Sarah wrote: "No offense, but no. Because, Cally is to uneasy over who she likes, which leads to shouting moments for me. She's a self-centered little whore who can make out with Ren and Shay whenever she wants...."

SPEAK THE TRUTH!

Halyna Well, this is nothing like Twilight - the heroine is not some wimp, and Ren and Shay are much more interesting than Edward and Jacob! It is worth reading, there are many interesting secondary characters if you don't like the protagonists, it's very eventful(especially the second and the third books). As for judging Calla - you don't know how you would act if such two guys competed for you, so ....

Fatima It's kinda sad cause I had such high hopes for Nightshade. Like a month before it was released I was reading all the samples and gathering all the information and going all fan crazy. When I was actually reading it, well...anticlimactic just about sums that up. Decent. Never got pass the second book though. Not much more to say.

Shawnee I whole heartedly say yes!! I loved the whole series, but at the end of the third book I was happy for them but then I was like, "WHAT?!" the second book got a little slow, but by the third, it was amazing. I love how Calla is such a strong character that is put to the test between Ren and Shay. I will have to disagree on the whole relates to twilight thing, because I didn't like the twilight stuff but this was different. I recommend it to anyone!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

should i read it? i dont like evermore and evernight btw

message 22: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Alexandria wrote: "I think it depends, if you liked twilight then yes, you will like this book. I didn't like twilight but I thought this book was okay. But you could use your time to read books that are way better!"

I strongly disagree,I hate twilight and i LOVED the nightshade sires and I dont find nightshade anything like twilight . Bella is a kid and not strong and not sure what she wants but calla is a strong leader who will sacrifice anything for Shay and the ones she loves

Sarah Tranqulity wrote: "Sarah wrote: "No offense, but no. Because, Cally is to uneasy over who she likes, which leads to shouting moments for me. She's a self-centered little whore who can make out with Ren and Shay whene..."

eerrr...wwaatt??

Karen YES!!!!!

message 25: by Tina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tina I hated twilight and thought this book was pretty good. It had a lot of familiar stuff so not ground breaking but pretty good. I haven't read the others yet due to my not buying teen books but finding them at library.

Kaitlyn 110%!!!!!!!!!!!! ONE OF MY MOST FAVORITE BOOKS AND NOTHING LIKE TWILIGHT! NOTHING.

Kaitlyn Tara wrote: "This is good series to read and I like Jennifer Lynn Barnes series also. So try either one of these series"

yeah she is amazing with Werewolves...

Kela Esther Sky wrote: "I enjoyed the series even tho I think the last book could had, had a better ending."

Totally agree. It's like she just wanted to stop in the most unconventional, infuriating way possible. lol :)

message 29: by Efe (new) - rated it 3 stars

Efe Ivashkov :) Honestly No. I saw this book on good reads and thought i'd give it a try..........I regret it. Calla and Shay were really annoying and "love triangle" was so amateur.Also the ending seemed like an easy decision for her. I'm not reading the other books..

Ps. If you love/Liked Ren..You'll hate the ending -.-

Aishwarya the series is one big load of bull!!!
its dumb and people are better of reading twilight...
(I do not like twilight either)
i felt like killing Shay and slapping Calla for being so annoying and dumb(respectively)

Kagama-the Literaturevixen No, I didnt like it all. I didnt like any of the characters or even the main character so I wouldnt recommend anyone to buy it.

Possibly check out a copy from the library so people can judge for themselves though.

message 32: by Justine (new) - added it

Justine Saulnier its an awesome series

message 34: by Efe (new) - rated it 3 stars

Efe Ivashkov :) Aishwarya wrote: "the series is one big load of bull!!!
its dumb and people are better of reading twilight...
(I do not like twilight either)
i felt like killing Shay and slapping Calla for being so annoying and dum..."

OMG I totally agree!!