What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. gay army sex

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Malbadeen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:22AM) (new)

Malbadeen I'm looking for the title to a book I read in high school (behind a text book) and came to a scene that described 2 men (in the military) having sex, right when the teacher called on me to provide an answer to something else.
for some reason I think it might be Johnny got a gun but then again I could be confusing that because that is the only armyish type book I can recall reading. Anyone? Anyone?

message 2: by Malbadeen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:23AM) (new)

Malbadeen It's possible but I don't remeber it being a play.

message 3: by Naomi (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:23AM) (new)

Naomi (gnomesb) sorry can't help you with this one... the only book I've read that has come remotely close is 'Captain Correlli's Mandolin' but any sex in it was in the guys head. good luck. Have you tried searching on the internet?

message 4: by Malbadeen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:23AM) (new)

Malbadeen Thanks anyway - I didn't search the internet because I really wouldn't know where to start. It's not like the book was such high quality that I want to re-read it, the only part I remember is this pretty incidental scene, and even that is because the teacher called on at the exact moment I got to that part, but I thought I'd give it a shot. Frankley - I forget my own middle name frequently so It's not a surprise I can't remember this, and by next week I'll probably forget I was trying to remember it.

message 5: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (havan) | 128 comments Could it have been The Boy Who Picked the Bullets Up The Boy Who Picked the Bullets Up by Charles Nelson

It's vietnam era story of a young gay medic and I believe that there is a sex scene or two in there amid the angst.

message 6: by Cathy (last edited Oct 12, 2010 08:29PM) (new)

Cathy | 30 comments Pat Barker's Regeneration trilogy Regeneration maybe?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37342 comments Mod
Malbadeen, could it have been either book in msgs 5-6?

message 8: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6981 comments Mod
Malbadeen is set to private and the one where no one can even send a PM to him/her. I'm going to suggest that that the next Mod to see this move it down to Abandoned since we have no way to contact Malbadeen.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

There is military sex near the end of Totempole. Most of it is gay coming of age, covering the MC's childhood and adolescence.

message 10: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15144 comments Malbadeen shows as being active on GR this month. Curious if she ever identified her book.

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Malbadeen left the group, so it's appropriate for this to be in Abandoned now.

message 12: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15144 comments Ah, I didn't realize. I guess we'll never know.

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Unless she rejoins the group, which is always possible. And why we leave this in Abandoned rather than Now We'll Never Know.