Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

Tobias or Four?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 121 (121 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Sabrina What name suits him better? Tobias or Four? Personally I like four it sounds more masculine and tobias sounds funny I hate how in the 2nd book she uses his real name more... just sounds funny to me. your thoughts?

Samantha Four. Totally.

Lana I'd go for Four as well :) it's just suits him better :)

Dani Neira Four :) I guess the change in name symbolises the change in his life.

RoousC Fourbias!

I don't really like Tobias and I felt kinda bad after he said he didn't like to be called Four. So I prefer call him Fourbias c:

message 6: by Sam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sam Four is all sexy and mysterious where as tobias is all frankly nerdy. nerdy is ok. but he is DEFFINATELY not nerdy. not. at.all.

message 7: by Isa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Isa I use Four more than Tobias so I guess I prefer to call him Four. I was happy that his name was Tobias because it's the same name as my crush. xD

Mercelle Sabrina wrote: "What name suits him better? Tobias or Four? Personally I like four it sounds more masculine and tobias sounds funny I hate how in the 2nd book she uses his real name more... just sounds funny to me..."

FOUR!!!!! I Loved the name Four it just suits him better makes him come of stronger more dominate and sexy.

Mercelle Isa wrote: "I use Four more than Tobias so I guess I prefer to call him Four. I was happy that his name was Tobias because it's the same name as my crush. xD"

That is so cute :)

Elsie ♡ Four!!!

Deborah Definitely Four. It says something about him that not many people know.

Allie Baldwin Four! I like it, it's way more mysterious

Jenny B Four... Tobias makes him sound amish.

Mikkey I like Tobias...

message 15: by Dal (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dal Four

message 16: by Rose (new) - rated it 2 stars

Rose Four! Tobias reminds me of arrested development... and in a bad way for a love interest.

Erica USEING FOUR IS LIKE AN IDENTY, IT NOT HIM
TOBIAS IS HIS TRUE SELF

but i them both

Gianna Rossi tobias!!!!

Nichole I like Four because the name Four suits him better than Tobias.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I like Tobias. Like Cassy said, 'Four' isn't really him.

message 21: by Ren (last edited Jun 11, 2012 06:09PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ren Tobias - it is a name he will have to be brave to face again - it is a true reflection of himself. Meanwhile, Four implies that his fears define him.

Faith I prefer Four but if he had to go by Tobias, can't we just call him Toby?

Jennifer Definitely Four.

Simplyminali tobias, four is just some nickname that stuck

message 25: by Lucy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lucy I like both honestly, although when i see four, I think of I am Number Four, and when I see Tobias I think of Pretty Little Liars...

Irene I guess the name four just stuck in our minds. When I first read the book, I thought, "What type of person is called FOUR?!!!" HAHA. I like four better, though. That was the name that we were introduced to when the story was talking about four.

Ruzina hard choice but im gonna say four. makes him more mysterious x

message 28: by Kana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kana four it just sounds better!

Petal I personally think 4 is a way better name ;) but then again I think that Tobias is more of an abnegation name . :D

Destinyclaire Coleman i love four! hes amazing and i love that they call him four is different you know

Janae I think that Four is so much better, it's the name that I started to love him by and Tobias isn't going to take that place.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

i would go with tobias bcoz he only told tris his real name and trusted her with it, and four is what every person calls him i dont want to b any person to him looooool!!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Four. He's way cool.
})i({

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

They started with Four so it bugs me now that they call him Tobias

message 35: by Alex (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alex Four seems a lot cooler. Everytime I read the name 'Tobias' I keep debating on how to pronounce it because someone I know doesn't pronounce it the same way I do, whereas with Four, I can say it without a flaw.

message 36: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate Four I get so confused when I hear Tobias.

Jessica Four is definately the better name. It shows how much he has accomplished and the name is well earned. Who names their kid Tobias anyway?

message 38: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 04, 2012 07:42PM) (new)

Tobias reminds be of a mysterious and handsome man so its definitely the better name. Also,it sounds unusual.

Four reminds me of the main characters from iam number four. Not original

Charm Four! Tobias sounds innocent, boy next door to me. I just don't like the sound of it.

Gabriella I think Four is definately hotter!!! But, to me, Tobias symbolizes that Tris kind of broke that barrier of secrets and now they are free to love each other

Kiki~~다은이♥♥ Tobias is more special.

Adrian Four seems to fit him more than Tobias does.

Ellie Faith wrote: "I prefer Four but if he had to go by Tobias, can't we just call him Toby?"

haaaahaa this made me laugh. And no one else except you and me thought of Toby either! I actually had looked up the name about a week ago and it said it was shortened to Toby haha

Hannah Marie i personally like four better
but honestly im in love with their relationship despite their names, veronica roth can really write a romance

message 45: by Faye (new) - rated it 4 stars

Faye Butler I like Tobias. Seems more like a name and not a number. I dunno just sayin.

Also, check out my discussion on the Hunger Games and add me as a friend! :)

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

message 46: by Cassidy (last edited Jun 11, 2012 06:26PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cassidy I like Four. I like how it represents how many fears he has and also I liked his personality better (for some reason) when he was referred to as Four and not Tobias.

Rachel FOUR! :)

message 48: by Sumo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sumo Sahial Sabrina wrote: "What name suits him better? Tobias or Four? Personally I like four it sounds more masculine and tobias sounds funny I hate how in the 2nd book she uses his real name more... just sounds funny to me..."
For Sure Four :D

message 49: by Ren (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ren Connor wrote: "Four. I really don't like how they switch back and forth between Four and Tobias all the time."
It's an important part of the plot - determining who truly knows him, which of his lives they belong in, and how they define him.

Megan Four. When I think of Tobias I think of a wimp, which Four is definately not! Just wish the author had picked a more manly name.

« previous 1 3