Speak
This topic is about Speak
Speak Discussions > Speak the movie

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angie | 2686 comments Mod
Has anyone seen the movie Speak yet?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speak_(f...

Jenn (jlongee) | 2 comments You can get it through Netflix now.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

THERE'S A MOVIE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Yes, It was pretty good. Just about to read the book. Saw the movie a long time ago.

Courtney (court617) Kriste Stewart is in it...

Diana  (Higura_Natume) | 30 comments i didn't know there was a movie

want to see it

Erin (wwwgoodreadscomgenregirl) The movie is good - but they changed one KEY element - which really bothered me

That said, Kristen captures the character wonderfully and the setting is perfect!

They show it on Lifetime from time to time (if you don't netflix!)

Diana  (Higura_Natume) | 30 comments it's on youtube with some scenes not in

i watched it there

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) My public library has the DVD copy of the movie available for borrowing. I'd guess other libraries might have it too.

Courtney (court617) oh-oh I'll go check..

Courtney (court617) It there..but all the copies are checked out(I'll put it on hold)

alisonwonderland | 30 comments i put it on hold at my library too. i'm looking forward to seeing it.

Amber | 34 comments Yes I did I saw it on Lifetime and few years ago! Try and rent it threw your library.

The guy from Cutting Edge is in it too.

Courtney (court617) I have the movie now..

Venessa (pebblecafe) I really excited to see the movie. Plus my library has it. Just waiting to be notified that it's ready for pick up!! Yay.

message 16: by Courtney (last edited Jan 16, 2009 10:28AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Courtney (court617) I saw the movie..it was good. But, not as good as the book.

Vicki I am definitely going to check the movie out. I forgot about it until this thread.

message 18: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) I just watched it. When I saw it before, it was years before I read the book. The movie is good but the book is great. Worth seeing I guess but it's the book I highly recommend.

Diane (dianes) I just checked and my library has 1 copy, checked out, of course. I placed a hold.

Elaine (readingrat) | 24 comments I just placed a request at my library. :)

Diane (dianes) I just watched the movie yesterday, and really liked it. It did a pretty good job of following the events in the book. I liked their choices for the main characters too.

Jenny (jennycjensen) | 5 comments I didn't realize I'd watched the movie until I was about halfway through the book and was able to eerily predict what was going to happen next :). I saw the movie on lifetime a while ago and it was good, but I liked the book better!

Venessa (pebblecafe) I finally got around to seeing the movie yesterday. Erin, what was the key element that was changed? There were parts I was disappointed with and scenes left out but don't know (couldn't figure out and I'm curious) which key element you were referring to. Overall I enjoyed the movie but liked the book better. Thanks.

Winna (winnaefendi) | 16 comments I should find it on YouTube soon!
I can't find the DVD anywhere in my city.

Winna (winnaefendi) | 16 comments I'm watching the movie on YouTube right now. It's amazing! I prefer it to the book, perhaps because I don't really like the writing style the author uses in the book.

I am glad they make the movie similar to the book, though. There is hardly any alterations from the scenes and characters in the book.

message 26: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 5 stars

So this movie was never in theaters? Was it originally a lifetime movie?

message 27: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Yes, It was originally a Lifetime tv movie.

message 28: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (last edited Mar 01, 2009 09:09AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

I guess what was different in the movie was the fact that Kristen accepts a date with the boy from her science class and she shows the art professor her secret room. But I don't think those were bad changes. I just saw the movie today and thought it was a really good, followed the book really well. And Kristen did a good job playing a depressed teen... she just has that look about her.

Shannon E (shannabans) | 5 comments Yeah the movie was very dedicated to the book. I remember they have exact scenes from the movie as they were in the book. Both the book and the movie are really powerful.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

i read speak a while ago and remember it was really powerful. i didnt know there was a movie but i'm going to replace it at my library right now.

Celestasaurus I can't believe I never heard of the movie! I read Speak so long ago and loved it, if I remember correctly. Yeah, it was powerful.

I'm checking it out at my library RIGHT NOW.

Natalee (nataleem00) | 43 comments Now you've got me looking for the movie, too! Thanks for the info!

message 33: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 5 stars

It was a pretty good movie if you liked the book.

Jennifer (JenJen1221) I haven't watched the movie and so I didn't know Kristen Stewart was Melinda in the movie...weird thing was as I read the book I imagined her as the character

message 35: by A.T. (new) - rated it 4 stars

A.T. (meandonlyme) | 21 comments I saw this movie so very long ago that I didn't even remember K. Stew. was in it. I must re-watch it, because I did like it and haven't ever forgotten it in all these years!

message 36: by A.T. (new) - rated it 4 stars

A.T. (meandonlyme) | 21 comments Jennifer wrote: "I haven't watched the movie and so I didn't know Kristen Stewart was Melinda in the movie...weird thing was as I read the book I imagined her as the character"

Hahaha, random, but this(comment)was posted on my birthday

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Kristin Stewart was a great pick for Melinda!

message 38: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 1 comments we watched and read speak in class. as always the book was much better than the movie in my opinion. however I do think that Kristen Stewart was a great pick. the movie left out and/or changed something's which bothers me but I like the idea behind it because its a very inspiring book. I liked the ending. I was always upset when we had to stop reading in class, I actually ended up getting my own copy and reading ahead. such a great book, as a good movie too.