Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Have any suggestions for the group? Post them here. Mods will look at them and consider them.

message 2: by Selena (new)

Selena (sailorstar165) | 2022 comments Mod
I actually thought of something XD

How about a section for anime conventions? That way, people can talk about upcoming or past conventions and share pictures and experiences. :)

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1392 comments I think that's a good idea! I'll go ahead and start one for you.

message 4: by Selena (new)

Kristen wrote: "I think that's a good idea! I'll go ahead and start one for you."

ありがとう~

message 5: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1392 comments You're welcome :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Selena, if you ever want to start a topic, feel free to. Just make sure it goes in the correct folder. :)

message 7: by Selena (new)

I wasn't sure where it would go, since it wasn't really about manga or Japan. lol

message 8: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1392 comments Selena wrote: "I wasn't sure where it would go, since it wasn't really about manga or Japan. lol"

I hesitated for a moment when I was deciding where to put the discussion. I went with All About Japan because, while the cons are not in Japan, they are inspired by Japanese culture. Also, that's where Cosplay was.

If you're not sure where to put a new discussion, General Discussion will probably work.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

There's a topic about manga collections, which gives members to post a list or pictures of their manga collections.

message 10: by Selena (new)

Just a thought on the shelving of books...

Maybe you could shelve books according to what month we read them? :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

That's a really good idea. Thanks, Selena!

message 12: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (juvia_winter) | 195 comments Since we are reading three volumes of each monthly read could we include those on our bookshelf?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I could do that, but only for October and November, since we didn't do that in past months.

message 14: by Marajean (new)

Marajean | 56 comments I was wondering if there could be a place to post about buying stuff online or just deals that are found?

I was on ebay and found an amazing lot *actually 2* of mostly manga. I didn't want it and thought someone on here might really like it, but I didn't know if it was allowed or appropriate to post it.

It'd be nice to be something that's not just deals but announcements for placed to buy or things that are available, that you just think is cool and want to share.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I might consider that.

message 16: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Can there be a discussion where we can talk about the anime we are currently watching? Like "What you are watching?"

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

If you would like to create a topic in the anime folder, that's fine with me. Feel free to create topics, just make sure they're in the right folder and there isn't already a topic that exists.

message 18: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Okay, thanks! :)

message 19: by Selena (new)

I know we're a manga book club, but maybe we could have a month where the theme was light novels? There are a lot of good ones out there.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Dengeki Daisy!! I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLYYYYYYY suggest and recommend it!! It's one of the best series I've ever read, besides Skip Beat!

message 21: by Summer Breeze (new)

Summer Breeze (summer_breeze) Hey, I'm new here! I was just thinking that there are many times when you see a picture from a manga but you don't which manga it is from. I myself faced this a problem a lot so I thought it would be a cool idea to start a thread for people to help out each other to find the original source of the picture...so is this a good idea?

message 22: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1392 comments Summer Breeze wrote: "Hey, I'm new here! I was just thinking that there are many times when you see a picture from a manga but you don't which manga it is from. I myself faced this a problem a lot so I thought it would ..."

Good idea! I made up a topic for you! Go here.

message 23: by Selena (new)

Hey, um... Whatever happened to the challenges? I liked participating in those, but we haven't had one in a while...

If you're running out of ideas, you could always make a thread so people can suggest challenge ideas? :)

message 24: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1392 comments Wednesday was the one keeping up with challenges up until recently, but she hasn't been active in a while. I'm the only active-ish mod at the moment and I've been struggling a bit with getting things done on time. A lot of the challenges weren't participated in much, so I wasn't too stressed about putting up a new one, but I can think up one if people want to participate.

message 25: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (juvia_winter) | 195 comments Selena wrote: "Hey, um... Whatever happened to the challenges? I liked participating in those, but we haven't had one in a while...

If you're running out of ideas, you could always make a thread so people can su..."

I agree that I liked and missed having the challenges. Since Wednesday and Kristen have been so busy I put a new challenge up for the month of February. Hopefully we can have more participation.

I can also put up a challenge suggestion thread if enough people are interested.

message 26: by Ash (new)

Ash | 42 comments ♥Jamie♥ wrote: "Selena wrote: "Hey, um... Whatever happened to the challenges? I liked participating in those, but we haven't had one in a while...

If you're running out of ideas, you could always make a thread s..."

message 27: by Ash (new)

Ash | 42 comments Is it me or do these discussion boards just have very little traffic? I was so excited to find these boards so I could talk w/others who enjoy manga/anime as much as I do, especially since none of my friends like it, but only one person has replied to me & I have posted a few times. Oh well, it is my first day here basically, so I will just stick it out awhile longer. Replies would be nice, though. :(

message 28: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1392 comments Hello again, Ash :) I posted an answer to your question in Shounen Manga Book Club and the answer will be more or less the same here. Not a lot of our members are online at the same time, usually, so it can take some time for people to respond. I've also heard of people having issues with Goodreads notifications, so it could just be that someone hasn't realized that a new post has been made.

Again, I hope you don't mind being patient with us: we'd really love to have you as part of our groups and look forward to hearing what you say.

message 29: by Ash (new)

Ash | 42 comments Kristen, you have been very attentive & sweet to me. Sorry if I sounded cranky, but I guess I am used to coards that move like lightining. Not that I am a member of many boards. sorry for the typos, but I am in the middle of trying to move & I am beyond sleep deprived.
Thanks againfor all your replies & I really look forward to being a part of the discussions.

message 30: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1392 comments That's okay. Goodreads is a bit different from other sites and takes a bit of getting used to.

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 378 comments Hey can we add a section where we can fangirl/fanguy over different characters or something like that?

message 32: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1392 comments You could create a thread for that, if you like. You can make a thread like "Favorite Characters" and post it in either the Anime or Manga folder or create a thread about a specific character/cast of characters in the same folders. It depends on who you would like to talk about. You are always welcome to start up new threads :)

message 34: by Mary (new)

Mary (leafmary) | 48 comments Iesha (In east shade house at...) wrote: "Hey can we add a section where we can fangirl/fanguy over different characters or something like that?"

I second that! It would be pretty cool, too!

message 35: by Selena (new)

As Kristen said, you can create a thread for that. No need for its own section. :) It can be in the manga or anime section (whichever you think is more appropriate)

message 36: by Mary (new)

Mary (leafmary) | 48 comments Selena wrote: "As Kristen said, you can create a thread for that. No need for its own section. :) It can be in the manga or anime section (whichever you think is more appropriate)"

Wow, thank you! :)

message 37: by Heather (new)

Heather Wilmoth (missoperaghost) | 1 comments deleted user wrote: "Have any suggestions for the group? Post them here. Mods will look at them and consider them."Ones I stareted or completed https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...
or my shelf https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 38: by Selena (new)

Heather wrote: "deleted user wrote: "Have any suggestions for the group? Post them here. Mods will look at them and consider them."Ones I stareted or completed https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1......"

This thread is more for suggestions on how to improve the group, not for book suggestions. :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.