Hunger Games discussion

The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset (The Hunger Games, #1-3)
This topic is about The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset
62 views
Characters' Names Significance > Peeta's Significance

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) Whta do you find that is significant about Peeta's name? What about symbols he is associated with?


message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Bread duh!!!!!


message 3: by Lydia, I love PSYCH (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lydia (lydiapatch) | 1015 comments Mod
Well... now that this conversation has been settled ;)


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 2311 comments Mod
Pita


message 5: by Abby (new)

Abby | 1 comments He is named after the bread, pita.


message 6: by Lydia, I love PSYCH (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lydia (lydiapatch) | 1015 comments Mod
I didnt catch that until my sister told me...


message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel I never though too much about "pita" bread. I always just saw it as a variation of "Peter"


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 2311 comments Mod
I always kind of knew it was Pita reference


Leah | 159 comments Ramona wrote: "Could it be he is named after Peter from The Diary of Anne Frank or Peter (Simon) meaning "rock" from the New Testament?"

The one about Peter meaning "rock" from the New Testament seems very likely...after all, Peeta seems to be Katniss's "rock," as he more or less keeps her from going completely balistic. I've never thought about it that way before...


message 10: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Lauren (laurengibson) | 3009 comments Mod
And he seems pretty solid. I mean he seems to know what he wants, where he's going, and what not. It's a pretty good theory.


An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) Lauren wrote: "And he seems pretty solid. I mean he seems to know what he wants, where he's going, and what not. It's a pretty good theory."

I bet his abs are solid too because he carries 100lb bags of flower


message 12: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Lauren (laurengibson) | 3009 comments Mod
Haha. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to bring his physical "solid" attributes.


An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) Of course I would be the one, but Gale's is probably better


message 14: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Lauren (laurengibson) | 3009 comments Mod
Haha. There, that sounds more like Marilyn.


An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) hahaha Wait until Charlie sees it. She'll definitely agree


message 16: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Lauren (laurengibson) | 3009 comments Mod
Oh I bet.


message 17: by Lydia, I love PSYCH (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lydia (lydiapatch) | 1015 comments Mod
Marilyn wrote: "Lauren wrote: "And he seems pretty solid. I mean he seems to know what he wants, where he's going, and what not. It's a pretty good theory."

I bet his abs are solid too because he carries 100lb ba..."


I was literally just about to say that :)


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 2311 comments Mod
Marilyn wrote: "Of course I would be the one, but Gale's is probably better"

I love how you guys talk about me :D
And you are right. I definatley agree :)


An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) Charlie ♥GaleForever♥ wrote: "Marilyn wrote: "Of course I would be the one, but Gale's is probably better"

I love how you guys talk about me :D
And you are right. I definatley agree :)"


Hahaha you're like my other half hahaha


message 20: by l (new) - rated it 5 stars

l Well, the meaning of the name 'Peter' is Rock or Masculine, which both describe Peeta.

I think Suzanne tweaked the same to sound like Pita bread.


message 21: by Lydia, I love PSYCH (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lydia (lydiapatch) | 1015 comments Mod
Haha and in the book peeta disguised himself as a rock to stay alive


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 2311 comments Mod
Marilyn wrote: "Charlie ♥GaleForever♥ wrote: "Marilyn wrote: "Of course I would be the one, but Gale's is probably better"

I love how you guys talk about me :D
And you are right. I definatley agree :)"

Hahaha yo..."


Ditto. :)


message 23: by Lydia, I love PSYCH (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lydia (lydiapatch) | 1015 comments Mod
Yup, yup, yup. :)


back to top