Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > need help combining please

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eva (last edited Jan 04, 2009 03:49PM) (new)

Eva Leger (EvaMarie22) | 756 comments I found an author who has two listings of the same book and I can't combine them. I'm guessing it's because there are too many reviews? The link to the book with the least reviews is here :
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19...

and the same book with the most reviews is here:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/69...

Is this something that I could have done without bothering anyone or am I right that I couldn't combine?
Thanks for any help too! :)

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2400 comments Eva, It's because the first author is not the same.

The combines are done via the author listed first.

(I don't have time now to check the books to see whether the authors can be rearranged or not/see book covers and then therefore combined. But, if it's ok to do it, any librarian should be able to switch the order then combine.)

message 3: by Eva (new)

Eva Leger (EvaMarie22) | 756 comments Wow- that was fast! I should have thought about that because I did already know that. I haven't been doing too much- changing anything is something I don't want to mess up with- so I've been reading all the posts and learning, learning, learning! :) Thanks so much Lisa!

message 4: by Eva (new)

Eva Leger (EvaMarie22) | 756 comments I fixed it! I have a whole new admiration for all of you librarians! Thanks for the help Lisa!

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2400 comments Eva, Oh sure. I miss things like that as well.

message 6: by Alex (last edited Jan 09, 2009 12:13AM) (new)

Alex (little_alex) | 9 comments even after I combined the different translations of Crystal Boys/Nie zi/Garçons de cristal by Kenneth Hsien-yung Pai, it's still showing up as three separate works when I go to the author's page, but it's showing up fine on the book page... I don't know what's wrong with it...

(Same thing with Einsam mit siebzehn/Ji mo de shi qi sui...)

Please, please help?

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 36771 comments Mod
That's really weird. I actually see 10 books on the author's list of books page too, which is less prone to caching issues. There should be 7.

I tried a bunch of stuff, none of which did anything. I'll email MICHAEL.

message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael Economy (michaeleconomy) I'm looking into this

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.