Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

General Discussion > Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 497 (497 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Here is where you can introduce yourself.

I'm Wednesday, your moderator. I enjoy reading shoujo manga, shounen ai manga, and some shounen manga. I also love YA books. I spend way too much time on Goodreads, but I love it here. I hope everyone who joins enjoys this group. :D

message 2: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Hi, my name is Harshini. I live in India but was brought up in Florida, USA. My first ever anime was Pokemon and ever since then I have watched ao many anime and then eventually started reading manga as well! I mostly read shounen manga, but I started reading more shoujo now(Ouran High School Host Club)!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, Harshini. Glad you joined! I hope you enjoy it here. Would you mind spreding the word about the group?

message 4: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Sure I will! :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks.

message 6: by Cindy III (new)

Cindy III | 192 comments Hello. I'm Cindy. I really like manga and anime, so I joined this group. I think it'll be fun to connect with other people who have a similar interest.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, Cindy. Welcome to the group. I think once we get more members, this group can really thrive. All the other Shoujo manga groups are kind of dead.

message 8: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Lol, but somewhat true! Hey Cindy, try inviting some of your friends who love manga as well!

message 9: by Cindy III (new)

Cindy III | 192 comments I know of at least one person that might enjoy a group like this. She's really into Black Bird. I'll also try to spread the word in other groups if I can.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I might advertise on other manga groups. There are pleanty of general manga and roleplay groups, just not really any shoujo groups.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello. I am Melissa ^^ .....
I love to manga and watch anime so
much I collect most of it ^^

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, Melissa. Welcome to the group.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Wednesday wrote: "Hey, Melissa. Welcome to the group."

Hi Wednesday, thanks for inviting me here ^^

message 14: by Marajean (new)

Marajean | 58 comments Hi, I'm MaraJean.

I've been watching anime and reading manga for....many years.

To be perfectly honest I haven't been active in any groups for it, though I was for years, in a couple of years. One of my goodreads friends is reading manga and so I searched out a group that I could share with and came upon this one.

Thanks for having me. ^_^

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, MaraJean! I acutally only created this group about a week ago, which is why we're so small. I hope you enjoy it here!

message 16: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments We're small but I think I know everyone here lol!

message 17: by Yue (new)

Yue | 67 comments Hello! I am new in the manga world; however, I have been a Card Captor Sakura Fan forever! I am eager to read more shoujos, so far I read Vampire Knight, Special A and Fruits Basket!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, Sakura Yue! Cardcaptor Sakura is an awesome series. If you really enjoy it, I would also recommend Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Volume 01. It's by the same artists and features the same characters as CCS, but they're older and the plot is different.

message 19: by Yue (new)

Yue | 67 comments Wednesday wrote: "Hey, Sakura Yue! Cardcaptor Sakura is an awesome series. If you really enjoy it, I would also recommend Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Volume 01. It's by the same artists and features the same chara..."
Thanks Wednesday! I have checked it out, I am still kind of insecure to read it because it is sooo different! But it is definitely on my TBR :)

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

As far as I can tell, the characters have kept their personalities. It's fun to see things mentioned in CCS take place in Tsubasa.

message 21: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Hey Sakura! Glad you joined! Special A is awesome!

message 22: by Candylover13 (new)

Candylover13 | 9 comments hi! i'm Kelsey. i have a total anime/manga obsession so joining this club is good cuz it tells me that i am not alone :D lol

message 23: by Candylover13 (new)

Candylover13 | 9 comments Sakura Yue wrote: "Hello! I am new in the manga world; however, I have been a Card Captor Sakura Fan forever! I am eager to read more shoujos, so far I read Vampire Knight, Special A and Fruits Basket!"

those manga /anime are awesome :D i luv them too

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, Kelsey! It's always nice to be able to get to know people who have similar interests as you do. I hope you enjoy it here. :)

message 25: by Candylover13 (new)

Candylover13 | 9 comments thankies!! i think i will

message 26: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Inuyasha! Welcome!Hope you enjot it here :) K-Pop & J-Pop rock! Though I have no idea what they are saying sometimes!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome, Ashley! I also enjoy manga more than anime, even though anime is still fun. Which K-pop group is your favorite?

message 28: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (faize) | 194 comments Hola. I'm Hannah, and I found out about this group from a comment made by Wednesday in the Moderator Support Group. I haven't read a whole lot of manga, but I love anime, and manga is just anime in book format, right?

Anywho, I look forward to participating here:)

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Hannah, Welcome to group ^^

message 30: by Megan (new)

Megan M | 12 comments Hello everyone! I'm Megan, a recent college grad who remembers falling in love with anime and manga back in the third grade. I love the fantastical stories and unique characters of this type of storytelling. I'm now working in mass tort law, so I need the escape sometimes! I'm looking forward to chatting with you guys :)

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome, Hannah and Megan!

message 32: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (juvia_winter) | 195 comments Hello everyone, I am Jamie. Long time anime fan...started with Sailor moon and she is still one of my favorites. New to Manga, I have read a few series, but I would love any recomendations. Thanks for having me in the group:)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, Jamie! Sailor Moon is one of my favorites too. I also recommend Sand Chronincles, Skip Beat, Fruits Basket, and anything by Yuu Watase.

message 34: by Sinai C. (new)

Sinai C.  (sinaic) | 25 comments Hiya world of shoujo fans, I'm Sinai. I officially started my anime passion with Sailor Moon, like Jamie did, around two years ago. From there, I've moved on, and I don't really have a particular thing that I go for, anything that has a good story, good art, or recommended, I'll usually try out, so that includes Shonen, Josei, no yaoi/yuri though X) I'm a fan of CLAMP and so far...my favorite manga has got to be...Chobits :)

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, Sinai. CLAMP and Sailor Moon are awesome. Have you also read Cardcaptor Sakura and Tsubasa?

message 36: by Sinai C. (new)

Sinai C.  (sinaic) | 25 comments I've started reading Tsubasa, but only gotten through the first few books. My local library has almost ALL of them though, so I'm hoping to continue the series. :D

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

It's really good. It's does start to get really long, but it's very well written/drawn. And if you read Cardcaptor Sakura you can see the same characters, only they're grown up. It's pretty cool. Tsubasa also connects to xxxHolic. Their plots intertwine.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

My library had all of them at some point, but people have been stealing manga. There are tons of missing volumes for a lot of series.

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 378 comments Hello everyone,
Nice to meet you all and let's have fun discussing what we all love and care about. :)

message 40: by Sinai C. (new)

Sinai C.  (sinaic) | 25 comments @Iesha: Any favorite mangas? :)

message 41: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Hey Sinai I must read those Chronicles! CLAMP is amazing!

message 42: by Iesha (In east shade house at...) (last edited Jun 28, 2012 09:05PM) (new)

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 378 comments Yes, my favorites are Beast master, desire climax, flowers to demon, tails of the moon-these are some of the few:)

message 43: by jenny (new)

jenny Hi everyone. I love shoujo, although I read other manga too, like josei. I just finished Sand Chronicles which I loved even though it was pretty sad and heavy at times. I'm currently on Volume 13 of Fruits Basket and I'm just starting Absolute Boyfriend. My favorite shoujo of all times is From Far Away.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice! That is favourite Sand Chronicles as well ^^

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree that Sand Chronicles is amazing! Fruits Basket and Absolute Boyfriend are fun too.

message 46: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (httpgoodreadscomdebilooskadoo) Hey everyone I'm Debbie new to manga/anime but loving it!! I'm trying all different types of manga right now. I haven't watched too much anime yet but recently discovered Mushishi and I really like it!! There's so many good manga out there that it's impossible to know what to read next...

message 47: by Sinai C. (new)

Sinai C.  (sinaic) | 25 comments Hi Debbie! There are a ton of anime/manga for new people--Sailor Moon, FullMetal Alchemist, I think those are two of the most popular in their field ^.^

message 48: by Marajean (new)

Marajean | 58 comments I also love From Far Away. I've read it more times than I care to count.

message 49: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (kendratalksbooks) Hello! I'm a somewhat new member in the shoujo community. I've kind of dabbled in reading manga and watching anime for years, but have recently become more interested. I enjoy reading, writing, and listening to music. I have a very eclectic taste in music, but most often listen to kpop, indie, piano, and movie scores. I've seen way too many kdramas and I hope to make some great friends and lots of memories here!

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, Kendra! My music taste is pretty unique too, but I love K-pop and movie scores/soundtracks. My favorites are 2ne1 and the Memoirs of a Geisha soundtrack.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10