Chicks On Lit discussion

Non Book Talk > Birthday FUN as of 1/10

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tera, First Chick (last edited Jan 10, 2009 08:24PM) (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
Please check and make sure your name is on the list if you want to participate and if for whatever reason your name is on the list but you no longer can or want to please let me know.
I am going to close the list on Wednesday and give everyone their Chicks name and information then so they can set out with birthday fun.
If you can send me a message with your confirmation and address I will compile them all together and randomly assign each of you one of the other.

ALSO if you want to donate something to our birthday party to be given away at random please include that in your message. Member authors if you would like to include your book signed or not that would be wonderful. Members who make an awesome craft or work in a great little shop or just want to join in the fun please let me know.

I have found a random generator that I think will work for that day. We will have an official birthday entry thread and the generator will pick random posts within that thread and those chicks will get different birthday presents if we have enough participating.
My goal is to get copies of all the books we have read this year and if possible signed by the authors of those books. Those chicks that have led the discussion and made contact with the authors your help with that project would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you are able to contact your author.

I have one other idea thats brewing I have to figure out the logistics to but when/if I do I will share it with all of you for opinions and participation.

Thanks for making this a great year and may there be many more to come!

Tera
April
Meg
Holli
Cyndi
Kristen
Hannah
Ashley
Thauna
Dawn
Jo
Cindy
Pam
Sonja
Shelby
Debbie
Melissa
Shawna
Sydney
Kathy
Marsha
Cyn
Roxy
Jackie
Katie
Teri
Emily
Susan
Tish
Mich
Lynlee4
Courtney
KrIsTiE fAyE
Marilyn
Mary
Kathey

message 2: by Tera, First Chick (last edited Jan 05, 2009 08:48AM) (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
I'm going to delete posts as names are added or taken away, so the initial list doesn't get buried.

I am going to highlight names as I receive their address information. If your name isn't highlighted I haven't got your information/confirmation.

message 3: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
Okay so MOST of you should have your COL secret birthday name. The rest of yours will get your names in the next 24 hours. (apparently GR puts a limit on how many messages you can send out in a day and I reached that limit with about 5 of you left to go)

How it will work

Send out your gift to your Secret Chick by 2/7.
Wrap your gift or mark "Do NOT open until 2/14.
Gifts should be between 5-10 dollars.
Do NOT reveal your Secret Name until 2/14.
Look for your gift in the mail.
Come back on 2/14 and wish all the COL HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
IF for any reason you are not able to participate PLEASE let me know ASAP so I can cover the miss.

message 4: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
Reminder to get your gift ready to send out. Let me know ASAP if you are not going to be able to do this.
Thanks
T~

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) I'm all set to send mine but wanted to post a FYI that I won't be home from 2/13 thru 2/16 so if my secret chick can get mine here by 2/12 I'd really appreciate it!