Richard III discussion

Richard III Bookshelf

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 1139 comments Mod
Feel free to play around in this a bit and add to it. Wonder if more members will find us?

message 2: by Ikonopeiston (new)

Ikonopeiston (Ikon) | 385 comments I can download my entire Ricardian bookshelf if you like.

It seems only friends can be invited and I only know you four who would be interested.

message 3: by Misfit (new)

Ikon, go ahead and download. I thought I made this a public group so anyone should be able to join. The more the merrier I say.

message 4: by Pat (new)

Pat | 39 comments Oh, yes Ikon. I would love to see your Ricardian books.
Thanks for setting us up Misfit.

message 5: by Ikonopeiston (new)

Ikonopeiston (Ikon) | 385 comments May we have a shelf for non-fiction, just to keep things straight?

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura Misfit, may I suggest 2 books?
The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey
We Speak no Treason I by Rosemary Hawley Jarman

message 7: by Misfit (new)

Hi Laura, I'll get them up later today. Have to go to work now. New members overnight hurray!

message 8: by Ikonopeiston (new)

Ikonopeiston (Ikon) | 385 comments We seem to be a magnetic group. Are you as surprised as I?

How is your knee? I hope your work does not put too much stress on it.

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura It was a great idea to create this group since this theme is very controversial

message 10: by Ikonopeiston (new)

Ikonopeiston (Ikon) | 385 comments Misfit is to be commended for taking on the job. I was very surprised to find that this area was being ignored when I joined Goodreads. Have you read the Kendall biography of Richard? It is excellent and is the book SKP used as the basis of The Sunne in Splendour. It is listed on our group bookshelf.

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura Hi Ikonopeiston: I read all the books by SKP, including Devil´s Brood. I will give a look at this biography that you suggested, thanks.

message 12: by Ikonopeiston (new)

Ikonopeiston (Ikon) | 385 comments Glad to have you aboard, Laura. Please just call me Ikon; it saves a lot of wear on your typing fingers.

message 13: by Misfit (last edited Jan 05, 2009 09:30AM) (new)

I swear this is one busy group, hope to see more here soon. Ikon, knee is getting along hopefully two more weeks and I'll be able to walk and drive. Work, no problem I'm in the business of chasing contractors for money, a definite sit-down job.

I just read a review for this one on hfonline and I'm quite intrigued. Not out until later this year,

A Secret Alchemy: A Novel

Excellent review on the book here, http://www.historicalfictiononline.co...

message 14: by Sera (new)

Sera Hi, all. I saw that two of my goodreads had joined the group, and I was able to join without an invite. I'm very interested in Richard III, and thank you for having me :)

message 15: by Ikonopeiston (new)

Ikonopeiston (Ikon) | 385 comments The review left me confused. How can Elizabeth Woodville have retired from the court of Henry VII when he is still just Henry Tudor? If this is set before the execution of Anthony, then Henry is still some time distant from being king. Or perhaps the stories are told in a very disjointed manner since Elizabeth was confined, by Henry VII, to the Abbey after he had assumed the crown and married Elizabeth of York. Just how long did that visitor stay in England anyway?

message 16: by Misfit (new)

Hi Sera, welcome aboard. The more the merrier.

Ikon, your are just way too on top of all things Ricardian and you're making me think. Have to get back to work now, will think later :)

Although, feel free to drop a note at the review and ask questions, I'm sure Susan/Boswellbaxter won't mind.

message 17: by Ikonopeiston (last edited Jan 05, 2009 10:06AM) (new)

Ikonopeiston (Ikon) | 385 comments Misfit wrote: "Hi Sera, welcome aboard. The more the merrier.

Ikon, your are just way too on top of all things Ricardian and you're making me think. Have to get back to work now, will think later :)

Althoug..."

Sorry about that. LOL I have been immersed in details of his life and times for so long now that I am never sure which century I am in myself. The bad part is that I keep having dreams about Ambion Hill and that last gallant charge.