FATTIES UNITE! discussion

Thread Graveyard > Weigh-In: Week of January 5, 2009

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 557 comments Mod

I'm off to a new start in the new year.
I'm embarking on The Year of Fitness to try to get myself in shape physically and financially. Here goes!

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Yay Amanda!

Does Rob Schneider voice...

"You Can Do It!"

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Good ol Rob Schneider!

message 4: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) Go Amanda Go! I'll be weighing in on Thursday of this week.

message 5: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) Both very worthy goals Mands!!!

I checked the unofficial home scale this morning and I seem to be back on track. I will officially weigh in on Saturday and report in again starting next week.

Hubby is here and he doesn't eat that much and we are going to be joining the Y this week, so things are looking good. Did I mention the extra cardio I have been getting? : )

message 6: by Amanda (new)

hee hee!

message 7: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) OK - Unexpected Weigh in...

We started "Biggest Loser - Pairs" today so we just weighed in. I am at 274.1 after eating breakfast, lunch and drinking a ton of water to "bulk up" for the initial weigh in - LOL

That said, I am only up 2.5lbs from 12/6 and this is still down 33lbs overall!

I will start going into Weight Watchers again for the "official" weigh ins this Saturday.

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Kick ass!!! That's great. Not bad for a holiday (and euphoria)!

message 9: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony That is so cheating, Trudy!

Good job:)

message 10: by mary elizabeth (last edited Jan 06, 2009 04:38AM) (new)

mary elizabeth  Williams Hi all, not as bad as I expected overall. I decided I was getting way to obsessed about what I was eating, and about my weigh-ins. My boyfriend brought it to my attention when he noted that I was purposefully not putting on lotion and trying to pee before weighing myself, as well as getting naked in our 60 degree apartment every morning by choice. A little crazy, I must admit. But after a week of not writing down what I eat and not weighing myself every morning, two compulsions I developed, and eating moderate portions of everything (except maybe alcohol), and seeing that I did not gain significantly, I am feeling much better about everything. Today, its back to the plan, but I am not going to write down what I eat, I decided. It makes me really, really anxious about what I am eating, and just does not make me feel positive. So, exercise, exercise. I am just thinking of my bikini and lying down next to the skinny girls at the beach-- and being one of them! YEAH!

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Wow, that's intense, Beth! You'll do great. As long as you don't give yourself a heart attack from stress in the process. hee hee hee. Anyway, I'm impressed that you know yourself and know what was making you anxious and have decided to stop! Rock on, woman! That's one of the hardest things in life... :)

message 12: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) Good Job on recognizing your "limits" for lack of a better word, but I will also admit that I do a few of the same things you do... or don't do before weigh ins...

I don't eat breakfast, I did catch myself one morning NOT putting on lotion before I left the house, I try not to go before the big morning movement and I try to wear the same clothes. Some of that is neurotic (the lotion bit), but overall I chalk it up to apples to apples. I want a realistic picture of my weight loss. I don't want to have a gray area of - "Well, I ate breakfast today so it could have been that or I have a heavy sweater on so it could have been that." Keep in mind, I have been losing consistently and STILL have these mental debates. LOL...

message 13: by Amanda (new)

It is a matter that could make us all insane! Does it make you feel like Monk? :)

message 14: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony I haven't commented lately because my weight has been stable. I still work out like a motherfucker, but I'm either plateauing or gaining muscle that is causing my weight to say the same while I burn fat. I'm ok with either. I'm still thirty, thirty pounds lower than I was Memorial Day weekend.

I thought eating breakfast was supposed to be really important...

message 15: by Amanda (new)

I wonder if that will change now that you're at the Y and will be changing your routine a bit...

message 16: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Yeah, I don't know. No worries, you know? I'm ok with where I am now. I may start pushing the psycho healthy food in the spring.

You been going to the gym, Amanda?

message 17: by Amanda (new)

Yep. Went yesterday and am going back today if my gym buddy ever wakes up. I really like my gym, and it's super cheap, but my schedule is gonna get sticky pretty soon. :( I need to get my damn car fixed so I can drive myself--it's too far to walk or bike.

message 18: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Yeah, that's why I think I actually got healthier AFTER I quit the gym and started working out at home. Working out was too easy to blow off when I had to drive. I think if I can do a little bit of both I should be ok.

Go, Amanda, go!

message 19: by Amanda (new)

I'm sick of being fat.
I'm going ice skating on Friday!!!

message 20: by Sherry (new)

Sherry I'm going to pass on the whole weighing in part of the process. I can get obsessive unhealthy about the numbers. I'll know by the feel of my clothes how I'm doing.

But I can certainly cheer you all on.

message 21: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) I love me some sparkpeople.com! Thank you Amanda. I'm down 7 lbs and I'm at 173 this morning.

message 22: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) My mom tells me I am a female version of Monk... the sad part is I can see it some days... I am just not over the edge like he is - yet... maybe I am the healthy balance of neurotic... (The show freaks me out sometimes... not only because he does stuff that I do, but because he talks about his dead wife "Trudy" HELLO!!!)

message 23: by Amanda (last edited Jan 08, 2009 06:49AM) (new)

Twilight Zone! doo doo doo doo

I'm reminded that I need to log into sparkpeople right now so I can enter my breakfast/tea for this morning. Yay for counting calories.
Petunia, congrats on 7lbs, baby! Woot!

message 24: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) Thanks Amanda! I was pretty stoked! Again, thanks for the site recommendation.