Fast Times At Sunnydale High discussion

General Chat > Hi all! I'm new :)

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Camila (new)

Camila Hey, I'm new to this group and I'm a huge Buffy fan! My Dad started renting the Buffy series over the summer hoping the show would be good for a family TV night. The show was a hit and all of us were hooked! I was too young when the shows were originally out on TV so we're having fun watching the reruns from Netflix. It's pretty nice not having to wait for each episode to come out!

I'm on season 6 right now so please no spoilers on this thread! Thanks! = D We watched the episode where they all burst into song like a musical. What did you think of it? I thought it was pretty funny seeing everyone singing but the plot has gotten pretty dull over the last few episodes.

Once we've finished the Buffy series I think I'll be pretty sad. I can imagine it was a bit like Harry Potter for the people who watched it during the time it was out! I'll watch Angel when I'm done and see if that show is any good. It'll at least give me something to watch that feels a little like our "Buffy Night" ; )

message 2: by Marc (new)

Marc (authorguy) | 83 comments We did the same thing. My boss turned me on to Buffy, he and I were both philosophy majors with computers skills, and he thought I'd like it. Lots of people in our office do, so I borrowed the whole series from them and watched the whole thing in one Buffy Summer with my family. Every night we'd see two episodes, except at the end when we saw the last eight episodes in one stretch. Season 6 is a very unusual season.

If you liked the musical, have you seen Dr. Horrible on the web? Another Whedon project, also a musical story. Very good.

message 3: by Camila (last edited Jan 05, 2009 07:58PM) (new)

Camila Yeah, I really liked the musical ; ) I think I liked it too much because I've seen it 5 times now and have all the songs stuck in my head! (My sister's singing the mustard song to me right now, actually...) I think I've heard about Dr. Horrible somewhere but haven't seen it :) Thanks!

I agree about the unusualness. Not sure if its a good think or a bad thing! There've definatily been some really good episodes but it's not all what I've expected. The musical and invisible episodes were very fun and different. :) But the nerd guys are really annoying, and please don't tell me they are in the entire season! ; )

message 4: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) Also, don't forget about Firefly. When you've finished Buffy and Angel, there is more Whedon to enjoy out there. And some people feel that Firefly is his best series to date.

message 5: by Marc (new)

Marc (authorguy) | 83 comments And the Serenity movie, too.

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 44 comments I have the CD of "Once more with Feeling" so I know all the words to all the songs. The DVD too, there is an option to do a singalong in the special features

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

So late on this but I'm all about the "Once more... also love that demon!

message 8: by Camila (new)

Camila Yeah, the demon was great! I loved the tap dancing. :) I'm so obsessed with that episode! ..seen it way too many times ; D I need to get that CD! haha ; D It's not on Itunes, though.. grr.

message 9: by Marc (new)

Marc (authorguy) | 83 comments Get Dr. Horrible. No tap dancing but a lot of fun regardless.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I have watched every joss weden show and i am hopping to watch Doll house

message 11: by Camila (new)

Camila ----Happy Valentine's Day Everyone----

I finished the Buffy series today!!! :( It's all done-- I can't believe it! No more late night Buffy episodes... It's so sad! This kinda feels like it did when Harry Potter was over (but not nearly as bad) ; ) Guess I should watch Angel now even though I really don't like him ; ) (He's too dull of a character. I liked Spike better ;). )

There was just so much depth to the show, I don't know if we'll be able to find another one like it. Thanks so much to everyone who went into making it! :)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

spike was definetly better than angle

message 13: by Marc (new)

Marc (authorguy) | 83 comments He reappears in season 5 of Angel, which is many respects the best. I actually liked the first 4 seasons, but they turn very dark. Season 5 is almost a restart of the series, much lighter in tone.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

huh... wait what season is season 5 compared to Buffy???

message 15: by Marc (new)

Marc (authorguy) | 83 comments Buffy season 7 was equivalent to Angel season 4. So Spike died in Buffy, and they shifted the character over to Angel because he was so popular.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

how did he come back

message 17: by Marc (new)

Marc (authorguy) | 83 comments The crystal necklace he was wearing came back to W&H. When Angel took it out of the envelope Spike mysteriously reconstituted, but initially only as a ghost. He didn't get a body until several episodes later.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

o
it sounds kinda like the ring thing

message 19: by Bill (new)

Bill | 55 comments Mod
Camila wrote: "----Happy Valentine's Day Everyone----

I finished the Buffy series today!!! :( It's all done-- I can't believe it! No more late night Buffy episodes... It's so sad! This kinda feels like it did wh..."

We know the feeling, Camila. My wife and I watched the entire series on DVD, all at once, episode by episode. We hadn't been fans of the series from the beginning, only catching an episode here and there. But once all the DVDs were out, we blasted through them.

We didn't watch the last disc or two of the last season because we didn't want it to end. But we relented.

Glad you liked the series. Glad you're here! Please feel free to share your thoughts with all of us.

Cheers,

Bill