The Lazarus Project The Lazarus Project discussion

Disappointed with the book

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Skip After reading the jacket I was very interested in reading the book. However I felt the jacket did not truly represent the nature of the book. I was extremely interested in tracing Lazarus's path backwards in Eastern Europe. I felt the author's treatment was minimal. He is a talented writer, but after completing the book I felt there was something missing.

Allison I absolutely agree. I would have liked to learn more about either the Lazarus story OR the narrator's life story. However, the combination of the two was not very well done in my opinion.

message 3: by sologdin (last edited Nov 27, 2011 02:05PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

sologdin there could've been more, sure. but i also considered the novel to be more concerned with being an immigrant to the united states than with the chisanau pogrom.

the novel also appeared to be fully resolved, for me, anyway, when the narrator came to a conclusion regarding his wife.

Geoffrey I read this book and I don´t recall a single thing about it. In my notes I put a black dot adjacent to the title which is a reminder to myself not to read anything else by the author.