BookMooch discussion

please

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:03PM) (new)

Stephanie Tuell (booksloveme) i need to bring my ratio down. it is currently 2.8:1. and with the talk of changing the ratio limit from 5:1 to 2:1, i need to mail out some books. i'm currently lising a bunch of books, so please take a look.

http://bookmooch.com/m/bio/dastephan6

message 2: by Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:04PM) (new)

Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (hugbandit7) do you think they will do it anytime soon? my ratio is fine...for now. I'll check out your shelf and see if there is anything I need to add to my ever expanding TBR pile!

message 3: by Stephanie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:05PM) (new)

Stephanie Tuell (booksloveme) i was reading about it in the new section. it looks like it might a go. but we won't know until after january as the person who runs the site is on vacation until then.

message 4: by Bree (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:08PM) (new)

Bree (coffeebeanbookshelf) The nice thing about the 2:1 ratio, which I didn't realize before was that if you send internationally (which you say you do 1/month), you get credited for the book 3 times...so your ratio will go down. Though that part isn't working quite yet, it seems (at least, it's not working on my ratio, and doesn't seem to be on others that I've looked at). But, right now my ratio is 1.5:1, but once it's working, my ratio will actually be 0.5:1 because I've sent 2 books internationally. It took me a while to figure this one out, lol.

So, right now you're sitting at 3:1, but when the international part starts working, you'll have a ratio of 2.14:1 and if you send another one internationally, it'll drop to 1.5:1. As long as you send at least 1 book internationally for every 3 you mooch, you should be able to keep under the 2:1 ratio easily.

Does that make sense? I was opposed to the idea of the 2:1 ratio, but once I realized that it was BETTER for me (I pretty much HAVE to send internationally, because there aren't many Canadian moochers, besides that it costs less to send to the US than within Canada), I was OK with it. :)

message 5: by Stephanie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:09PM) (new)

Stephanie Tuell (booksloveme) the international ratio thing will be working as soon as the owner figures out how to do the ratio. i'm trying my best to keep my ratio down, but i just read so fast that i am always looking for more books. and no one seems to want to request any of mine. :(

Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (hugbandit7) I've sent 4 books internationally and it has helped my ratio and I'm not 0.57:1 (or something like that). Problem is the books I want aren't on the site. not that I need more books right now, have enough in my TBR pile!

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Tuell (booksloveme) what kind of books are you looking for?

message 8: by Eva (new)

Eva Leger (EvaMarie22) You're ratios are all so low! LOL I tried to watch when I first started and I made a plan of giving two books for every one I sent but that didn't work out. Like someone above said- I read way too fast and was too many books even though I do get a ton of mooches. Plus I like to have a lot of books at home to choose from- I have at least 300 books that I browse between when I go to read something and I like it like that. Hopefully the new ratio won't affect me too much but I do send international a lot- just sent 13 to the Netherlands actually so I'm sure that helped. LOL