Short Story Contests discussion

Daily Short Short story > Daily short short story Day 27

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arthur, Live a little Give a lot (new)

Arthur | 554 comments Mod
These are stories that are ALWAYS less than 75 words. Today's topic is Window. The rules are flexible in this. You may write your story to be a really short mystery or about glass-covered openings letting in light. Or someone could say it was the display in a store window, or a place to exchange information, or experienced a rain coming in or a window screen. It can be anything

message 2: by Arthur, Live a little Give a lot (new)

Arthur | 554 comments Mod
I see out a window and am no longer prejudice no more seeing in the dark. But first I dumped paint onto the cat. Just a little on his tail. He jumped so and wagged in a hurry. He didn’t notice save for the noisy thump the paint had made as it hit the floor. He never minded his tail. I grabbed him and washed the paint off the hairs of his tail. He scratched and bit me! Ungrateful cat! I stepped in the paint puddle while reaching him to save him from getting in it more. I could have put him in the wash too!

message 3: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 311 comments Nice!

message 4: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune lol funny! I know how that is. My cats can be like that too!

I look through the window out onto the street. It's twilight, and the setting sun has thrown a blanket of golden orange over everything. I sit and wonder, as I do so many times of the day (and night for that matter) when my love will be coming home. I sigh, and almost turn away, when a dark unfamiliar car pulls up. I shade my eyes, trying to see who it is past the glare of the setting sun. I gasp. Then scream. Immediately, without a second thought, I throw myself at the door, and run out. I barrel into the tall dark haired man like a football player, only more desperate and happy. Tears are streaming down my face.
"You're home!" I exclaim, hardly able to speak I am so happy.
He doesn't answer. He just kisses me.