The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Gilmore Girls Discussions > What about Luke Danes? (Aliens in America)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Blanca (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:03PM) (new)

Blanca | 26 comments This is a quick note becuase I've noticed that there have been postings on Sookie and Christopher sightings and comments devoted to Jess and Kirk, but nothing about our favorite, surly coffee shop owner in the totally adorable, Aliens in America? Scott Patterson in a comedy made me nervous to watch, but he's really settled into his role. If you've seen it from the beginning of the series, he had a horrible mid-western accent that seemed hokey and has now lost. Good! There is more character development in our former coffee guy as a middle-class and slightly clueless but lovable dad. I still haven't watched Samantha Who?, but am glad that these two can be enjoyed again on tv.

message 2: by Shannon, the founder of fun (back from sabbatical) (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:03PM) (new)

Shannon | 254 comments Mod
I think I caught the show once and wasn't enjoying Scott in the new role, but I didn't really give the show much of a shot. Now that everything is in REPEATS I might give it a looksie.

message 3: by Amy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:03PM) (new)

Amy | 74 comments I was flipping through the channels and came upon this show. What made me stop flipping through the channels was the sight of Scott Patterson in a Packers shirt. Be still my heart! ; ) I love that the show takes place in Wisconsin. Amy Pietz is a Sconnie and she sure knows how to lay on the accent. You betcha. It's so nice to see Scott Patterson on tv, especially when he's in Packer or Badger gear. He can visit Wisconsin, preferably River Falls, any time he wants! ; )

message 4: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:03PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) There actually is a Luke thread somewhere. I haven't seen the new show though.

message 5: by Blanca (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:04PM) (new)

Blanca | 26 comments I love Amy Pietz too - she was my favorite character in Caroline in the City, way back when.