*Best Friends 4 Ever* discussion

28 views
Issues > Can you believe it?

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jamie ellen (new)

jamie ellen (jellen525) i was hired to help a hotel. i called the elevator for guests that were Jewish because it was tha Sabbath and they can't use electricity. i am also a Jew but i don't follow so strictly. anyway, today the hotel asked me to open the guests doors instead. Someone comes along and asks if i Jewish and i said yes, thinking nothing of it. well guess what! Jews are not allowed to help each other in such a way during the Sabbath.(i'm suppoded to work for 11 hours) they sent me home after working only 6 hours. i am a minor (14), but my mom is my employer so they made an exception. they sent me home because i'm jewish! that is illegal and immoral. i understand that they have a businesses to run, but still.

what are your thoughts on this matter and have any experience with this please share.


message 2: by *Ridi*, ***Group Founder*** (new)

*Ridi* (SelDemiFan96) | 627 comments Mod
uh...huh.....ummm..srry I don't get it...Can you explain it a bit better...I get tht you work at hotel and in Sabbath you can't use electricity and your also Jewish but how does opening a door violate your religion?Also uh how did you help sumone?...was tht when you called the elevator? Uh...why did they send you home?...also how is tht illegal and immoral?....I'm not saying tht your wrong but I just don't understand..


message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyamazingxx) wow jamie, that must've sucked. i would hate tht and probably woulda complained to the manager


message 4: by jamie ellen (new)

jamie ellen (jellen525) ok i'll start over. i don't follow Judaism as strictly as the guests do. part of their religion is that they can't use electricity. i am also jewish so i can't open doors for them because i'm also supposed to not use electricity. this in only on the Sabbath (saturday's). my job was to push the elevator buttons for people who can't walk up the steps to get to their rooms and can't push the buttons. this week i was supposed to open doors (they are mechanical) but i'm supposedly not allowed to open the doors, i didn't know that. my manager sent me home because i am a Jew and they guests said i couldn't open the doors for them and was therefor no use to the hotel. it is illegal to fire someone because of their religion... which they did! and it is plain wrong! my mom is basically the manger of my manager(aka she can fire my manager) my mom said that she is going to try to get the hotel to pay me for the time i was supposed to work because they fired me for being a Jew. is that better?

and yea it sucks! the guest who turned me in said, "trust me, you will be better for it." exactly that. how is getting fired going to help me!!!!!!!


message 5: by Sarahcorn (new)

Sarahcorn (the-meowing-unicorn) | 929 comments I'm sorry, that must be horrible!


message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyamazingxx) awww i feel bad now and i wanna kick that guest's a**!!! >:[
lol


message 7: by Sarahcorn (new)

Sarahcorn (the-meowing-unicorn) | 929 comments lol


message 8: by jamie ellen (new)

jamie ellen (jellen525) don't feel bad they owe me $72 and when i'm done with them they are going to give it to me.


message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyamazingxx) ok fine but i still wanna kick that guy's a**!! >:[
no one gets my friend fired and gets away with it!! lol love ya! lol


message 10: by Sarahcorn (new)

Sarahcorn (the-meowing-unicorn) | 929 comments lol =)


message 11: by jamie ellen (new)

jamie ellen (jellen525) love ya too!! and thanks, just tell me before hand i want to get it on tape! can you say youtube?? :P


message 12: by *Ridi*, ***Group Founder*** (last edited Jan 03, 2009 08:24PM) (new)

*Ridi* (SelDemiFan96) | 627 comments Mod
Jamie wrote: "ok i'll start over. i don't follow Judaism as strictly as the guests do. part of their religion is that they can't use electricity. i am also jewish so i can't open doors for them because i'm also ..."

THEY FIRED YOU?!!!....Now tht's just wrong..Okay so now I get it....How can they do tht?....I'm srry Jamie...I just thought tht they sent you home for tht day not FIRE you.... Ok so that IS wrong and immoral and I don't think tht's legal either maybe you can take them to court!


message 13: by *Ridi*, ***Group Founder*** (new)

*Ridi* (SelDemiFan96) | 627 comments Mod
Jamie wrote: "love ya too!! and thanks, just tell me before hand i want to get it on tape! can you say youtube?? :P"

lolz...Do you and Emily kno each other in real life?


message 14: by *Ridi*, ***Group Founder*** (new)

*Ridi* (SelDemiFan96) | 627 comments Mod
Emily wrote: "awww i feel bad now and i wanna kick that guest's a**!!! >:[
lol"


I'm with ya!.....lolz...



message 15: by Sarahcorn (new)

Sarahcorn (the-meowing-unicorn) | 929 comments Me too!


message 16: by *Ridi*, ***Group Founder*** (last edited Jan 03, 2009 08:53PM) (new)

*Ridi* (SelDemiFan96) | 627 comments Mod
I have a sort of similar situation:
Ok so this happened a while back like when I was 6. I think it was right after 911. So...My dad worked at limo company he drove limo's and cars around and he picked celebrities up from the airport of hotels and stuff and we all liked it becuz he got good money and he was home alot...We also got to take the limo out sumtimes and it was realli fun. ...So after 911 happened my dad's employer called tht same day just a couple of hours later and said my dad was fired becuz he is a Muslim!...My dad's other friend who is also Muslim called abt an hour later saying tht he was fired 2!...We thought that that was not a good thing...We aren't bad and my dad has NEVER even owned a gun! Just becuz we are Muslim doesn't mean we are terrorists...My dad's boss said tht he realli liked my father and he was a good driver..one of his best! also he never had a problem before so why should 911 change ANYTHING!It wasn't my dad's fault it's not like he was in on the attack!......His boss said tht he needed to be safe and couldn't keep them!....I would have EXPLODED in tears at the time if I was older at the time....I actually think abt it sumtimes and get pretty upset abt...


message 17: by Sarahcorn (new)

Sarahcorn (the-meowing-unicorn) | 929 comments I hate judgemental ppl


message 18: by Sarahcorn (new)

Sarahcorn (the-meowing-unicorn) | 929 comments yeah, that still sucks!


message 19: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyamazingxx) Jamie wrote: "love ya too!! and thanks, just tell me before hand i want to get it on tape! can you say youtube?? :P"

haha yay! that'll really get the money for us lol more than they'd paid u! lol


message 20: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyamazingxx) *Ridi* wrote: "Jamie wrote: "love ya too!! and thanks, just tell me before hand i want to get it on tape! can you say youtube?? :P"

lolz...Do you and Emily kno each other in real life?"


yepppppp :]


message 21: by Sarahcorn (new)

Sarahcorn (the-meowing-unicorn) | 929 comments Cool!


message 22: by jamie ellen (new)

jamie ellen (jellen525) *Ridi* wrote: "Jamie wrote: "ok i'll start over. i don't follow Judaism as strictly as the guests do. part of their religion is that they can't use electricity. i am also jewish so i can't open doors for them bec..."

i can't, my mom works there and i don't want her to get fired... if i sued them my mom would have to deal with it and it would be like sueing my mom... and right now were are on good terms and i kinda want to keep it that way


message 23: by jamie ellen (new)

jamie ellen (jellen525) *Ridi* wrote: "I have a sort of similar situation:
Ok so this happened a while back like when I was 6. I think it was right after 911. So...My dad worked at limo company he drove limo's and cars around and he pic..."


omg, how can people do that!!! it is so wrong! don't people feel bad about at least? i just don't understand how people can do this. it is all so wrong. if it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger so next time this happens cause a commotion! yell and scream! do something anything it is our right and we are going to take it!


message 24: by *Ridi*, ***Group Founder*** (new)

*Ridi* (SelDemiFan96) | 627 comments Mod
Uh...my dad isn't like tht but now he is the general manager of like 5 Wendy's stores...He gets like 3 thousand a month now....But if tht was me I would have done sumthin becuz he is a citizen...he took the test!


message 25: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyamazingxx) *Ridi* wrote: "I have a sort of similar situation:
Ok so this happened a while back like when I was 6. I think it was right after 911. So...My dad worked at limo company he drove limo's and cars around and he pic..."


wow..that's terrible. i would hate to be in that situation.


message 26: by *Ridi*, ***Group Founder*** (new)

*Ridi* (SelDemiFan96) | 627 comments Mod
I kno right.....


message 27: by jamie ellen (new)

jamie ellen (jellen525) i'm not going to say problem solved but....

i got a call from my manager who appologized, it took two messages to get it all in. she said that she would pay me for the full amount of time i was supposed to work! also she asked me if i want to work on other days... i only work when needed. normally i would walk away, but at the moment i'm saving up for something, the future to be exact. they are paying me $12 and hour which is not something i would like to pass up at the moment. i hope i never have another problem like this, but if i do at least i know how to handle it.

discrimination doesn't just come from other races and religions and genders. don't ever let people tell you that you can't do something because of that reason. stand up for yourself or a friend.


message 28: by jamie ellen (new)

jamie ellen (jellen525) i'm not going to say problem solved but....

i got a call from my manager who appologized, it took two messages to get it all in. she said that she would pay me for the full amount of time i was supposed to work! also she asked me if i want to work on other days... i only work when needed. normally i would walk away, but at the moment i'm saving up for something, the future to be exact. they are paying me $12 and hour which is not something i would like to pass up at the moment. i hope i never have another problem like this, but if i do at least i know how to handle it.

discrimination doesn't just come from other races and religions and genders. don't ever let people tell you that you can't do something because of that reason. stand up for yourself or a friend.


message 29: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyamazingxx) yay!!

and that last 2-3 lines ("discrimination doesn't just come from other races and religions and genders. don't ever let people tell you that you can't do something because of that reason. stand up for yourself or a friend.") was deep Jam ((jaim? lol i dunno how to spell it tht way lol))




message 30: by jamie ellen (new)

jamie ellen (jellen525) jaim... at least thats the way it sounds.


message 31: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyamazingxx) okey dokey. it's only cuz ur spelliing is different lol


message 32: by *Ridi*, ***Group Founder*** (new)

*Ridi* (SelDemiFan96) | 627 comments Mod
HEY PEOPLE...


message 33: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Widya (nica88) | 275 comments hey Ridi!
Whats up?


message 34: by jamie ellen (new)

jamie ellen (jellen525) not much, how about you??


message 35: by *Ridi*, ***Group Founder*** (new)

*Ridi* (SelDemiFan96) | 627 comments Mod
Nuthin...Gotta do my H.W though!!...UGH!!
But mii math is easy...Pythagorean Therom here I come!


message 36: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Widya (nica88) | 275 comments lol


message 37: by *Ridi*, ***Group Founder*** (new)

*Ridi* (SelDemiFan96) | 627 comments Mod
MAN I HAVE EXAMS ON WED.!!!...UGH!!!! ...THE MADNESS!


message 38: by *Ridi*, ***Group Founder*** (new)

*Ridi* (SelDemiFan96) | 627 comments Mod
I DNT WANT THEM!!!....Who does?


back to top