CIRCLE OF FRIENDS discussion

Welcome

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patty (new)

Patty (pattyb31) | 29 comments Mod
Welcome everyone to my circle of friends. Bring your books, your discussions and some wine. This should be fun...no?

message 2: by Berrak (new)

Berrak (berrakdc) | 1 comments Yes, yes it should :)

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahcb1208) | 3 comments I think so. :)

message 4: by Soren (new)

Soren (sorenj) | 3 comments yes yes :)

message 5: by Angeles (new)

Angeles (angelesw) | 2 comments WOOT!

message 6: by Notameangirl (new)

Notameangirl | 14 comments Can't wait! Tell me guys... do you like your books fluffy or deep?

message 7: by Patty (new)

DEEP Notameangirl

message 8: by Notameangirl (new)

Notameangirl | 14 comments Topsurf wrote: "DEEP Notameangirl"

HEheh. I like deep sometimes but usually when I read its to rest my brain. I like em fluffy and fun!

message 9: by Patty (new)

reads maybe ONE fluff book a year. I love to learn, give me the juice for my brain.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahcb1208) | 3 comments Notameangirl wrote: "Can't wait! Tell me guys... do you like your books fluffy or deep?"

Depends on your definition on fluffy and/or deep, actually. I love a good love story, but I'm not a big fan of in-depth novels that last forever, unless it's a series, or if it's something like Gone With the Wind.

Susan (LotusHips) | 4 comments I like both! I'm equal opportunity when it comes to most books so when I finally get my list of books up many of you are gonna say "She reads that trash??" I look at it like a cleansing of the brain palate between heavy books!

message 12: by Laura (new)

Laura (pritcharddesign) | 7 comments I like deep...rarely read fluff. Humorous, yes, fluff, no. :)

message 13: by Yoon (new)

Yoon (yoonamaniac) | 2 comments I can't say cause I don't know what fluff means.

Susan (LotusHips) | 4 comments Fluff means books that do not typically have a deep subject or plot. They are almost always fiction and quite often equated with romance novels but can be found in other genres as well. Fluff books are sometimes called "beach reads", which mean you can read them on vacation and not have to think too much (if at all).

message 15: by citizen janey (new)

citizen janey (citizenjaney) | 2 comments Gije wrote: "depends on the mood i am in, i was a english major, so i had my fill of deep books... I love Fluff, something i can escape and don't have to think and analyze it... "

Exactly. While I will periodically grab something of substance to read (which ironically, is what I'm doing now), more often than not, it's something with very little redeeming social impact or value. I'm probably the primary reason Jackie Collins is still writing away.

Susan (LotusHips) | 4 comments Here's a fun website for the members who do like fluff in the guise of romance novels :) http://www.smartbitchestrashybooks.co...

message 17: by Jigme (new)

Jigme Datse (JigmeDatse) | 15 comments I read a wide variety of things, everything from computer manuals to children's books. I find I rarely get enough time to read what's on my "too read" pile beside my bed, and that more and more books get piled there. For example I started re-reading "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" but other books caught my interest, and I'm not sure I'll be reading it any more before I decide that I need a really "good" reading break. Though I'm not sure about that. Somehow I just couldn't get into it, and sometimes I read my own stream of conciousness writing, but that's not that common, I just inflict it on other people.

Jigme Datse