Happy & Brainy Group discussion

Kudos to Goodreads

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ilyn (last edited Jan 03, 2009 04:27AM) (new)

Ilyn Ross (Ilyn_Ross) | 1071 comments Mod
Goodreads is a boon to a struggling self-published author like me. Thank you, Goodreads.

Please share why you enjoy Goodreads. What other functionalities would you want to see in this site? Any other wish list?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Since joining goodreads I have read quite a few books that I would probably never have found to read before joining. The recommendations are great the only problem being that often I have too many to possibly keep up!

message 3: by Ilyn (new)

Hello Canary.

message 4: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) I am finding a lot of new books to think about. I am getting so many good book recommendations in my groups and from my friends. I also like the writing aspect of GR. I feel like I can write anytime I want to. It has allowed me a group where I am writing a story online, as well as other groups about writing. What more could you ask from a website? I love it. I hope it was okay to mention a little bit about the group, Ilyn. If not, I am very sorry.

message 5: by Ilyn (last edited Mar 18, 2009 05:57PM) (new)

Hello Randi. Please do mention about the group and about precocious Brit. I visit often though I don't comment all the time. I wish you all the best. Good fortune on your book.

Best regards.

message 6: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 4 comments For me goodreads has been brilliantly helpful in getting me to read outside my 'comfort zone' both through users recommendations and through the book club groups I've joined. I also love the fact that users can upload their own writing and get the publicity that they need to get recognition for their work and talent.

message 7: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Ellis | 8 comments Meeting people from around the globe has proved to be an unexpected geography lesson for me when I look up some of the unheard of to me places where folks live!
:)
Sharon

message 8: by Ilyn (new)

Hello Sam and Sharon. Welcome to Happy & Brainy. Thanks for joining us.

message 9: by Debra (new)

Debra | 1 comments I like that I can look at all the reviews before deciding on buying a book or not, especially when I'm on the fence about a book. I think it has saved me a lot of money not buying a book that doesn't sound very good in the reviews. Also like that I can keep track of the books I do have because I always end up buying the same book a couple of times and get so aggravated with myself.

message 10: by Ilyn (new)

Hello Debra. Hi everyone.

message 11: by Marsha (new)

Marsha I really love the ability to keep track of all of my books - especially since I don't have shelf room for them all so many of them are stacked underneath my son's bed! I also enjoy finding new book recommendations and seeing what others thought of books that I have read. One problem I have discovered though is that my "Wish List/To Read List" has gotten so big, I'm not sure I will ever catch up with it!

message 12: by Ilyn (new)

Hello Marsha.

message 13: by Fenixbird (new)

Fenixbird SandS | 4 comments Goodreads is the opposite of a "glitsy" social site..but I have been happy to learn there are alot of writers & readers all over!!

Being able to read many other peoples' reviews of a new book I hear about is extraordinary, with the click of a mouse, in the wee hours of the night/ morning!

Kudos to Goodreads!

message 14: by Master Melvin M. (last edited Dec 07, 2017 05:26AM) (new)

Master Melvin M.  Lusterio (aionheaven) | 12 comments Ilyn wrote: "Goodreads is a boon to a struggling self-published author like me. Thank you, Goodreads.

Please share why you enjoy Goodreads. What other functionalities would you want to see in this site? Any ot..."

Goodreads make Me happy , more success Goodreads! Alleluia! Amen! 😇