Let's Discuss our Writing! discussion

Have a Healthy, Happy, and Prosperous 2009

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ilyn (new)

Ilyn Ross (Ilyn_Ross) | 4 comments Happy New Year

message 2: by Kayli 500 (new)

Kayli 500 | 266 comments Mod
same. what's everyone looking forward to this year?

message 3: by Angela (new)

Angela | 3 comments I am looking forward to streamlining my life...and maybe my body...LOL!

message 4: by Madysen (new)

Madysen (Vaiyala) | 4 comments Happy New Year, everyone! My only goal right now is to lose weight and finish the novel I started on. =P I'm up to chapter three!

message 5: by Kayli 500 (new)

i'm looking forward to being a good friend to people so they understand me. they can at least understand I'm shy and have a hard time starting conversations. I need a best friend and a good friend. I feel left out when they have conversations and I don't know what they're talking about. I feel like I don't fit in with them. one of my friends is giving people my phone number without my permission. one other friend just today is telling me I shouldn't always sit with her and her friends because I don't engage in with the conversation. they tell me I can sit with other friends. it's like they expect me to be perfect.

message 6: by Madysen (new)

Madysen (Vaiyala) | 4 comments Aww. *hugs* Well, you don't have to worry about any of that here. ^^ We don't expect or want you to be perfect and we're all pretty much really good friends!

I hope things go well with you and your friends at school! Try to talk to them and let them know how you feel about this. =D

message 7: by Ilyn (new)

Ilyn Ross (Ilyn_Ross) | 4 comments Hello Kayli, Angela, Madysen, and Everyone. Kayli, I hope you will find good school friends.

message 8: by Madysen (new)

Madysen (Vaiyala) | 4 comments Hi Ilyn. ^^

message 9: by Ilyn (new)

Ilyn Ross (Ilyn_Ross) | 4 comments Hi Madysen. Nice to meet you. Good fortune on your writing.

message 10: by Angela (new)

Angela | 3 comments Kayli+Ricky Twilight Lover + Weird Al Rocks wrote: "i'm looking forward to being a good friend to people so they understand me. they can at least understand I'm shy and have a hard time starting conversations. I need a best friend and a good friend...."

Oh, my! I know how you feel. I've felt the same way.

Your problem isn't you trying to be a better friend. It's who you are friends with. You need to find people who love and accept you as you are with what you're willing to give or withhold. That means you need someone who understands you are shy, you are sometimes quiet, and that's okay. You'll talk and share when you feel comfortable. I'm that way, too, and it took YEARS before I found someone who could understand and accept my basic nature.

Maybe we're kindred spirits. If you need a good friend, I am here (at least online). And hopefully, you'll find offline friends too who understand and appreciate you for being you!

message 11: by Kayli 500 (new)

thanks Angela