Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia Eat, Pray, Love discussion

Not done!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm not finished yet, but am loving the writer's style and voice. It makes me wonder if getting on a jetplane and traveling to opposite ends of the world could truly help me find happiness.

message 2: by Susan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:03PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan The audio edition is fantastic because it is her own voice and it's soothing to hear.

message 3: by Amanda (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:05PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amanda I think that Gilbert got on the plane with a plan and some ideas about why she was going to these three places. It wasn't necessarily about finding happiness, I felt it was more adjusting to the unexpected directions her life had taken.

Since you aren't done yet, I won't say too much, but I found the first section to be the most satisfying. India was interesting but by Indonesia I was wishing someone would sit Gilbert down and say, "Liz, darling, not so much self-congratulation, please."

Jeannette I saw a talk she gave about this book on the internet. It was interesting to see her mannerisms. She has a lot of nervous and tense energy and it helped explain her constantly changing life. She cannot stand or be still and peaceful, though she had a lot of interesting observations. She also said she was getting married again, which sort of surprised me.

I am at the end of the India section now and I find myself asking how long I would last washing floors in an ashram. Not long. I think it would be more interesting to explore the art and culture of a new country. I imagine she would see more of God's intention there.