Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

The Black Dragons
This topic is about The Black Dragons
Christian fiction > The Black Dragons - Revolutionary War (inspirational) Novel

Comments (showing 1-2 of 2) (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Richard Hackett Jr (rhack) | 18 comments I recently released my historical fiction novel THE BLACK DRAGONS

This book was based in the late 1700's just prior to the American Revolutionary war with England, with a clear and strong Christian message and appropriate for all Christian readers. This book was an absolute joy to write.

Here is one reader review that I thought captured the story beautifully:

"Just like people, there are times when we prejudge a book, only to be completely surprised by it once we read it. The Black Dragons was NOT a shallow “pirate” novel for young boys as the book cover first led me to think; instead it was about a very deep and special journey that two unlikely friends are forced to take when they are caught up in the politics of nations vying for control of the American Colonies and the Caribbean Islands. Although filled with action and surprising twists, the author also carefully wove into the story the values of loyalty and friendship in the face of hatred and prejudice and he displayed the beauty, power and value of a man’s character, something that seems to be a fading quality in today’s youth. The story of these men will encourage, challenge, and inspire you as you cheer for them, fear for them, and weep with them (not all of the tears or sad ones). It is a great book for all ages and all genders..."

Let me know if you are interested and I will provide you with a discount coupon code for Smashwords.com. My webpage for more information on my other works is: http://www.rhackettjr.com.

Thank you for your consideration!

message 2: by Brenda (new) - added it

Brenda Knight | 137 comments Richard wrote: "I recently released my historical fiction novel THE BLACK DRAGONS

This book was based in the late 1700's just prior to the American Revolutionary war with England, with a clear and strong Christia..."

I would really like to read "Black Dragons". Could you send me the smashwords coupon code in a private message here on goodreads? (My regular email is giving me fits again. It's not working properly.)
I would appreciate it very much and I'll be sure to post a review after reading. Thanks.

unread topics | mark unread