Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Eileen Wilks?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela, Moderatrix (new)

Pamela (teacupfangirl) | 614 comments Mod
I read and enjoyed her story in the On The Prowl series, but was kind of annoyed to find out that the story is a cliffhanger leading into another book, I assume in her Lupi series.

So, since I liked that story, I kind of want to read the series. Where should I start? Has anyone else read the books? What did you think?

CJ - It's only a Paper Moon (bookewyrm) | 57 comments I liked her story too...I'd be interested in any suggestions too.

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I haven't read them, but I too was interested because of that anthology and I looked up her booklist. This is what I found.

"Only Human" in the Lover Beware anthology
Tempting Danger
"Originally Human" in the Cravings anthology
Mortal Danger
Blood Lines
"Inhuman" in the On the Prowl anthology
Night Season
Mortal Sins

I was warned that this is a series that must be read in order. Not sure where that tidbit came from, but the list has been sitting her forever because I haven't wanted to go searching for that first anthology. I usually don't read them, so even getting On the Prowl was unusual for me. But see what happens? They want you to fall for other author's series!!! It works!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I've read a few, not a raving fangirl. As I recall the novella was good tho. Might try the library, try new authors for free...those with musical inclinations can imagine that line to Money for Nothing by Sultans Of Swing.

message 5: by Pamela, Moderatrix (new)

Pamela (teacupfangirl) | 614 comments Mod
Thanks for the list, Melissa!

message 6: by Theresa (new)

Theresa  (TSorrels) I've read all of her books, but only one of the short stories (in On the Prowl). I really like her books for her diverse and creative world-setting and interesting characters. However, I have heard some people don't like her stories...?

I would highly recommend her books being read in order. As I've only read one of the short stories, I don't think they are imperative to read, but then again, since I haven't read them, perhaps I don't know what I'm missing out on?

message 7: by Gail (new)

Gail | 110 comments I really like Eileen. I also like her books. I've been a fan since she was still writing series romance. I like her Lupi series, some of them more than others, but I've enjoyed them all, including the stories. I think I've read the first and the last one...somehow I missed the Cravings anthology... Hmm. May have to go track that down... I don't think I missed anything by not reading it tho. I need to find out when her next book is coming out...

message 8: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 65 comments I like all of Eileen Wilks books. I may have missed some of the short stories but I have all of her Lupi books.

message 9: by Theresa (new)

Theresa  (TSorrels) Gail, Mortal Sins is the next book in the series. It is being released on Feb 3rd.

message 10: by Aelin (new)

Aelin (aelinsilverpine) | 5 comments Eileen's books definitely need to be read in order. I haven't read the novellas, but the books are awesome -- if leaning more toward urban fantasy than romance. The worldbuilding is superb and the characters fascinating... although I will mention that the first book is the weakest of the series and reads much more "traditional" paranormal. The following books, she really hits her stride and makes it her own.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Mortal Sins (other topics)