You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

New Found Land: Lewis and Clark's Voyage of Discovery
This topic is about New Found Land
Closed Discussion Topic > June's Group Themed Read - New Found Land

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Come June, this is the place to discuss New Found Land: Lewis & Clark's Voyage of Discovery. Feel free to start reading now - and come here to discuss the book (and to earn a badge for your wall).

Note - we will *not* avoid spoilers in any of these discussions!

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) It's June, and time to start the discussion! I have this book next up on my nightstand and am looking forward to it.

It's in my library as Juvenile, and while looking for it, I happened to find Lewis and Clark and Me: A Dog's Tale which is an amazing book from the point-of-view of the dog. Gracefully written, authentically educational, with stunning photos, for all ages. My husband and my teen son were both blown away by it, too.

So, have any of you done other arm-chair or real-life exploration of the voyage of Lewis & Clark?

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) I had to give up on this. I hope someone is enjoying it.

Here's my review - but don't read it unless/until you've decided not to read the book.
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 4: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8108 comments Oh Cheryl, that is so frustrating. When I read your review, I completely lost interest after the part about "taking liberties with facts and also molding characters' personalities to suit the narrative". I actually got a bit mad - I like to think I'm learning actual history with books like this.

message 5: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Exactly. Argh.

message 6: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) No badges for this one.

You'll love this one...!! A book club & more

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

New Found Land: Lewis and Clark's Voyage of Discovery (other topics)
Lewis and Clark and Me: A Dog's Tale (other topics)