Deb 6. Play Dirty - Sandra Brown

message 5: by Deb (new)

Deb 7. Kissing Coffins
8. The Yiddish Policement's Union

message 6: by Deb (new)

Deb 9. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
10. Murder at the Library of Congress

message 7: by Mary Todd (new)

Mary Todd (marytodd) | 924 comments Yeah, Deb! You have 10!

message 8: by Deb (last edited Feb 03, 2009 04:15PM) (new)

Deb 11. The Secret Garden

Thanks Mary Todd I hope I can keep up the pace!!

message 9: by Mary Todd (new)

Mary Todd (marytodd) | 924 comments Go, Deb!

message 10: by Deb (new)

Deb 12. Blashphemy - Douglas Preston

message 11: by Deb (last edited Feb 23, 2009 05:06PM) (new)

Deb 13. Second Summer Sisterhood Traveling Pants - fun light read laughed tugged at my heart strings

14. Forbidden Daughter - read for bookclub this month - Set in India a journey of a young mother in a country where she has very little rights and is fighting for the right to bear her unborn child and keep her family alive.

15. Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons - I liked this short story. Now I really want to see the movie.

message 12: by Aprile (new)

Aprile (aprileb) I loved the Traveling Pants series :)

message 13: by Deb (last edited Feb 23, 2009 05:09PM) (new)

Deb 16. Fearless Fourteen - Another GREAT Stephanie Plum mystery! I love the characters and she makes me laugh and I need to laugh more!

17. Forest of the Pygmies - my least favorite of her books.

18. Season of the Witch - I finished this late at night and was afraid to turn off the lights!

message 14: by Deb (new)

Deb 19. Coraline

message 15: by Deb (new)

Deb 20. Daughter of Time

message 16: by Deb (new)

Deb 21. City of Night - Dean Koontz

message 17: by Deb (new)

Deb 22. Dissolution

message 18: by Deb (new)

Deb 23. Kabul Beauty School

message 19: by Deb (new)

Deb 24. Are You There God It's Me Margaret

message 20: by Deb (new)

Deb 25. Prodigal Summer

message 21: by Mary Todd (new)

Mary Todd (marytodd) | 924 comments Prodigal Summer is my favorite book right after To Kill a Mockingbird!

message 22: by Alycia (new)

Alycia (alyciac) Haven't read the Traveling Pants series yet ... would it be good for advanced readers of 10 and 11 years old? Or is it really more of a teenage read?

message 23: by Aprile (new)

Aprile (aprileb) Alycia wrote: "Haven't read the Traveling Pants series yet ... would it be good for advanced readers of 10 and 11 years old? Or is it really more of a teenage read? "

The first one would be okay. I mean they are not bad but they do get into sex and things of that nature, so I guess it would depend on what you think is okay for them to read. The books say 12+

message 24: by Deb (new)

Deb Mary Todd wrote: "Prodigal Summer is my favorite book right after To Kill a Mockingbird!"

I really liked Prodigal Summer also - Kingslover's discpritions of nature were so poetic. I immediatley felt a connection with each of her characters - I laughed and cried with each of them.

message 25: by Deb (new)

Deb Alycia wrote: "Haven't read the Traveling Pants series yet ... would it be good for advanced readers of 10 and 11 years old? Or is it really more of a teenage read? "

I have nieces 10 years old and I told my sister the same thing Aprile said - just depends on how advanced they are and how much they know about being 16 year old girls and all the things the can encounter!

message 26: by Deb (new)

Deb 26. Children of the Night

message 27: by Mary Todd (new)

Mary Todd (marytodd) | 924 comments

Congrats on 25!

message 28: by Deb (new)

Deb 27. Dead Wrong
28. Uglies

message 29: by Deb (new)

Deb 29. Vampire Academy

message 30: by Deb (new)

Deb 30. The Summoning - Kelley Armstong

message 31: by Deb (new)

Deb 31. To Sheild to Queen
32. Absolute Fear

message 32: by Deb (new)

Deb 33. Stone Cold

message 33: by Deb (new)

Deb 34. The Mephisto Club

message 34: by Deb (new)

Deb 35. The Lost City of Z

message 35: by Aprile (new)

Aprile (aprileb) I wasn't a huge fan of the Vampire Academy book, however the series gets better with each book!

Are you going to continue the series? What about the Uglies series?

message 36: by Deb (new)

Deb Aprile wrote: "I wasn't a huge fan of the Vampire Academy book, however the series gets better with each book!

Are you going to continue the series? What about the Uglies series?"

I wasn't going to continue on with the Vampire Academy but I will read on since you said they get better. Right now I am re-reading New Moon and can't put it down! I can hardly wait to read the next two in that series! Uglies I do plan on reading the whole series. Sometimes when I put a little distance between series books I stay alittle more interested.

message 37: by Deb (new)

Deb 36. The Camel Club

message 38: by Deb (new)

Deb Not counting this one but I just finished New Moon for the second time! I liked it more this time around! Loved the scenes in Italy with the Volterra - I hope the movie lives up to my expectations - which are high!

message 39: by Deb (new)

Deb 37. Lost Souls by Lisa Jackson

message 40: by Deb (new)

Deb 38. Tunnels by Roderick Gordon & Brian Williams

message 41: by Deb (new)

Deb 39. Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah - I immediatley connected with the characters; I could relate to the time frame I was teenager in the 70's - the book made me laugh and cry!

40. The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe - I had very high hopes for this book and have to admit I was alittle disappointed in the story -- not enough suspense and I wanted more exploration of the house and the book!!

message 42: by Deb (new)

Deb 41. Finger Lickin Fifteen by Janet Evanovich - another funny, sexy adventure for Stephanie - a little disapointing at the end but who cares Janet always makes me laugh!

message 43: by Deb (new)

Deb 42. Duma Key by Stephen King - I loved this book; supernatural ghost story; always with weird twists!

message 44: by Deb (new)

Deb 43. The Big House by George Howe Colt - I think I would have appreciated this book more if my family had a summer home - I just could not relate to the Boston life style.

message 45: by Deb (new)

Deb 44. The Swallows of Kabul by Yasmina Khadra

message 46: by Deb (new)

Deb 45. The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen - a great medical thriller; complex characters and story line - couldn't put it down!

message 47: by Deb (new)

Deb 46. Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

message 48: by Deb (new)

Deb 47. The Reader by Bernhard Schlink an unputdownable book; this story will stay with me for a very long time. Now I need to see the movie.

message 49: by Deb (new)

Deb 48. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer - my favorite of the series.

message 50: by Deb (new)

Deb 49. Dracula Un-Dead

« previous 1