Children's Books discussion

Specific Books & Authors > Captain Underpants

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 10 comments I'd read that the new Captain Underpants adventure, The Terrifying Return of Tippy Tinkletrousers, was due for release on December 30th, 2008. However, no sign of it, and when I checked Amazon.com a few minutes ago, the title appeared to have been completely removed. Similarly, I know Dav Pilkey was palnning 2 new Ricky Riccota books (The Naughty Nightcrawlers from Neptune and the Unpleasant Penguins of Pluto) as well as a Super Diaper Baby sequel, but no sign of them either. Anyone with any information on why there are no sign of these books, and why Pilkey's website hasn't been updated for a long time? Thanks in advance.

message 2: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 10 comments Thanks! At least my son (and I) aren't the only ones desperate for Tippy Tinkletrousers to come out already!

message 3: by Ronda (new)

Ronda (thebookdragon) Dang it. Now I too am anxious for Tippy Tinkletrousers to make an appearance. I just hope I don't refer to "a new Capt. Underpants book" to my students--b/c then I'll get 30 questions a day--"Is it here? Is it here? Is it here?" :D

message 4: by Pam (new)

Pam ☼Because Someone Must Be a Thorn☼ Tee (pam_t) | 41 comments May 29th -- just in time for Summer!!!!!

message 5: by Julie (new)

Julie S. Dav Pikley wrote another book. The Adventures of Ook and Gluk, Kung-Fu Cavemen from the Future

This is a story about two caveboys. The story is set up like it is told by George and Harold from the Captain Underpants series. As someone who read The Captain Underpants books, I found this to be a funny reminder.