Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > In group "online" notifier?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by whichwaydidshego? (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:02PM) (new)

whichwaydidshego? (whichwaydidshego) | 33 comments Hmmm... is there any way to show who is online within a group? Of not for all, then for the moderators? It'd be helpful!

Thanks for considering, Otis. Oh, and I hated to ask before my other request is done so as not to overload, but I was afraid I'd forget!

message 2: by Lisa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:02PM) (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments You can make them all your friends, then if you go to the top of the page and click friends, it will first show the ones online and inform you that they're online. Would work for moderators but not sure how many people are in your group and whether it's feasible to all friend each other.

message 3: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:04PM) (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
We're definitely hoping to add better sorting tools for group members - thanks for the suggestion!

message 4: by whichwaydidshego? (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:07PM) (new)

whichwaydidshego? (whichwaydidshego) | 33 comments There are 198 people in my group to date, so not really feasible to add them all. It'd just be great to have on the main page where you have the last 12 online if you could have the little red listing for if they are currently online.

I was thinking of this feature because we want to have "live" chats. Having this feature - at least for moderators - would help facilitate this. Thanks for looking into it.

message 5: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:09PM) (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
We're hoping to have a big group release this week which should include an online now status.