Relaxing Fun discussion

music > Artists you don't listen to

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) well, i thought saying, "artists you HATE" would be mean so i decided to go with artists that you don't listen to very much. also no critisizing

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica  (JessicaAFrank) | 257 comments Mod
Which ones do you not like, Yui? I can't think of any off-hand. I don't listen to much country music, except Johnny Cash, The Dixie Chicks (rarely) and a few songs by others.

jess

message 3: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) i think Vanessa Carlton or Rihanna. They sing weird-ish.

message 4: by Dallas (new)

Dallas | 79 comments Mod
I don't listen to Rihanna either. I don't really get her appeal. Others I don't listen to: The Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus.

message 5: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) i don't know much about them; but the only thing i know is that Miley Cyrus is in a TV show called Hannah Montana. I only have one friend that has their CDs and that's how i know who they are.

message 6: by Jessica (new)

I don't listen to any of your "don't listen to"s, Yui or Dallas. I cross most genres in my listening pleasures, but not that far.

message 7: by Elena (new)

Elena | 31 comments I don't listen to country music (not popular here anyway) but otherwise, I'd listen to most stuff and have music on at most times. I even have to be updated and know the latest MTV idols to keep up with mu pupils at school- They are amazed when they realize that an 'old woman' like me knows who The Jonas Brothers are! :)

message 8: by Jessica (new)

I listen to some hip hop, Aratrika, but not a lot of it lately. Mostly, I listen to a few artists, the Sugarhill Gang, some Snoop Dogg, Mary J Blige...just depends. I used to listen to a lot of rap and hip hop.

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Aratrika, I like alternative but I never know who to try. I just enjoy listening to it when others play it...and with my great memory, I forget who it is immediately.

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 13 comments Steally Dan...yuk!

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jennifer wrote: "Steally Dan...yuk!"

I can't help but agree...

message 12: by Marts (new)

Marts  (Thinker) (thinkersutopia) | 12 comments Hip hop, rap, R&B, I don't know anything about those genres just a few hits maybe, even though most of those around me listen to them.

GIVE ME ALTERNATIVE!!

...and some rock...

...and some punk...

...and that 80's pop stuff...

message 13: by Dallas (new)

Dallas | 79 comments Mod
I don't listen to artists that shriek and whine. For example, Beyonce.

message 14: by Carole (new)

Carole B (caroleaburkett) Hey now, if you're going to hate on Steely Dan, at least spell it right. I say this on the part of Steely Dan fans not present, because I cannot count myself in that number, but I think spelling is hardly an undue respect to any musical group.
And I don't listen to any pop or rap by choice, but my sister listens to them all the time and it drives me CRAZY!!!

message 15: by Jessica (new)

Thinker wrote: "Hip hop, rap, R&B, I don't know anything about those genres just a few hits maybe, even though most of those around me listen to them.

GIVE ME ALTERNATIVE!!

...and some rock...

...and some..."

What do you like, Thinker?

message 16: by Jessica (new)

Dallas wrote: "I don't listen to artists that shriek and whine. For example, Beyonce. "

Never thought of Beyonce as shrieking. Who else would you consider as shrieking and whining?

message 17: by Dallas (last edited Jan 16, 2009 09:49AM) (new)

Dallas | 79 comments Mod
I think it must have something to do with watching her perform. She gives me a headache with her 'dance' moves that look like convulsions. She does a fair amount of shrieking, though.

Mariah Carey shrieks instead of singing. I used to like her in the beginning, but now she has to throw in too many trademark squeals.

message 18: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) Yeah and also Leona Lewis

message 19: by Sarahcorn (new)

Sarahcorn (the-meowing-unicorn) | 14 comments I don't like Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, and any types of heavy metal

message 20: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) who's demi laovato?

message 21: by Sarahcorn (new)

Sarahcorn (the-meowing-unicorn) | 14 comments She starred in the movie Camp Rock

message 22: by Jessica (new)

Dallas wrote: "I think it must have something to do with watching her perform. She gives me a headache with her 'dance' moves that look like convulsions. She does a fair amount of shrieking, though.

Mariah C..."

Mariah Carey does that thing with her voice--the way it wobbles deliberately when she holds the high notes. Make sense?

I definitely agree she shrieks.

message 23: by Jessica (new)

Yui wrote: "Yeah and also Leona Lewis"

Who? Apparently, I don't know many shrieky artists since a lot of them mentioned, I never heard of.

message 24: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) Well, she's not really shrieking, but she's like moaning in the middle of the song. Instead of saying "ooh" she's saying "ughhh" and it's really weird. she sings bleeding love.

message 25: by Jessica (new)

Yui wrote: "Well, she's not really shrieking, but she's like moaning in the middle of the song. Instead of saying "ooh" she's saying "ughhh" and it's really weird. she sings bleeding love."

Who are you referring to, Yui?

message 26: by Yui (last edited Jan 20, 2009 03:15PM) (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) sorry, i was talking about Leona Lewis to you, Jessica.

message 27: by Dallas (new)

Dallas | 79 comments Mod
I'm a closet Leona Lewis fan. Yep, I said it. "Keep bleeding, I keep keep bleeding, love..."

message 28: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) it's not a bad song, and i hear it on the radio all the time

message 29: by Dallas (new)

Dallas | 79 comments Mod
I like "Better in Time" best, but it was played too much as well. She has a good voice and I hope she does some more atypical music on her second album.

message 30: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) oh! i love that song!

message 31: by Yui (last edited Jan 21, 2009 02:53PM) (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) i like walk away by kelly clarkson

message 32: by Dallas (new)

Dallas | 79 comments Mod
I used to ignore Taylor Swift. Now I really like her. "Love Story" is very mainstream, but I still love it~

message 33: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) yes!!!! i know!!!!!!!! taylor swift rocks but i used to hate her! now i am a huge fan...

message 34: by Dallas (new)

Dallas | 79 comments Mod
Yea!!! All the songs on her new one are good! I like "Tell Me Why" and "Hey Stephen"

message 35: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu | 26 comments J'adore Steely Dan.

message 36: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) Steely Dan is my dad's favorite

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

any rap you can't spell crap without rap!

message 38: by Dallas (new)

Dallas | 79 comments Mod
lol. Good one, Bell

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

thank you. I fdidn't make it up though...