Anne Rice's Vampires discussion

Who's your favorite vampire?

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 01, 2009 03:00PM) (new)

Personally, my favorite is Lestat. I love his evil ways and diablical way of thinking. x]

message 2: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Hulst (KimberlyHulst) | 7 comments Lindsay wrote: "Personally, my favorite is Lestat. I love his evil ways and diablical way of thinking. x]"
I have to second that. That is Anne Rice's baby. She wouldn't have written him the way she did if he wasn't meant to capture people's imagination.

message 3: by Carissa (new)

Carissa Thrush (aseashelltoyourear) | 1 comments I really love all of them. It would be so hard to pick a favorite. I think in each book she makes you side with a different vampire, like in the first, it was Louis, in the second, it was Lestat. I just love them all so much. I really love Marius though :D

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Nadine wrote: "I think Lestat, but I wonder if it's because he's the vamp who has been most developed by Rice. You can identify with him more.

But I love Armand, too.

Really, they're all great characters for ..."

I agree. I think what makes her writing so great is that each individual character has their own personal stories. It's fascinating.

message 5: by Diana (new)

Diana hernández (Daga) | 1 comments I love Armand

message 6: by Lorna (new)

Lorna I love Lestat above all the others, but Claudia and Pandora are both facinating characters!
Also, who was the Vampire that was both male and female...the name began with 'P'...? I think he/she was in Blackwood Farm...

message 7: by Lorna (new)

Lorna Petriona!

message 8: by Eli (new)

Eli Perez (preciousbug93) | 5 comments I personally love Lestat. His evil ways are so fascinating he is the badass vampire we have all come to know and love. His attitude is hilarious! But Marius is amazing too. His age and intelligence really captures me. If he were real and I met him I would want to know all that he has learned in his centuries of immortality.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Lestat, hands down. He's evil, manipulative and dangerous but he's also vulnerable and sometimes he's insecure, almost like a child.

message 10: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan (spacebrat) My favourite is also Lestat. But I really like Armand, Daniel, David, Marius and Nicolas too.
I just finished reading Blackwood Farm this week and I really liked the relationship between Quinn and Lestat, but now I don't know if I should read the next book because it sounds like there's more about Mona than Quinn - and Mona's not one of my favourites xD

message 11: by Denise (new)

Denise Rago (denisekrago) Probably Lestat and then Louis, both for very different reasons. Lestat is beautiful, dark and yet unable to let go of the mortal world which makes him vulnerable and complex. Louis searches for meaning to his immortal existence which allows him to keep his humanity, a theme I find fascinating.

message 12: by Laura (new)

Laura Salvatore | 1 comments I love Lestat !!!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Lestat, Marius, Armand and David.

message 14: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Barron | 1 comments Has to be Lestat

message 15: by Alessandra (new)

Alessandra Duarte (tocandolasraices) I will always and forever love Armand. (To me) He is the most enigmatic vampire, and it took Anne Rice a long time to fully develop his character. I love the duality of his nature, and the adventure his immortal life has been.

message 16: by Dan (new)

Dan (dan2345) | 5 comments Well, I think it's to easy to say Lestat. But which Lestat do you prefer? In Interview with the Vampire he's the Villain, and in the rest of the books he's the anti-hero. Well I guess next to Lestat, Louis is my favorite. He is the one that started it all. Marius is cool too. And Claudia, a child vampire is just really scary. LOL. I think I would have to read more of The Vampire Chronicles to further comment on this question.

message 17: by The Night Flower (last edited Dec 19, 2012 12:05PM) (new)

The Night Flower (thenightflower) | 3 comments I ♥ Marius. He's intelligent, funny and his childish temper I just find adorable. ^.^

The kinky bastard just does it for me. (^_^)b

message 18: by Dorian (new)

Dorian Jandreau (doriandejandreau) | 1 comments What is this question? Of course it is LESTAT and nobody else. :D

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Lestat!!

message 20: by Fatima (new)

Fatima Hojeij Louis!! the most human of them all

message 21: by Victor (new)

Victor (ace-geek) I would say Armand. He's been through so much and just handled everything better than Lestat.

message 22: by Faten (new)

Faten (faten_dova) louis!!
ilove his personality
i wish he was the main character of her books

message 23: by Lana (new)

Lana Lou (lialanalou) | 2 comments I really don't know. I feel most related to Marius. In my opinion, everything he does is so understandable. He didn't lose his human personality and temper during all the years which makes him just congenial.
Also, I love Louis so much. His thoughts and actions are so touching. He's my sad hero c':
Besides, I really liked the idea of those who didn't live an entire life before they died, like Claudia and Armand, though I must say that I liked Claudia so much more. Sometimes I just want to hug her for hours and tell her I'm sorry about what happened to her. :D

message 24: by Emma (new)

Emma I have to say Marius. He is patient, knowledgeable, wise, and he loves Lestat. Whenever I read him, in my head I see Christopher Lee. I imagine a very deep voice, a big man, slow and measured, a teacher. Ooh I'm going all gooey over him.....

message 25: by Denise (new)

Denise | 3 comments I have to say Lestat, of course, because he is the best! He is just so sassy and snarky and romantic and sexy.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Vampire Lestat from the Interview with the Vampire. Very dark, very evil. But I also like Louis from that book

message 27: by Augusta (new)

Augusta Leigh (augustaleigh) | 4 comments Denise wrote: "I have to say Lestat, of course, because he is the best! He is just so sassy and snarky and romantic and sexy."

Oh, Louie!

message 28: by Denise (new)

Denise | 3 comments Augusta wrote: "Denise wrote: "I have to say Lestat, of course, because he is the best! He is just so sassy and snarky and romantic and sexy."

Oh, Louie!"

Your favorite is Louis?

message 29: by Augusta (new)

Augusta Leigh (augustaleigh) | 4 comments Denise wrote: "Augusta wrote: "Denise wrote: "I have to say Lestat, of course, because he is the best! He is just so sassy and snarky and romantic and sexy."

Oh, Louie!"

Your favorite is Louis?"

Yes, he is one of my favorites, that comment was actually for the one right below yours from Bruno that talks about Louis. Although, I did intend for the "Oh, Louie" to be in an aristocratic and disapproving Lestat voice.
Also a fan of Armand, Claudia and also David Talbot.
So disappointed AR didn't bring Claudia back as a ghost in Prince Lestat. I mean if your bringing back vampires as ghosts why not go big!

message 30: by Denise (new)

Denise | 3 comments Augusta wrote: "Denise wrote: "Augusta wrote: "Denise wrote: "I have to say Lestat, of course, because he is the best! He is just so sassy and snarky and romantic and sexy."

Oh, Louie!"

Your favorite is Louis?"
..."

lol i love that! i could hear lestat say that in my head too xd
I didn't even think about Claudia while I am reading Prince Lestat. It's been so long since she's been mentioned. There might have been a small chance that Anne forgot about Claudia, but I agree with you. It would be interesting to see how Claudia would present herself as a ghost, the way she always wanted to look. Did you watch the movie Interview with a Vampire? If Claudia was a ghost I think she would look like a 20 something year old Kristen Dunst, I think is the actress's name, idk

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

"Did you watch the movie Interview with a Vampire?"

About the movie, I think Kirsten Dunst had her best performance in that movie. I did not like the participation of Antonio Banderas. The Vampire Armand is described as being from Eastern Europe, so I think he should have a more Slavic appearance. Besides, in the books, he was very young, maybe 15 or 16 years old. Banderas looks a lot older in the movie.

message 32: by Augusta (new)

Augusta Leigh (augustaleigh) | 4 comments Bruno wrote: ""Did you watch the movie Interview with a Vampire?"

About the movie, I think Kirsten Dunst had her best performance in that movie. I did not like the participation of Antonio Banderas. The Vampire..."

yes, i love the movie. i've seen it so many times. and unlike many, i read the book first! i really really loved antonio banderas in the movie. but mostly since he is adorable no matter what age he is!

message 33: by Augusta (new)

Augusta Leigh (augustaleigh) | 4 comments Denise wrote: "Augusta wrote: "Denise wrote: "Augusta wrote: "Denise wrote: "I have to say Lestat, of course, because he is the best! He is just so sassy and snarky and romantic and sexy."

Oh, Louie!"

Your favo..."

oh good point, she would definitely want to be older than 5. unless she was going for creepy little girl ghost. have you read cat's cradle by vonnegut? many things in prince lestat reminded me of ice 9.