Writer's Paradise discussion

Prompts > Musical prompts

Comments Showing 1-50 of 157 (157 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Kenzie, Help feed the hungry. Donate to 30 Hour Famine! (last edited Jan 01, 2009 12:13PM) (new)

Kenzie | 1305 comments Mod
Do any of you ever find a song that sparks writing?

I've never really found one that 'sparked' it, but I've heard songs that fit my writing.

Here's a place to post songs that you find inspirational.

message 2: by Seth (new)

Seth (NinjaaaaaofWritingbooks) | 464 comments Hands on Me by Vannessa Carlton

message 3: by Mimi (new)

Mimi (Mimibird) pretty much anything by Within Temptation and Evanescence i can somehow twist so it would fit to a story, lol

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Hands on me, I like that song!

I think Angels by David Archuleta might have sparked something . . . but I can't be too sure.

But there was this one song somewhere I heard that totally sparked the Fyre trilogy. I can't remember what it was though . . . Well I guess there may have been a lot of different songs that sparked it.

Brigid ✩ Cool Ninja Sharpshooter ✩ | 1015 comments Hmmm ... I don't really get inspired by music, but sometimes a song will work w/one of my stories, and it will become the "theme song" for that story. ^^ lol

message 6: by Madeline (last edited Jan 15, 2009 06:39PM) (new)

Madeline i have a theme song for meself: No Rain by Blind Melon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYlAwv...
writing wise ... i would have to think about that for a while because i have a lot of good songs for that

Kjersti but you can call me Captain | 250 comments Unwritten is basically my theme song for life. Running song, writing song, you name it. That song gets me PUMPED UP!

the chorus is: "staring at the blank page before you open up the dirty window and let the sun illuminate the words that you can not find reaching for something in the distance so close you can almost taste it release your inhibitions feel the rain on your skin no one else can do it for you only you can let it in no one else no one else can feel the rain on your skin, treat yourself in words unspoken, live your life with arms wide open today is where your book begins and the rest is still unwritten."

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah that works for me too!

message 9: by Madeline (last edited Jan 15, 2009 06:43PM) (new)

Madeline Ghost Town and Ricochet! by shiny toy guns are good ones to get you 'excited'
and even tho the name of the band has guns in it they are not like hard rock people :P

Ghost Town - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBbyIT...
Ricochet! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Rm8o...

message 10: by Lela (new)

Lela | 47 comments nice band name, lol.

I like Goodnight and Go - Imogen Heap. I like all the Imogen Heap i've heard. It's a quieter band (or at least what i've heard is) that you can play in the background and still think.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I luv Imogen Heap. They're awesomeness!

message 12: by Lela (new)

Lela | 47 comments aren't they though? i luv them too!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I love music like that, it's just inspirational. Like instrumental music, you can just imagine what would happen to people with this music describing it. It helps me write, a lot.

message 14: by Lela (new)

Lela | 47 comments totally! You rock! We rock! Imogen Heap Rocks!

Brigid ✩ Cool Ninja Sharpshooter ✩ | 1015 comments ooh Imogen Heap is awesome!!! ><
I love the song Speeding Cars. *chills!!!*

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (Ephona) Just A Dream by Carrie Underwood

message 17: by Roni, Bigfoot makes an excellent character (new)

Roni (V_A_B) | 727 comments Mod
Big Yellow Taxi by Counting Crows

message 18: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Mother Nature's Son by the Beatles was what gave me the idea for Outcast! XD Lyrics for the song:

Born a poor young country boy--Mother Nature's son
All day long I'm sitting singing songs for everyone.

Sit beside a mountain stream--see her waters rise
Listen to the pretty sound of music as she flies.

Find me in my field of grass--Mother Nature's son
Swaying daises sing a lazy song beneath the sun.

Mother Nature's son.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (Ephona) Oh! The musical inspiration for one of my books!

Desert Rose by Sting

message 20: by Mimi (new)

Mimi (Mimibird) stand my ground by within temptation is one of my theme songs! XD im listening to it now

message 21: by Roni, Bigfoot makes an excellent character (new)

Meanwhile I'm listening to the non-inspirational All Alone by the Gorillaz (I ♥ them!!! their music is amazing!!!)

Brigid ✩ Cool Ninja Sharpshooter ✩ | 1015 comments My theme song for Soul Stealer is Bring Me to Life by Evanescence
and I decided that my theme song for Reborn is Build You Up by Nelly Furtado ><

message 23: by Roni, Bigfoot makes an excellent character (new)

Also un-inspirationsal (though this might have to do with the fact that I'm currently writing about a crazy man rather than the song): Amazing Grace. Oh yeah, I have it on my ipod. :D

message 24: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin There are many theme songs for Hunted...Animal I've Become by Three Days Grace, Wreckless Love by Alicia Keys, Your Eyes Don't Lie by David Archuleta.

For Star Soul, the theme song is Another Day in Paradise (David Archuleta sang it on American Idol...)

For Outcast, like I've already said, Mother Nature's Son by The Beatles...Also, Apologize by Timbaland.

message 25: by Mimi (new)

Mimi (Mimibird) XD threee days grace!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Angels by David Archuleta

message 27: by Elaine (last edited Jan 03, 2009 09:25AM) (new)

Elaine (Caladhiel) | 1020 comments Hmmm, well I don't know if there has been any songs that have "sparked" a story (though there could very well have been), but I know that I love to listen to music while I write. I doesn't really matter what genre, so long as it "sets the mood" for the scene. I love finding music that goes to a story of mine (like themesongs) and many situations and emotions have been inspired by songs. I also like putting my charaters "into" a song and seeing how they act. This helps, even if that exact situation is not in the story, to further the character development. Does that make sense?

I really enjoy listening to Within Temptation (yes, Michelle (message 3), you can use their songs in so many ways)!

message 28: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (Taleoflostink) | 1367 comments songs for me are fences by paramore, you found me by the fray, and Live your life by TI

some really random and different songs...lol

Kjersti but you can call me Captain | 250 comments I love alternative music. Hahahahaha, so yeah, I listen to mainstream (<3 counting crows, Timbaland, the Fray, Five For Fighting, Toby Keith).

BUT They Might Be Giants, Troika, The SoundProof Quartet, CrazyHorse, Blueman Group, and Jon Bon Jovi are also amzing.

TRY LISTENING TO ELECTRONICA WHILE YOU WORK!!! CRAZYHORSE IS A KILLER ELECTRONICA BAND, LOOK THEM UP ON FACEBOOK!!!

message 30: by Madeline (last edited Jan 15, 2009 06:44PM) (new)

Madeline All American Rejects are amazing. their songs show a new perspective on things like their song Breakin' thats on the new cd When the World Comes Down. here my fav part of that song also part of the chorus:
"Breaking’s what the heart is for"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDa-jj...

message 31: by Mimi (new)

Mimi (Mimibird) ooh, deep

message 32: by Madeline (new)

Madeline lol sorta the new cd is really good. i like it better than the last one

message 33: by Mimi (new)

Mimi (Mimibird) ill remember that...

message 34: by Madeline (new)

Madeline wow i did not know that *shakes head at government lack of response*

message 35: by Mimi (new)

Mimi (Mimibird) seriously! thats just... yeah

Kjersti but you can call me Captain | 250 comments All American Rejects are good.

Bon Jovi has awesome lyrics. My favourites are:

"Love ain't love it's just another four letter word."

and

"This is the story of my life
And I write it everyday.
I know it isn't black and white
And it's anything but grey.
I know that no I'm not
alright, but I feel ok cos
Anything can, everything can happen
That's the story of my life."

message 37: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments I love Unwritten too! Another fav is White Houses by Vanessa Carlton... idk why.

message 38: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Cali wrote: "Angels by David Archuleta"

what story was inspired by that, cali?

Kjersti but you can call me Captain | 250 comments I love White flag, I don't remember who it's by though. Oh and that new one by Pink, it's like Rock star or something. The chorus "Is I'm gonna get in trouble, I'm gonna start a fight."

message 40: by Paige (last edited Jan 03, 2009 07:47PM) (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments It's So What, and it's an awesome song

"Nanananananana
Nananananana
Nanananananana
Nananananana

I guess I just lost my husband
I don't know where he went
So I'm gonna drink my money
I'm not gonna pay his rent (Nope)

I got a brand new attitude
And I'm gonna wear it tonight
I wanna get in trouble
I wanna start a fight

Nanananananana
I wanna start a fight
Nanananananana
I wanna start a fight

Chorus:

So so what
I'm still a rock star
I got my rock moves
And I don't need you
And guess what
I'm havin' more fun
And now that we're done
I'm gonna show you

Tonight
I'm alright
I'm just fine
And you're a tool, so
So what
I am a rock star
I got my rock moves
And I don't want you tonight

The waiter just took my table
And gave it to Jessica Simp (Shit)
I guess I'll go sit with tomboy
At least I'll know how to hit

(What if their songs on the radio
That somebody's gonna die)?
I'm gonna get in trouble
My ex'll start a fight

Nanananananana
He's gonna start a fight
Nanananananana
We're all gonna get in a fight

So so what
I'm still a rock star
I got my rock moves
And I don't need you
And guess what
I'm havin' more fun
And now that we're done
I'm gonna show you

Tonight
I'm alright
I'm just fine
And you're a tool, so
So what
I am a rock star
I got my rock moves

You weren't there
You never were
You weren't at all
But that's not fair

I gave you life
I gave my all
You weren't there
You let me fall

So so what
I'm still a rock star
I got my rock moves
And I don't need you
And guess what
I'm havin' more fun
And now that we're done (We're done)
I'm gonna show you

Tonight
I'm alright (I'm alright)
I'm just fine (I'm just fine)
And you're a tool, so (So)
So what
I am a rock star
I got my rock moves
(I don't want you tonight)

No no, no no
I don't want you tonight

You weren't there (I'm gonna show you)
I'm gonna show you
Tonight
I'm alright
I'm just fine
And you're a tool, so
So what
I am a rock star
I got my rock moves

Badadadadada!"

Kjersti but you can call me Captain | 250 comments YES!!! XOMG I LOVE THAT SONG!!!

message 42: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments It's really good huh? U+ Ur Hand Tonight, also by P!nk, is awesome too. :D

Brigid ✩ Cool Ninja Sharpshooter ✩ | 1015 comments Kjersti but you can call me Captain wrote: "I love White flag, I don't remember who it's by though. Oh and that new one by Pink, it's like Rock star or something. The chorus "Is I'm gonna get in trouble, I'm gonna start a fight.""

White Flag is by Dido ((luv that song!!! ><))

Brigid ✩ Cool Ninja Sharpshooter ✩ | 1015 comments oh and i luv p!nk too. she rocks. ^^

message 45: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments she's wickedly sick! (in the good way)

message 46: by Madeline (last edited Jan 15, 2009 06:47PM) (new)

Madeline i adore Bon Jovi. i have almost every cd (maybe missing one). their new cd Lost HIghway is horrible though. very disappointing
i know none of you have probably heard of them unless you have satelite radio and listen to the rock channels ANYWAY Vayden is an amazing group. they have very cool songs
my favorites though i haven't listened to the whole album are One You Left Behind and Anthem of the Used

One You Left Behind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTEmEG...

Anthem of the Used: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Ss-k...

Kjersti but you can call me Captain | 250 comments *hugs Madeline* You are my new bestest friend. Yeah, lost highway wasn't so good; neither was this left feels right, I didn't like that one very much. I LOVED have a nice day though. and also Keep the Faith (albums)

message 48: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Have a nice day is a good song.

Kjersti but you can call me Captain | 250 comments Yeah, ik right? I really love "This Ain't a Love Song" and "As my guitar Lies Bleeding in My Arms."

message 50: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments haven't heard those ones.... i feel so dorkish!

« previous 1 3 4