Foo discussion

Role Play > The Roll Play

Comments Showing 1-50 of 123 (123 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Theophrastus Philippus Aureolus Bombastus (Reason) | 51 comments Mod
((Do not kill an OC or an NPC without consent from the creator of the character. Keep cursing to a minimun, (if used in abundance, please censor more than one letter); there are children on this site.))

Kumori lay on the grass outside of an inn, dozing peacefully there.

message 3: by Anne Kat (new)

Anne Kat Alexander (annekat) ((Put out-of-character (OOC) comments in double parenthesis))

message 4: by Anne Kat (last edited Jan 01, 2009 12:17PM) (new)

Anne Kat Alexander (annekat) Far above him, Skye was practicing her flight skills, Holly riding on her back. Skye was actually getting the hang of the whole flying thing.

She coasted down above a tree, turned, and her eyes burned emerald as her other gift kicked in.

Skye glided heavily out of the sky and straight into the side of the inn.

Kumori heard a thump. He looked up and saw a girl falling to the ground. What the- he thought as she landed feetfirst into his stomach.

"Augh!"

message 6: by Anne Kat (last edited Jan 01, 2009 04:27PM) (new)

Anne Kat Alexander (annekat) Skye hit the ground hard. She had seen some guy she had never seen freezing her. Skye had tried to manipulate fate so he DIDN'T freeze her, but she wasn't really sure if it had worked.

"That... hurt..." she muttered, and looked up. Her landing hadn't been nearly as hard as she thought it would, it was just the whole falling back onto the ground thing. She looked up. It was the freezing-guy from the future! With the weird bleached hair!!

"I doubt your fall hurt you more than it did me," he managed to wheeze. "Now please, stop crushing my intestines."

message 8: by Anne Kat (last edited Jan 01, 2009 04:32PM) (new)

Anne Kat Alexander (annekat) Skye jumped back. "Sorry. By the way, who are you, person I just fell out of the sky onto? And what's your gift, and why are you sleeping against an inn, and what is that rather scary looking stick thing!?"

Kumori grimaced as he drew himself into a sitting position.

"Kumori. And you are?"

message 10: by Anne Kat (last edited Jan 01, 2009 05:37PM) (new)

Anne Kat Alexander (annekat) "Skye," she said with a grin. "You don't bounce back from injury very well. And I had a few other questions. Sorry I'm so hyper right now... I haven't talked to another human-or similar- in...." Skye gazed off as she thought about it, "Hmm... I don't quite remember. A few years, at least."

"I have a few for you. Why did you ram into a building, for starters."

message 12: by Anne Kat (new)

Anne Kat Alexander (annekat) Skye flushed slightly. "I hit you, not the building," she muttered, "And it was an accident. And I asked first. You still haven't answered all of my questions," she said.

"...you haven't asked."

message 14: by Anne Kat (new)

Anne Kat Alexander (annekat) "I did, but as you have obviously forgotten, which is probably a little bit my fault for running into you and stuff, I asked why you were sleeping against an inn, and what that rather scary-looking stick-weapon-thing is."

message 15: by Theophrastus Philippus Aureolus Bombastus (last edited Jan 01, 2009 04:47PM) (new)

"Oh, you have?" he yawned. "I am sleeping against an inn because I like to lay on the grass in the shade on hot days like this. And this," he gestured to the stick, "is a a rather scary-looking stick-weapon. Also known as a staff."

message 16: by Anne Kat (last edited Jan 01, 2009 04:52PM) (new)

Anne Kat Alexander (annekat) Skye looked interested. "Why do you have a scary-looking stick-staff? If you are going to sleep against an inn, you obviously don't have anyone to defend yourself against. And it's not like you can kill anyone or anything like that."

"I'd rather not leave it unattended. It took me quite a while to build, so losing it would be quite bothersome."

message 18: by Anne Kat (new)

Anne Kat Alexander (annekat) "Why would it take so long? It's a carved stick. Or does it do something other than hit people?"

Kumori grabbed the staff, pointed the end, topped with three cylindrical containers on the end and pulled a small contraption on the shaft of the staff. A hole opened in the center of each barrel, revealing the water that was sloshing inside.

Suddenly, the water froze, forming a flower of ice.

"I can control how the water freezes," he said as the flower melted, reformed into a spear, melted again and retreated back into the containers. He closed the openings.

message 20: by Anne Kat (new)

Anne Kat Alexander (annekat) Skye stared. "AWESOME! I guess you're a freezer then. Wow, that thing's even more scary seeming now. So, why did you spend so much time on it? I mean, it's cool and all, and potentially useful, but why bother when you could probably just use a stick or something?"

Before he could answer, something small and furry fell off the roof of the inn directly onto his head and over his eyes.

"Holly!" Skye burst out laughing.

"Hello, hello," the sycophant said, "I hope you didn't miss me too much, and I doubt you did, because otherwise I would not be on top of someone, but you would have come and gotten me after you flung me onto the roof of an inn." Holly shot a reproachful glare at Skye.

Kumori sighed. This was quite an awkward day.

"Please get off of my face. Oh yes, I almost forgot, what's your name, She-Who-Throws-Sycophants-Onto-Rooftops?"

message 22: by Anne Kat (new)

Anne Kat Alexander (annekat) Skye flushed again. "Another accident," she muttered. "The name's Skye. Don't ask for my last name, I don't have one."

Holly stood up on Kumori's head. "Well, you did say please, so I guess I will get off your face." She casually jumped on top of Skye's head, where she promptly vanished.

"Thank you. My gift allows me to freeze things, so having water on hand is quite useful to me. It also provides me with drinking water."

message 24: by Anne Kat (new)

Anne Kat Alexander (annekat) "My gift's flying, which I'm pretty sure you could guess, since how else would I be in the sky? And I also... never mind," Skye ended hastily as Holly appeared on her back and poked her hard.

Kumori raised an eyebrow, "What, is this about your past life in reality?"

message 26: by Anne Kat (new)

Anne Kat Alexander (annekat) "Noo... not really, I guess," Skye said, looking down at her feet and flushing slightly as Holly hissed in her ear to shut up and/or change the subject.

"Alright. Well, keep your silence if you wish," Kumori shrugged.

message 28: by Anne Kat (last edited Jan 01, 2009 05:39PM) (new)

Anne Kat Alexander (annekat) Skye's blush deepened, and she bit her lip before blurting out, "I can see the future."

Holly appeared for a second to hit her over the head, then vanished again.

Skye ignored her sycophant. "And sometimes, I can change it. The future." She stared back at her feet.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Bree sneezed, over and over and over.

"Sorry," SHer sycophant said as if a question.

"What ever," Bree said shaking her head and sneezing again. "Are we there yet?"

"How waould I know?" The sycophant replied.

message 30: by Theophrastus Philippus Aureolus Bombastus (last edited Jan 02, 2009 09:10AM) (new)

Kumori raised his eyebrows.

"What's wrong with being an offing?"

Skye saw his dark eyes suddenly glow a myriad of colors, not unlike an aurora borealis.

A sudden gust blew a sheet of paper into Skye's face.

"I can do much more drastic things, but I don't feel the need for such an overdramatic display."

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

"Ugh," Bree said. "Well Ziggs do you at least know were we are?"

"Hmmmm, uh, wait, no, but," Ziggs was dissapearing and reappearing all over Bree, "No idea were we are."

"Ugh!" Bree groand, "Is there someone we can ask? Or aplace to stay?"

"Yes just keep walking we'll get there eventually."

Kumori pulled out a notebook and a pencil. Scratching sounds could be heard as he began to draw.

message 33: by Anne Kat (new)

Anne Kat Alexander (annekat) "You're an offing too. Awesome!" Skye said, sitting down on the grass with her arms around her knees. "I've been looking for another one. Holly told me..." Holly appeared and started to hit her again, but decided to hear out her burn, "...she told me that people would take advantage of my gift."

message 34: by Theophrastus Philippus Aureolus Bombastus (last edited Jan 02, 2009 05:58PM) (new)

Kumori put on a face of mock indignation. "And I, of all people, would try to abuse your powers?"

message 35: by Anne Kat (new)

Anne Kat Alexander (annekat) "Not you..." Skye was all red-faced again, staring at her feet. She was discovering her shoes were really quite interesting. "Evil people."

message 36: by Theophrastus Philippus Aureolus Bombastus (last edited Jan 02, 2009 06:40PM) (new)

Kumori raised his eyebrows. "Evil? How very... one-dimensional of you. If people were just purely 'good' and purely 'evil', then things wouldn't be interesting." He heard a shriek.

"What?"

((Somewhere in the forest))

Oh my god... where am I, Chloe Baker thought. She was just walking on a crooked sidewalk and jeering at the poor, homeless kids a few seconds ago...

What happened?

Suddenly, a strange, ratty creature appeared on her shoulder.

"Hi!"

She shrieked for all she was worth. She had to tell Father about this...

She whisked out her cell phone and began dialing, when a cloaked figure snatched it from her hand.

The figure gave a harsh, triumphant laugh as he bounded off deeper in the forest.

She shrieked again.

((Kumori))

"I don't think this is good sign..."

Kumori got up and ran towards the source of the scream.

message 37: by Anne Kat (new)

Anne Kat Alexander (annekat) Skye jumped up, thinking about what Kumori had said about the whole 'good-evil' thing. She supposed he was right... she hadn't really had all that much interaction with people in recent years, and when she was a little kid, it was a lot easier to call people 'good' or 'bad' than a mix. She had never really thought about people being more than that. When she was at the orphanage, she labeled Summer and River (everyone was given a name about nature when they came to the orphanage) 'good', because they were her friends. Ms. Redson was 'good' because she was nice to all the children. Everyone else was 'bad' because they were mean to her.

And then she had left the orphanage, and she had not talked to another person aside from the people working the cash registers ever since.

Skye shook her head-deciding to think about it later- and rushed into the forest after Kumori.

message 38: by Anne Kat (new)

Anne Kat Alexander (annekat) ((Chloe Baker))

"Hi! What's your name?! I'm Berry, I'm your new sycophant!! Welcome to Foo!! Please stop screaming!! Wanna cookie?" asked the furry thing on Chloe's head.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" Chloe screamed again.

"What, you don't want a cookie? How about a slice of cake?" the furry thing said.

"YOU ARE A TALKING FURRY THING!!! ON MY HEAD!!! OH MY GOD I AM HALLUCINATING!!! I HAVE TO BE!!!" Chloe shrieked.

"You are in Foo," the furry thing said, hopping off her head and onto a branch a few feet away but still at eye level. Her professor said that new nits liked you to be at eye level while you were speaking to you.

"I'M CALLING FATHER!!!" Chloe was about to pull her phone from her pocket, when she realized... SOME SCARY PERSON STOLE IT!!!

And, you guessed it, she shrieked again.

Berry suddenly realized why no other sycophant had shown up to claim this new nit as her eardrums began to throb.

message 39: by Theophrastus Philippus Aureolus Bombastus (last edited Jan 03, 2009 06:22PM) (new)

"What's wrong?" Kumori rushed into the site where Chloe Baker was.

"Some scary person stole my cell phone," she began to tremble.

Kumori was perplexed. Why would someone go after a cell phone... Oh no. Metal.

"Which way did he run?" he asked as Skye caught up.

This was quite a stressful day.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Bree stoped walking when she heard screraming, "Oh what fun."

"Im so glad you dont scream like that," Ziggs said, nose crinkling.

"Well arent you just so nice and sweet." Bree rolled her eyes and decided to walk to where the screaming person was.

message 41: by Anne Kat (new)

Anne Kat Alexander (annekat) "So, what's the problem? What's with the screaming?" Skye asked.
Chloe looked at Skye like she was dirt or something. Skye looked at her with the same kind of dislike.

Skye quickly decided that Chloe was a rich brat. 'Bad'.
She turned to Kumori. "What happened? I heard something about metal... what's wrong with metal?"

"You shall see."

Kumori quickly put his pencil and sketchbook away.

"Follow me!" he ordered as he raced in the indicated direction.

message 43: by Anne Kat (new)

Anne Kat Alexander (annekat) Skye stuck her tongue out behind Kumori's back. She did not appreciate people ordering her around. That was one of the reasons she had run away from the orphanage. But Kumori looked a little freaked out about the cell being stolen, so she decided to let it go. She looked back to Chloe, her loathing look mirrored on the blonde brat's face. "Well? Aren't you coming?" Skye asked.

Chloe looked shocked. "You mean like, run? I don't run. It makes me sweat. And sweating is for wimps."

Skye shook her head and sprinted after Kumori.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Bree came to a clearing just as to people were running away. She looked at the girl and sighed, this girl seemed to be rich and all the components of being rich.

message 45: by Theophrastus Philippus Aureolus Bombastus (last edited Jan 03, 2009 06:50PM) (new)

"You were rude behind my back, weren't you? Sorry, it's not in my nature to be commanding... but this is quite urgent..."

Kumori led Skye to a barren wasteland, near a huge crater. The cloaked man was there.

"Stop, Vizel!"

A the sound of his name, the man stopped and looked over. His eyes were still veiled by the vloak, but his wicked grin was evident.

"Kumori... how nice of you to drop by... I have errands to run, children. My friends will entertain you."

Kumori sighed as six cloaked men surrounded him and Skye.

"It seems that we will have to resort to violence."

((Chloe Baker))

"...Y-You're another one of those midieval-cosplaying queers, aren't you? What, are you going to chase after them for my cell phone, my sweet knight?" she screeched as Holly fruitlessly tried to calm her down.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

"Wow," Bree muttered to Ziggs.

"I think I ve got somthing in here that would help," Ziggs said digging in her void.

"No!" Bree said, "The girls got problems enough as it is!"

((Chloe Baker))

"I DON'T WANT YOUR PSYCHEDELIC DRUGS!!!" she ran in the direction of Skye and Kumori, sobbing.

message 48: by Anne Kat (new)

Anne Kat Alexander (annekat) Skye dropped into a defensive crouch. She was used to street fights. Ok, so she generally didn't usually fight 3 huge scary guys at a time, and they were armed and she wasn't... but she could fly, and she might be able to even manipulate the future.

It helped that Kumori looked like a pretty formidable fighter too, with the whole freezing thing and the staff-stick and the control over his gift.

And there was another person running up, who wasn't in a creepy cloak, so Skye counted her as on their side.

Skye started to like the odds more and more.

message 49: by Theophrastus Philippus Aureolus Bombastus (last edited Jan 03, 2009 07:07PM) (new)

"Gentlemen, couldn't we talk this out?" Kumori said.

All six raised their kilves towards Kumori in response.

"Very well then," he sighed as he created hundreds of ice projectiles in midair and hurled them towards two of the cloaked men.

message 50: by Anne Kat (new)

Anne Kat Alexander (annekat) The freaky cloaked guys attacked first, four of them jumping Kumori at once, one going for Chloe, one for Skye. Skye hated being underestimated like that, so she decided to show them she was not a wimp like Chloe.

As her attacker raised his faintly glowing stick weapon, Skye jumped up and grabbed the end. She quickly pulled it around as she added a bit of flying to her leap, making a wide arc over the attacker and landing behind him. She heard the crack of a broken wrist: he hadn't let go. Skye braced her back against the attacker and pulled the weapon from his grip. A quick spin and a crack over the head with the stick and he was out cold.

Chloe's attacker was a lot easier to take care of. Skye felt a little cocky after the easy defeat of the first cloaked guy, so she just tapped his shoulder. When he spun around, a quick punch to the head knocked him cold.

« previous 1 3