Crown Duel (Crown & Court #1-2) Crown Duel discussion

Similar Books?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zephyr (last edited May 15, 2012 08:55AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zephyr I loved the second half(book, - court duel). I liked Crown Duel but I loved Court. So, I want recommendations for that one. Her other book A Posse of Princesses is similar and was as good but a bit more lighter. Summers at Castle Auburn is another one I loved. I am already reading The Thief (The Queen's Thief, the Attolia books) which I have heard are similar. Starcrossed by Elizabeth C. Bunce was also like that. Any others I've missed? Sherwood Smith usually has political intrigue in her books, but I want ones focused on it.

message 2: by Ali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ali Sooo many! Check out my fantasy or absolute favorites shelves for some recommendations.

The Poison Study series is wonderful as is The Demon King, will list some other winners below:

The False Princess
Graceling
Fire
Bitterblue
Grave Mercy
Finnikin of the Rock
Daughter of the Forest
Froi of the Exiles
Slumber
Just to name a few! Good luck on your search and let me know if these work for you!

Zephyr I have read (or I plan to) everything except Slumber. Thanks! I didn't know about that.

And I will check out your shelf.

message 4: by Ali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ali Great! Let me know what you end up liking!

message 5: by Ashley (new) - added it

Ashley I've read half of Crown Duel, but wanted to check out what everyone else suggested. :) I'm also looking for books with feminist or strong girls/women for my group. So, suggestions for this I'll definitely have to look into.

Jennifer Davis Definitely read Graceling, Grave Mercy, Poison Study, and The Girl of Fire and Thornes.

And I agree, Crown Dual is amazing. I also like A Stranger to Command (goes with Crown Dual) and The Trouble with Kings.

message 7: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy Try Seraphina ( a great new twist on dragons) and Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers.

Kate Bullen What's quite funny is that I've read all of these books.
Try Stolen Songbird-don't be put off by the trolls.

message 9: by Anab (new)

Anab You could also try Sora's Quest. It's less political but still has the elements found in Crown Duel.

T. K. Elliott (Tiffany) Tamora Pierce's books - particularly the Tricksters duology. However, bear in mind that Trickster is the latest in a long line of books set in the same world, so you would probably miss some of the points about who is who, and who did what to whom, if you haven't read the earlier books.

If you want something a lot more complex (definitely adult rather than Young Adult), then The Complete Empire Trilogy: Daughter of the Empire, Mistress of the Empire, Servant of the Empire is fantastic. It's pretty much all political intrigue, with a female lead character.

Rebekah Troubled Waters A little more toward the adult side, but otherwise fairly similar in themes, I'd say. Young woman goes from obscurity to a high position in court.