Secret Speakers: Read & Rate It discussion

Read & Rate It > Winners of the Kindle contest announced...

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karey (new)

Karey (kareyshane) | 278 comments Mod
January 1, 2009: Congratulations are in order...I've really looked forward to announcing the winners for the first-ever Secret Speakers contest. Many of you have really gone out of your way to spread the word about this Secret Speakers: Read & Rate It event. There is no way it would be doing this well without your individual help. I feel truly humbled by your support and enthusiasm about something that has occupied so many waking--and comatose--hours these last several years.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

And now...the envelope please! In April, the following winners will receive an Amazon Kindle along with a FlipVideo camcorder:

1st Place: Sarah
2nd Place: Tera
3rd Place: Dawn

P.S. Aspen Garfield and "I Don't Care What You Think About Me" deserve special mention. They came in so close to third place, that they'll be a Kindle and FlipVideo, too!

message 2: by Tera (new)

Tera Karey I am so excited thank you... on the other hand I feel totally undeserving. It has been so fun and easy to spread the word about this book. I haven't finished yet (Holiday madness) But what I have read I have so enjoyed and have been having my son read it too. It's easy to pass the word along with something you really like. Once I started thinking about the different outlets that would appreciate this too it just started to flow. I hope your book does great and you know I'll still be dropping its name and yours for invites when and how I think of them.
Best of luck with this book and hopefully many more books to come.

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments Wow great job guys! You were fantastic! :D

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 26 comments Well, I just scared my husband to death by screaming! I am so thankful! I appreciated just getting to read the book, much less getting some goodies along the way!

Karey-

May your year be blessed and I know your book will sell many copies. In my opinion, it's the best book I've read and I hope there are many more to come! Let us know as soon as you write another! I have spread the word to so many and I hope that they believe the pleadings that I sent to please take the time to read it!

With love and thanks!

Dawn

message 5: by Karey (last edited Jan 04, 2009 06:49AM) (new)

It's been so fun for me to read your comments, all! I'm humbled, Dawn, that you said Secret Speakers is the best book you've ever read. Thanks to each one of you for your support and kind words. I took a trip up to my sister's family in Park City...a much needed break!

message 6: by Weldon (new)

Weldon (wilco64256) | 43 comments Park City? Wow that must have been absolutely freezing but also a lot of fun. The wind brought it down to 4 below in Spanish Fork today. (shivers)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments Lucky. It was about 47 degrees here.

message 8: by Karey (last edited Jan 05, 2009 06:57AM) (new)

Park City was freezing! 5 degrees and holding. But it was alright with me, since my sister and I hung out inside and then watched the movie Cyrano de Bergerac with Gerard Depardieu. Driving home was freezing, though. I couldn't get warm, even with the heat on full blast. Brrrr.

Aspen, Heber must have been a great place to grow up.

message 9: by Weldon (new)

Weldon (wilco64256) | 43 comments How entirely random. I just got back to work today after the Christmas break and have discovered that the new English teacher that I share a classroom with put up a big poster of that very movie.

message 10: by Karey (new)

Cyrano de Bergerac you mean? It's phenomenal. Definitely worth seeing. I hadn't seen it in years, and wondered why I don't make a tradition of watching it once a year.

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments You should see the Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I love it so much.

message 12: by Karey (new)

I plan on it. The story sounds delightful!

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments It is! It's pretty long, but I enjoyed every minute.

message 14: by Holli (new)

Holli I also loved that movie....the Bejamin Button movie. Just saw it Saturday and really enjoyed myself immensely!!

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments It was so emotional, sad, happy, funny, and alot of other things.

message 16: by The Book Posh (new)

The Book Posh What an awesome contest! Congratulations to the winners!

message 17: by Karey (new)

An update to the Kindle winners: I had to move the release date back to June because of some pretty serious setbacks with my physical challenges. I felt like Pinocchio when he was still a wooden boy, unable to move.

The good news is, look for your Kindle by mid-June! Books ship on June 9th, and the Kindle's will ship then, too.

message 18: by Karey (new)

It is 09.09.09 and I just ordered your Kindles, folks. It's about time! You'll have them for next week, and you'll find there's a little bonus included for you.

It's only 2:00 and I've already been working on the launch for eight hours. The next book better be a lot easier!

Lots of love and appreciation,

Karey

message 19: by Weldon (new)

Weldon (wilco64256) | 43 comments Happy 9/9/9 day everybody!

message 20: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 26 comments YAY! I cannot wait! Don't forget that I moved! I sent you the new address awhile back.

message 21: by Karey (last edited Sep 19, 2009 10:18AM) (new)

I've looked everywhere for who the fifth Kindle winner was. Whoever you are, you used to go by the name, "I don't care what you think about me."

My Mac address book disappeared when I synched it with my iPhone in May (lovely) so I've been going through everyone's addresses and can't find out who this person is! I think it's Hannah, but...

Help! I've got an extra Kindle sitting around and I need to know who to send it to. :D

message 22: by Sheila (new)

Sheila  | 15 comments Karey, in your first post on this thread you say that the winners are Sarah, Tera, Dawn, Aspen Garfield, and "I Don't Care What You Think About Me".

In response #3 someone now named Georgie K writes "OMgosh, no way! Thanks so much Karey". So that is one of the winners. Is Georgie K the one who was "I Don't Care"?

Or you can always send the extra Kindle to me, I wouldn't mind. :D (kidding!)

message 23: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 26 comments Karey... I got my Kindle today!!!!

message 24: by Karey (new)

Guess what Aspen...your Kindle came back, finally. I'll resend it to your new address this week!

And yes, Georgie K. was one of the ones, but not the "I Don't Care" friend. Arghh! (and I delivered Georgie K.'s to her personally because it turned out she not only lived in my state but less than a mile away. I found out where she worked and surprised her at the cash register. Very fun.)

I think the mystery winner might have been Alexa? I wrote her weeks ago and haven't heard back, so I just may have to keep it for myself. My husband tells me I'm a winner, so...does anyone mind?

message 25: by Sheila (new)

Sheila  | 15 comments I say if the mystery winner of the 5th Kindle doesn't answer your email or speak up, and hasn't yet (you sent them in Sept right?) then by all means keep it for yourself. :o)

message 26: by Karey (new)

Thanks Sheila. I've been quite proud of myself for holding out this long, staring at that brown box with Kindle printed on it all this time!

message 27: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 26 comments Karey-

I would totally keep it! I love mine! I am going to have trouble ever reading a paper copy book again! My wrists are thanking you!

-Dawn