Shrink Rap (Psychology Books) discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
*Miscellaneous Archives* > Six Fang Marks and an interesting offer...

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Richard (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:01PM) (new)

Richard | 2 comments Dear Shrinks and Readers,

I have an offer that might interest you.

My first novel – Six Fang Marks and a Tetanus Shot – was published in South Africa earlier this year, and will be published in Dutch in the Netherlands during the course of 2008. Several British publishers are also nibbling at the bait, and there are also interested parties in Germany and Poland (of all places). In addition, my book is now also available on pre-order on various sites in the United States and Canada.

Let me put down my trumpet for a moment, so that I may reveal the deal. Because my novel has a strong psychological dimension – focusing specifically on accident proneness and psychosomatic paralysis – I felt this group would be the ideal place to seek early readers who might review the book for the US market. Naturally, I’m hoping this will create a buzz and that many others will swiftly reach for their credit cards.

Here’s the deal: I’ll arrange to send a copy of my book to the first 10 readers who add me to their list of GoodReads friends. If I get a huge response, I may be tempted to send out some more. In exchange, I ask only that you post a review of my book on GoodReads. Naturally, I also look forward to discussing my book with you on this forum.

You’ll find further information about me and my book on GoodReads and elsewhere on the web. You’ll find my blog at http://richarddenooy.book.co.za.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes,
Richard

PS: I will also be posting this offer in one or two other psych-related groups on GoodReads.

Hi Michelle - in answer to your question: it's a work of literary fiction about two brothers. The younger is severely accident prone, and the elder tries to analyse his condition with the aid of the Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry. The psychological dimension takes the form of brief excerpts from said textbook at the start of each chapter.
Thanks for being the first to take the plunge.

message 2: by Michelle (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:01PM) (new)

Michelle | 4 comments Hmmm, okay, you said accident proneness and psychosomatic paralysis, but is this a 'psychological' book? Meaning is this book based upon empirical data or is it fictional?

message 3: by Empress, Patient Zero (new)

Empress (the_empress) | 60 comments Mod
Since there is no response from the author, for the last 5 years, I'm closing this topic.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.