Boxall's 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die discussion

Archives > help request

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenni (new)

Jenni | 3 comments I'm going batty trying to remember the name of a book I read with a passage about a man who is drunk and shoots his dog so that another man doesn't. The man lets his dog fight with other dogs but this time I think the dog killed the other man's dog. I know he was driving a pick up truck and it seemed like he was going to shoot the other man but he ends up shooting his own dog. It's a terrible scenario and I think I tried to block it out but now it's driving me crazy that I can't remember what book it was. I'd appreciate any help anyone could give me.

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole  I haven't read that book, so I can't help ou out directly. However, may I recommend the "What's The Name of That Book?" group here on Goodreads? They're sole purpose is to help people remember the titles of books.

message 3: by Jenni (new)

Jenni | 3 comments Oh great. Thank you very much. That sounds promising.

Stephanie "Jedigal" (jedigal) | 271 comments I was reading Jenni's first post in this thread, and when I logged on to suggest the "What's the Name of That Book?" group, I was pleasantly surprised to see so many others with the same comment. Although I have never solved anyone's request yet, I love the idea of that group, and I think as many should participate as can. That way a bigger pool of solvers! Good luck, Jenni!

message 5: by Jenni (new)

Jenni | 3 comments Thanks Stephanie. It's not solved yet but here's hoping.

message 6: by Jen (new)

Jen (nekokitty) This exact scene happens in The Story of Edgar Sawtelle: A Novel. Could that be the book?

Boxall's 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Story of Edgar Sawtelle (other topics)