Mormon Kids discussion

Book of Mormon Talk > Book of Mormon Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 565 (565 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

message 1: by Cait (new)

Cait Davidson (caiti_cat) | 33 comments this is the BOM chat
its kinda just a random chatbox....

message 2: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy No, this is cool- ive been waiting for another group topic!

message 3: by Cait (new)

Cait Davidson (caiti_cat) | 33 comments i did this with some of my other mormon friends before.... it's fun

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

hi...

message 5: by Cait (new)

Cait Davidson (caiti_cat) | 33 comments hello!

message 6: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy cool! so wait- what do we talk about? the BOM?

message 7: by Cait (new)

Cait Davidson (caiti_cat) | 33 comments random stuff

message 8: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy oh...

message 9: by Christa (new)

Christa | 10 comments i've been trying to read the BOM every night...i'm still working on it. :)

message 10: by Kami ♥ (new)

Kami ♥  C. | 164 comments I dont have time to read it, but I try to

message 11: by Kami ♥ (new)

Kami ♥  C. | 164 comments I dont have time to read it, but I try to

message 12: by Cait (new)

Cait Davidson (caiti_cat) | 33 comments uhh... you said that twice
i try, too

message 13: by Cait (new)

Cait Davidson (caiti_cat) | 33 comments " DO or donnot, there is no try" words from Master yoda

message 14: by Kami ♥ (new)

Kami ♥  C. | 164 comments Yeah i know i said it twice. something is just wrong with my computer.
I like that quote.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) haha nice. I try too...

message 16: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) Are you guys going to the Trek in Wyoming?

message 17: by Cait (new)

Cait Davidson (caiti_cat) | 33 comments uhhh...no

message 18: by Keara (last edited Jan 08, 2009 04:39PM) (new)

Keara (kearachristine) Oh, yeah. You live in Texas, I furgetted. *slaps hand against forehead*

Do you have a big ward?

message 19: by Cait (new)

Cait Davidson (caiti_cat) | 33 comments Yeah we have split our ward twice since i have been here!(almost 8 years)

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) haha no i am not going we went two years ago.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok, isnt this supposed to be a Book of Mormon disscusion? While I was reading last night, I came upon 2nd Nephi 7:9, the one about the moths, but I didnt really get it. Can you guys kinda explain it to me please?

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

At least, I think thats what it was. Something in that 7:9 general area. :D

message 23: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Wallace (sibes11sbcglobalnet) Hi, Cristi. I looked it up and .... wellllll, let me put it this way. Have you ever read the Chronicles of Narnia? Whether you have or you haven't, there is a part where Lucy's in the closet and she smells mothballs. (am I a dork for remembering that or what?) People use mothballs for keeping moths away from clothes because they apparently eat cloth. So basically it's talking about how things are easily destroyed.

message 24: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Wallace (sibes11sbcglobalnet) Little Cello, I think you and I are the only ones in this group who don't live in Utah.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

i dont live in utah

message 26: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Wallace (sibes11sbcglobalnet) Oh cool, where do you live?

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I totally have read Chronicles of Narnia! Well, sort of. Im stuck on The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. (#5) ITS SO BOOOOOOOORRRRRRRIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

message 28: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (carriefinke) | 5 comments The moths is just referring to how physical things of this earth get destroyed, but eternal things do not. So it's saying not to treasure your riches and your clothes, for those things will not go with you into heaven, and to treasure the eternal things like family, your body, and service and so on. =) It's a really simple principle. Of course it ain't sayin' that you can't like wordly treasures, but it's just saying not to put your heart on them for no matter what you do the moths will eat them away and things will decay. Does that make sense?

So I'm starting on reading the Book of Mormon for the 4th time. I'm on 1 Nephi chapter... 12, I believe. That book is seriously the best book in the world; I love it. I was just reading last night about people who fought on the seas. And a book that was brought forth to the Promised Land. I couldn't figure out if it was talking about the BOM, or the New Testament... Any ideas? I believe it's in either chapter 11, or 12. =)

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

THANK YOU SO MUCH CARRIE! Um...I will look, and see what I can find out. IM ALMOST DONE WITH 2ND NEPHI!! When Im done with the BOM in English, I will read it in Spanish, and then Italian. AND I WILL UNDERSTAND IT! Cause I can read in all those languages!

message 30: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) COOL! I wish I spoke a different language. I do a little bit of ASL, though.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I can say a few words in ASL but.... Im fluent in English and Spanish, and Im learing Italian (which I can read, not speak), and French. This summer I will take Latin online. :D

message 32: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) Awesome. Where do you live?

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Utah. Duh. :D Ha ha, actually to narrow it down, Utah County. :)

message 34: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) What city? I live in Springville.

message 35: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (carriefinke) | 5 comments Cristi wrote: "THANK YOU SO MUCH CARRIE! Um...I will look, and see what I can find out. IM ALMOST DONE WITH 2ND NEPHI!! When Im done with the BOM in English, I will read it in Spanish, and then Italian. AND I WIL..."

That is sooo awesome! I should totally read it in another language... Maybe by the time I finished it, I would understand the language. Haha! (Like Other Side of Heaven, hehe!) But I would have to know some basic words and pronunciation first. =) I wanna learn Italian sooo bad!

message 36: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 26, 2009 07:09PM) (new)

Its so easy...well probably because I speak Spanish. :D IM LEARNING HOW TO PLAY THE FLUTE! SO that will bring my instrument total up to... um lets see
1. Piano
2. Guitar
3. Percussion
4. Recorder
5. FLUTE!
Oh and technically I can sing too.

message 37: by Dannee (new)

Dannee | 34 comments are caitlin and i the only non crazy mormons......
psh utah

message 38: by Lissy (new)

Lissy I live in Idaho. Weston Idaho.

message 39: by Lissy (new)

Lissy Its so wide spread I love it here

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

elisabeth i live there too!

message 41: by Lissy (new)

Lissy The exact same spot??

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

yesh!!! thats sooo weird!

message 43: by Lissy (new)

Lissy What's your last name. I might know.

message 44: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) My last name is Atkinson. Yeah, impressive, I know my OWN LAST NAME. YEAH!

message 45: by Lissy (new)

Lissy I can tell you are a fan of David Archuleta he is amazing I have his CD!!

message 46: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) How can you tell if I'm a fan of David Archuleta?

message 47: by Lissy (new)

Lissy Actually I was writing to Rachel. You know the person up above you. The person of the picture of him??

message 48: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) No, I see no person there.

message 49: by Lissy (new)

Lissy Oh okay sorry!! there was someone else talking to me from apparently the same area and I was curious if I knew her

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

I got it. And this is a mormon group, so most of us are LDS, right? AND DO YOU GUYS NOT SHARE MY GLEE???! ABOUT THE MUSIC!!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12